Cadillac Owners Forum banner

That's What I Get for Buying A "Special Events" Car

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Kidder 
#1 ·
I traded my 03 CTS for an 08 CTS back in July. I'd been looking for a while, had started an order, and then elected to go with a "special events" CTS I found through a dealer here in Northeast Wisconsin. The car has everything I wanted, and considering the options and price tag I pretty much stole the car...all warranties, features (On-Star, XM), etc, as new...only thing I couldn't use were my GM dollars. Car had just under 5,000 miles on it, and the "special events" piece was it was driven by the Regional Cadillac Rep. Car was and is like new...I've only put 4,000 miles on since the 1st week of July, and that included a 2,000 mile round trip to NW Arkansas and back.

Anyway to the "That's What I Get For Buying a Special Events car." I noticed the other day the other what looked like white paint overspray on the window and doorlock switches on the driver's door...no idea where it came from. Then yesterday when I stopped to gas up I noticed a dark colored spot on the driver's seat left bolster.....found out what the overspray came from! Someone along the way had repaired the seat...not in the CarFax report or program sheet from Cadillac.

It had been raining pretty hard yesterday when I got out of work and I was pretty wet when I got in the car...I guess I wiped the seat paint off.
Small spot, about the size of a nickle. Definitely repaired as the leather is probably 50% softer than the leather around it.

So off to the dealer Monday...so my question to the experts here. Let them repair it again? Or make them replace the the seat back? My vote...replace the seat back.

Curt

See less See more
#5 ·
A tick over $46k...and let's just say somewhere between $30 and $35k. With the exception of not being able to using my GM bucks, entire transaction treated as a new car sale.

I'm not worried about getting fix right...they haven't met my wife yet:rant2:.

Curt

#4 ·
I would opt to have the dealer replace the skin on the seat. It is obvious an attempt was made to repair the spot with leather spray dye/paint
and it apparently did not solve the problem. The dealer should have no problem replacing the skin since it should be under warranty. Because car sales are so slow due to the current state of our economy dealers probably need to take in all the warranty work they can to help pay their operating costs.

#9 · (Edited)
What I paid was before I applied my trade and any cash. I know some of the dealers watch this site and I'm not quite sure how they talk to each other, hence my vague answer on price. This was the end of June, first part of July this year...the sticker was $46k and change; as a program car with just under 5k miles on they were asking $41k and change; and I bought the car for just under $34k..before applying the trade value of my 03 CTS...so the final after trade (didn't get quite as much as I hoped for the 03), was just north of $24k.

Curt

Attachments

#16 ·
I believe it is a way to retain anonymity. I expect there are those that have access to license plate number databases. You never know what it could lead to or who you are leading to you. Consider the folks that give open access to family photos on the web. It is too scary a place...why make yourself (or your family) vulnerable. Remember...it is after all, the worldwide web....be cautious and be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.