2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I was successful with the Gen 8 conversion earlier this summer, however one thing I never thought of, and no ...
    Rufflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Sedan

Re: 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success

I was successful with the Gen 8 conversion earlier this summer, however one thing I never thought of, and no one on the forum ever mentioned...... I misspoke a name in the call command last week and it started to dial some one from the previous owners list..... So, if you get a used unit and get it working in a 2008 CTS, use the 2009 or newer manual for voice commands and make sure to go the directory and delete all of the previous owners contacts!

It took me this long to quit laughing about it before I could post it. NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT UNTIL IT HAPPENED.

Rerodz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Not sure if this has been covered ... I know part number for gen. 9 with bluetooth is 22739392....did Cadillac use this part number for 2011-2013 CTS ??

rquietstorm05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hello I am new here i see this forum has help alot of people out.So here my story. I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS with a non-blue tooth onstar module. I wanted to upgrade to a module with both bluetooth and onstar got one from ebay LG same as mine but part number 20951765 installed and nothing worked.Took the CTS to the dealer for the reprogram with GM2 got the CTS back now my blue tooth is working but i lost my onstar and I got the red light on my rear mirror aka " the light of deaf " .Called onstar they say its hardware problem took it back to the dealer they reprogram the module again NO Help...UNless the module is INOP I can't think of nothing else that could be the problem..Has anyone had this problem before and what was the fix...I've been online looking for a possible FIX but been unable to find one..Is there anyone who could help this blue man out..thank you

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

im actually curious if, with all this onstar retrofitting, its possible to get onstar's mobile app to remote start a 2008 cts?
    i dont know how old of an onstar module they had, and i dont know what generation of onstar units enable usage of their mobile app....

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Joekitch,

Sorry for any inconvenience, the RemoteLink application works with the vehicle settings that are factory installed in each model. Due to hardware limitations only select vehicles that are 2010 or newer are able to access this feature, so the remote start feature is not available for the 2008 Cadillac CTS. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

WJBeattie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2008

Cool Re: 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success

Hi All, Newbie to this Forum and The 2008 CTS. WOW is all I can say . Haven't touched a Cadillac in uhhh 30 years. I will get a Pic up soon, But.....

Was told it had Bluetooth for my phone and It seems Mine does not. In reading all of these pages Last night until today.... I see that many people want Bluetooth but Before I start I just wanna make sure I am thinking what some of you have done,Ok?

1. I would like to be able to press the handsfree button/voice command button and it be synched to my iphone for my use while drive. It that what you are talking about here so as to not use another phone service through OnStar?

2. I would like the option to stream my Iphone 5s or 4s output to the head unit in the Cts, Would this Mod do that or should I stick with the Bluetooth headphone adapter I ordered.

I cant wait to drive it some more and turn some heads!! This Car Rocks!

Thanks for the help or clarification ...

Jon - Richmond Virginia

( Ps Local dealer just gave a flat NO when I called so much for them for now...)

Hi. I see you are an onstar rep, So. I just bought a 08 cts pre Bluetooth although the dealer said it had it. The manufacture date was prior to the April changeover.

I see a lot of trouble here when people try to switch them and need a dealer to program the replacement.

If I buy the one that the dealer says has superseded mine, model 2083314, this is new and not programed I would imagine. What is it that I am getting the dealer to program??

I would think it is simply onstar that needs to program? True?

The unit would replace my faulty one but would not be assigned to my vin as of the install.

My dealer peeps were not knowledgeable at all. Please give me some advice on this. There is one thread here that says the dealer has to turn on the Bluetooth ? Is it not defaulted on?

Thanks a bunch, and yes I signed up for the free intro to onstar but it seems mine doesn't work at all
    and lord help the voice commands cause it recognizes nothing......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
    Joekitch,

Sorry for any inconvenience, the RemoteLink application works with the vehicle settings that are factory installed in each model. Due to hardware limitations only select vehicles that are 2010 or newer are able to access this feature, so the remote start feature is not available for the 2008 Cadillac CTS. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Just completed this in 2.5 hrs. That nut on the back of the vcim wasn't a problem coming off but I needed a hand getting it back on. Get someone in the trunk to push up on the bolt with a screwdriver while you tighten the nut over it.

Glad someone posted this recently. My friend's 08 cts4 3.6di didn't have the bt. Installed the onstar module from a wrecked '10 cts.

I didn't realize there was no way to access bt options through the nav or DIC and that vr is the only way to mess with the bt settings. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last thing is this. I read that you can arrange so you can say "call mike" if you set the number up as an "onstar name tag." How do you do this and does it require an onstar subscription? Thanks a lot.

Nvm just read up on it.

Anyone know the answers???
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Just completed this in 2.5 hrs. That nut on the back of the vcim wasn't a problem coming off but I needed a hand getting it back on. Get someone in the trunk to push up on the bolt with a screwdriver while you tighten the nut over it.

Glad someone posted this recently. My friend's 08 cts4 3.6di didn't have the bt. Installed the onstar module from a wrecked '10 cts.

I didn't realize there was no way to access bt options through the nav or DIC and that vr is the only way to mess with the bt settings. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last thing is this. I read that you can arrange so you can say "call mike" if you set the number up as an "onstar name tag." How do you do this and does it require an onstar subscription? Thanks a lot.

Yeah the answer ended up being that you cannot access Bluetooth options in the nav or DIC like you can with the STS. It's all done through voice. Thanks.

----------

Also you don't need an onstar subscription and here is the literature that helped with the voice commands.

http://www.waterlooautomall.com/file...rter_Guide.pdf
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Khoj4KOVqNI

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Many thanks to all who have donated valuable info, especially hats off to Gramzster. Without those pics I would have been at it for more than the 3 hours I spent on the project. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out those black snap-on lanyard like things on the sail panels. But I worked at it until I beat them down and off! When I go to replace the subwoofer I know it will be a lot easier

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.