2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just picked up a 2008 CTS4, and like others on here am dissapointed that I dont have bluetooth ... after ...
    cubanrob19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4

Re: 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Success

Just picked up a 2008 CTS4, and like others on here am dissapointed that I dont have bluetooth ... after doing some googleing found this thread, and man am I glad I did! Im going to be calling up to a couple of my local dealerships and see if any of them are going to be able/willing to help me out on this. If all goes well then its off to the junk yards to try and find a new module with bluetooth!

bflat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi,

I'm new to this site(first post) and I was wondering if anyone had video of the Bluetooth in action. I recently purchased an 08 CTS that was manufactured 4/08 and would like to add the Bluetooth integration. Thank you.

bflat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hi,

did you receive any luck trying to install the bluetooth module?

cubanrob19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4

none of my local dealerships would be willing to work with me, and since I purchased a 3 year extended warranty on my vehicle I really dont want to void that!
    I might just go the BlueStar route ... we'll see.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

Did they change the Onstar / Bluetooth setup on the 11's or will these fit the 08+s????
    I Think the pic i seen only has one antenna connector instead of 3???

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Considering the onstar iphone app only works on 2011 and up, I would have to say they indeed did change it.

Duke Vegas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille DTS

Would I have to remove the upper trim panels if all I want to do is duct tape the CoStar Bluestar 2010 unit next to the VCIM, and only remove the two white plugs in order to plug in the Bluestar unit? It looks like I can reach the VCIM to unfasten the wire I need just by reaching through...

Thanks for the great pictures.

dsteinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Lux - 2008 CTS DI Luxury Performance II <-4 Sale

phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Update: I have a 2006 DTS. I got my VCIM off a 2009 Impala. Thanks goes out to all the peeps here who have helped me. This past weekend my friend, who is a GM tech, got his tech2 and we did some testing. The tech2 pulls your VIN from the on-board computer. No matter what make/model/year you tell it, it will work off the VIN that is pulled. So, we went to ebay and searched for a 2009 Caddy DTS, copied the VIN and put it in the tech2. After doing that we have more options. Most importantly we have an update for the VCIM available. After installing this update my Bluetooth works flawlessly. I LOVE it. Note it did take about 25 actual minutes for the update to download and install. As a note, the light on the right side of my rear view mirror is dark and I am able to contact Onstar without issue. They think I am driving a 2009 Impala.

This next thing is a little off subject but worth mentioning. I also purchased an advanced 2-way remote FOB p/n# 19213467. Supposed to work with 2008+. Again, put the VIN from a 2009 in tech2 and the thing programs without a hitch. Had to redo the TPMS sensors, but other than that it was pretty easy and works like a charm. Now everything I wanted to work on my car works. Took forever to figure out but it was worth it. I love my car.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Glad it worked for you. You are lucky to have access to a tech2. All things are easier with a tech2.

gm85 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 2007 DTS, 2011 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    So, we went to ebay and searched for a 2009 Caddy DTS, copied the VIN and put it in the tech2. After doing that we have more options. Most importantly we have an update for the VCIM available.
    Really? Thanks for mentioning that! I may take my car back to my local repair shop and ask him to run the Tech2 with the VIN of the car the module originally came from.

Hopefully that software update will show up (I remember there being one for the model I have installed) and might possibly correct the issue with no Caller ID appearing.

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)

So since I bought the newest navigation update disc... could someone use a tech 2, my vin and the disc to update nav and then change back to their vin?

Just thinking out loud... not interested in giving out my vin.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Re: 2008 Gen 7 to Gen 8.2 Onstar w/ Bluetooth Help.........cant pair

Gramzster or anyone who can help.........

I have an 08 CTS w/Nav & no bluetooth. I got this VCIM out of a 2010 CTS w/o NAV ( not sure if it matters) & its Verision 8.2 (see pic below)

When I press the command button on the steering wheel, I get the yellow boarder around my nav screen, but it does not say "ready". I say "hands free", & the system responds w/"enter street" followed by "invalid command". I know this VCIM was working cause they seller paired it to his phone before I bought it. What gives.

weezedog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS

Have you tried saying just bluetooth? They may have changed the commands in the new models. May want to download the owners manual for a 2010 model in pdf and see if its in there.
    dsteinmann and dsteinmann like this.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by weezedog View Post
    Have you tried saying just bluetooth? They may have changed the commands in the new models. May want to download the owners manual for a 2010 model in pdf and see if its in there.
    I've tried saying bluetooth, pair, hands free, hand free & all I keep getting is "enter street"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.