2008 cts ultra view moonroof leaks.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 cts ultra view moonroof leaks. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; hello : I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY 2008 CTS OWNERS HAVE ANY ...
    9gturns is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

Question 2008 cts ultra view moonroof leaks.

hello : I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY 2008 CTS OWNERS HAVE ANY LEAK ISSUES WITH THEIR ULTRAVIEW MOONROOF SEALS LEAKING. I AM PICKING UP MY 08 CTS ON THURS JULY 23, 2009 AND AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE MOONROOF AM I ASKING FOR LEAKING HEADACHES WITH SUCH A HUGE MOONROOF THAT TAKES UP 70% OF THE ROOF SURFACE AREA. I AM NOT COMMITTED TO BUY IT UNTIL I TEST DRIVE IT AND INSPECT IT .. THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP IN EITHER PUTTING MY MIND AT EASE OR ALERTING ME TO A HUGE HEADACHE ... REGARDS TO ALL !!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crystal_red is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM

Re: 2008 cts ultra view moonroof leaks.

I have never heard of a CTS moonroof leaking.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Have the car washed and see if it leaks. The answer to your question is simple.

proexpert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 Loaded

No they do not leak. No need to yell.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

No problems whatsoever with the Ultra View Roof. My car was built 12-07. It's a great feature. Good luck!

thankyou for putting my mind at ease ! i feel better about my purchase !!!!

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

No problems with mine so far except for minor clicks/rattles with it closed. Other people on the forum have reported that their dealers have been able to re-seat the rear portion of the moonroof to correct this issue. Mine seems to be getting better as I put more miles on the car (most noticeable when the car is hot and the car flexes going through a gutter or over a large pothole) so I'm waiting before I ask the dealer to look at it, but you might listen carefully and ask them to correct any rattles before you drive off the lot.

Also, if you like to drive with the windows down, try that on your test drive, as the fabric sun cover tends to vibrate in the wind with the windows down. (The solution is to open the cover if you roll down the windows and drive at speed.)

All the minor issues aside, I'm happy my car has the moonroof option and if I bought the car again, I'd make sure it had one.

thankyou for making me feel better about my purchase . i will try to find a car wash when i test drive..regards !!!!

thankyou,thankyou,thankyou !!!!!!!!!.now i am really looking forward to my purchase !!!!!

08lava is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 08CTS Hot Lava 3.6DI RWD special edition

Quote Originally Posted by 9gturns View Post
    thankyou,thankyou,thankyou !!!!!!!!!.now i am really looking forward to my purchase !!!!!

You are gonna love it! the car is awesome!

Jimmypooh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

In case it helps anyone, I just cleaned out my drain tubes on my 2009 CTS Sedan. The front is easy, snake some mechanic's wire down. You could also pull the wheel well cover off if you are having a tough time. It can also be seen from the door jam if you move the plastic divider out of the way. The back you can't get to from above. Most directions say you have to take off the wheel and wheel well cover to get at the tube. It's easier to just pull back the carpet in the trunk and pull the rubber gromet out and clean it from the trunk. Then you don't have to take the wheel apart.

I ended up cutting off their bad attempt at a one way valve (flaps at the end of the tube). I think that's what was causing the clogs.

Now my hardest thing left is cleaning up the interior of the car. I pulled the back seat out and felt under the carpet. It's soaked. I'm going to end up pulling the front seats and basically pulling the entire rear carpet out so I can clean and get ride of the musty smell. If anyone has tips on cleaning, I'm all ears.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.