Window Problem - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Window Problem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 1999 STS . the driver side rear window stopped working. opened it up and found a round ...
    wbolin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 sts

Re: Window Problem

I have a 1999 STS . the driver side rear window stopped working. opened it up and found a round plastic something laying on the bottom of the door well. cable is fine. can you replace the plastic part by itself?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Someone here may be able to help you but have you posted this to the STS board. Perhaps someone over there has had a similar problem.

wineldr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI Auto

Driving home from work tonight, suddenly rear passenger window goes down on its own, quite startling, now it will not go up. Let car sit for an hour tried again, still no luck. When windows are in safety mode the window makes a clicking sound, otherwise no sound at all. 08 CTS sedan 3.6DI

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Wineldr,
    Have you been to the dealer to have this issue diagnosed? I would start there. If you would like me to make an appointment for you, just let me know.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Quote Originally Posted by gamoon View Post
    My driver's side window no longer goes up. All other windows seem to be working fine. I checked the owner's manual and did not see fuses for each front window like they are with the rear windows. BTW I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS
    Had this happen on my 08 CTS during a trip on I-95. It was a real challenge trying to pay tolls with drivers window frozen. Embarrassing too! Gee a Caddy with bad windows. Dealer had to replace both circuits in door. Dont recall names but there are only 2 and both had to be replaced under warranty.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

I didnt want to open another thread, but 2012 cts, this morning the passenger side front window wouldn't budge at all from either switch. This afternoon, I was able to get it to work, but the express was not set, so i followed the procedure to program the express settings and now the window is stuck down! Any tips or advice?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.