Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 59 replies 34 participants last post by  nort99 
#1 ·
I have noticed that there are a lot of people that own a Caddy and a Corvette. Do you? Is this because you are a GM fan or it just worked out that way? What year is your Vette? Do you have matching colors?

I have a 2003 Coupe, Torch Red, and it is my baby. But I have to tell you, I am not a GM loyalist. However, it seems when I do the homework on vehicles, GM usually comes out on top. I also have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limted 4x4 Hemi that is wonderful as well. We will be trading that vehicle in around the first of February and another GM product, the Acadia/Enclave is now on the top of the list.

It is a shame that most of the auto-buying consumers are not more honest in their analysis and give the American companies a look. It has nothing to do with patriotism, it has everything to do with value and quality.

And yes, to those eagle-eyed post viewers, they are two different houses the two cars are parked in front of....the Vette picture was taken in front of my old house. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey guys this is my first post, but I figured this is a good place to start. I traded in my black '07 vette 2 weeks ago for the Caddy due to the birth of my first child. I love the Caddy, but still miss the black beast. On a puzzling side note any clues why the Caddy cost more to insure?:hmm:

#6 ·
Never been a GM guy....had only one GM car - Holden Commodore.
CTS is my first real GM car....not impress with GM quality control...

Vette has been on my list of cars to have as long as I can remember....one day "she'll be mine" ;)

Drakester, I like your combo...very nice!

#7 ·
Hers:

His:

I'm a GM guy as I am fortunate enough to be eligible for Employee Pricing. I've been driving a Corvette since 1998. Current Vette is a 2006. The 2008 CTS is our second CTS, the first being a 2004.

#9 ·
I have an '03 black Z06 (50th anniversary). I have a white CTS. I also have a black SRX. I guess I am a GM loyalist, but there really isn't anything else out there that appeals to me. I prefer the styling and perfomance of GM stuff when I compare price and specs. Everyone bashes GM quality, but I have never had any issues with any GM car I purchased. I won't mention the problems with the Audi TT my wife had. Even though I got rid of it a year ago, I literally get a class action settlement notice about another new problem every 4 months or so. The last one was a couple weeks ago about excessive engine sludge. I love the Z06. I bought it brand new when I was just 25, and it was a great bachelor car to have. I would love a new ZR1, if we want to start a fund to help me buy it.:halo:

#12 ·
Good thread! I have a red 2008 CTS and a Bryar Blue 1972 Vette convert w/ 454. I'll try to get pix up soon.

Two years ago I had two German and one Japanese vehicles. Other than trucks I hadn't owned an American car since my 73 Lemans. I kept saying that if the Americans would remember how to build a world class car I'd buy it. So, I've finally put my $$$ where my mouth was. I now own a 2007 Escalade in addition to the other two.

Just to make sure that GM keeps moving ahead, I've also signed up for the Equinox Fuel Cell test program.

#13 ·
I'm giving the CTS a hard look right now, as according to my research it's the best bang for the buck in the mid-size sport sedan market. I'm looking for something to replace my BMW 540i, which was the best car I have ever driven in my life.

The CTS would not be the first GM car I've driven...I had a '92 Pontiac Bonneville which is, to date, my second-favorite ride.

I'd never buy a 'Vette...it's just not my style.

#15 · (Edited)
I have 2005 Corvette, I have had a few of them over the years.
Cardinals Stadium

Another one at the Stadium

If any of you Corvette guys care to join our Corvette forum in Arizona please feel free to do that. I am the Administrator on that forum. Love my CTS and the vette. I can not input the address on here because I have not been a member here long enough. Just got our CTS about a month ago.

#34 ·
I HAD a 2003 CTS with 5-speed stick, recently sold it too get the current generation CTS, likely getting the new V, and also have a 1998 Corvette Indy Pace car, auto, which im used to the softer seats so im not liking the CTS seats much, more so the seat bak, foam is too dense. Its really a topsy turvey world when the Vette has a softrer bucket than a Caddy, ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.