Where can I get an original window sticker?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Where can I get an original window sticker? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Recently bought a slightly used 2008 CTS...damn I love this car!!...and I'd like to know where I can get a ...
    jw38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Where can I get an original window sticker?

Recently bought a slightly used 2008 CTS...damn I love this car!!...and I'd like to know where I can get a copy of the original window sticker. Any ideas???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fritze18 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT

Re: Where can I get an original window sticker?

I believe any dealership can print you off a window sticker if you just supply them with the VIN. I don't know this for sure, but I have heard of it being done.

doncrystalred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My window sticker got lost somewhere along the line when I picked it up new. The dealer had to request a duplicate from GM. It took a little over two weeks for me to get it Just ask your dealer, and there should be no problem in getting one.

PAO
    PAO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx

the only issue maybe that model year since its an 08.....GM may not have a archive the of original window sticker...the dealer would have ask

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

If not an actual window sticker, you can get a VIS report run on the vin by any dealer that will not only give you a specific breakdown of what is on the car but also any service history. These are quick, easy, and cost nothing.

Otherwise, as said, an actual duplicate sticker may be possible but isn't as easy, and shows you less than what a free VIS report would--but if it's what you want, then you'll have to try.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

The dealer would have to request a new window sticker. A few years back when they cleaned up one of my new trucks they lost the factory sticker. Like was side in an above post, they were able to produce a new one but it took a couple of weeks to get thru GM. I recall the person who located it mentioned what a job it was to find the right person to ask.

cooncat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS V8

I am not sure if you can get the actual window sticker, but you can get the invoice. It is very much the same thing:

Allied Vaughn
    G.M. Heritage Center
    11923 Brookfield
    Livonia, Michigan

(723) 462-5543 ext 163

e-mail: vehiicleinvoice@gmmediaarchieve.com

The cost is $50. This is charge for the research of your car. I did this for my car since I bought as the third owner. This a tier supplier of G.M. They are very good in responding and I got the invoice within one day of payment. I think you can by credit card.

Good luck.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Dealer can print you an invoice. I change cars regularly, and I have them print up the VIS report (build out sheet), maint hist, and the invoice. Total cost: dozen tamales.

bwv565 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Quote Originally Posted by cooncat View Post
    I am not sure if you can get the actual window sticker, but you can get the invoice. It is very much the same thing:

Allied Vaughn
    G.M. Heritage Center
    11923 Brookfield
    Livonia, Michigan

(723) 462-5543 ext 163

e-mail: vehiicleinvoice@gmmediaarchieve.com

The cost is $50. This is charge for the research of your car. I did this for my car since I bought as the third owner. This a tier supplier of G.M. They are very good in responding and I got the invoice within one day of payment. I think you can by credit card.

Good luck.
    There are two typos in the email address you included above. I went to www.gmmediaarchive.com and found all the information on how to order the sticker (but you are correct it is $50 which I think is a tad outrageous).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.