CTS Speaker Sizes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS Speaker Sizes in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Holy Cr#p cdigiovanni, you are going to shake the bolts on the car loose. I am waiting to recieve my ...
    Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

Re: CTS Speaker Sizes

Holy Cr#p cdigiovanni, you are going to shake the bolts on the car loose.

I am waiting to recieve my 2009, and would like to attempt to add a simple 12" box runnign off its own Amp. Nothing too extreme, I just need to try to figure out how hard it is to splice into the factory sub output in the Bose amp. Ideally I'd like to leave the stock 10 speakers as is and simply add this additional sub+amp for that added kick.

From the above thread it sounds like it is possible without messing up the factory system.

Mayimbe1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)

Hey all, sorry to bring this post back to the forefront but it seems as though another issue has arisen with my audio installation. I'm getting everything installed today and the installer just called to tell me that the voice activated navigation system will only function with the factory speakers, therefore, they can't be replaced with the tweeters from the component speakers I purchased.

Is this really the case? And if so, do you guys have any suggestions as to where I can have him install the tweeters without interrupting the factory look of the set-up. They are each 1 inch, if that helps. As always, thanks in advance for any info.

ngiardina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs

Quote Originally Posted by Mayimbe1979 View Post
    Hey all, sorry to bring this post back to the forefront but it seems as though another issue has arisen with my audio installation. I'm getting everything installed today and the installer just called to tell me that the voice activated navigation system will only function with the factory speakers, therefore, they can't be replaced with the tweeters from the component speakers I purchased.

Is this really the case? And if so, do you guys have any suggestions as to where I can have him install the tweeters without interrupting the factory look of the set-up. They are each 1 inch, if that helps. As always, thanks in advance for any info.

He doesn't know what he is talking about, how would a speaker (output device) affect the microphone (input device). The only thing you cant do with our cars is replace the head unit without a PAC P/N: OS3-Bose. I'm telling you, though, you shouldn't need to replace the in-car speakers. Sounds like this guy is taking you for a ride.

Mayimbe1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)

Well, I finally had everything installed and I have to admit that I'm fairly satisfied with the rsult. The install looks good and hits pretty hard. However, my installer was not able to figure out how to program the Rockford 3Sixty sound processor. He said that he is going to come by this week and complete the tuning aspect of the installation. In the meantime, songs played from my ipod sound pretty good but the bass sounds terible when listening to the radio, that includes Am/Fm and Xm. I hope this will be taken care of when he figures out how to work the 3Sixty.

giardina, how much do you think your friend down in Middlesex will charge to take a look at the installation and make sure that everything is installed properly? I should have paid your friend a visit as soon as I started to have doubts about my current installer but he is a friend of my uncle and I didn't want to stir the pot. Anyway, the heavylifting is done, but I want to make sure that I'm getting the most out of my system. For example, he said that he didn't wire the subs (Two 2 ohm Kicker L7s) down to 1 ohm because he said that the amp (a Rockford Fosgate 1000td) would overheat. BTW, you were right about the front doors speaker size. They are each 9" so he had to build a custom enclosure in order to fit the 6 1/5 components I purchased.

trampled01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

These forums are great but for some reason, I don't know if it is because I am blonde and all, but I am installing an amp and 2 12" mtx in serious into a 2009 cts. I have heard conflicting lines as far as were to get the source signal. The target is just to increase the base, obviously, and not to touch the mids and highs. Can I use the factory amp wire and convert it into RCA's or the rear door speaker wires in my high level input? Also, can I get to all my source lines off the amp already in the trunk?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Good luck getting a reply - this is a long dead thread!

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I'll reply...I think you mean "in series" to increase the "bass". Ok, syntax aside....

Messing with the lines running to the amp in the trunk risks the amp not getting the signal it expects and causing additional unintended complications. The signal is an AC signal, and not much of one at that. Splitting it off can reduce the signal to the amp and now you have more issues. Do you really need the rear door speakers? If not, taking them at the high level into the amp is a consideration at the loss of the rear door speakers, but keep in mind the high level signal will have more noise than a better balanced low level signal intended to drive an amp. As you can see, there are several ways you can go with this. Why not ask a local audio shop if they've done this in a CTS before, and if so, can you hear the customers car. Most reputable shops can make a decent recommendation, and if they've done it before, they may just be able to have you listen to the previous job if the customer is pleased.

Xtant12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-AWD DI ( Hot Lava Edition )

i did my own install. I added my Xtant12 X1244 series and a 1500W amp. I just did the audio conversion box that wires to both + and - of the rear speakers. Then the power and ground. For remote I just added a switch. Everything works so far!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.