Backup Camera Installation through my Navigation Screen
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Backup Camera Installation through my Navigation Screen in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2009 CTS with backup sensors but would like to have a backup camera installed through my navagation ...
    KenD245 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question Backup Camera Installation through my Navigation Screen

I have a 2009 CTS with backup sensors but would like to have a backup camera installed through my navagation screen.

Has anyone done this? Is it something that you can purchase and do yourself?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ngiardina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs

Re: Backup Camera Installation through my Navigation Screen

Not yet, no way to jack into the nav screen without sending your radio along with $450 to tvandnav2go.com. They hot rod it and make it so you can have two aux video inputs, one being triggered by reverse. That is in addition to the backup camera that you would need to purchase.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Cadillac has announced that the back-up camera will be standard on the CTC (Coupe) when it comes out (public introduction of the Coupe in production version is this November at Los Angeles International Auto Show with sales expected late next year).

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

I wonder if the Coupe will have the same Alpine Nav/Radio unit - with Camera added or will it be a different unit altogether?

Hendrick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

NavTV.com has the special GM interface ($700) and the the camera that replaces 1 license plate light with a light and the camera so it looks stock ($400). Here is the link specifically for the 09 CTS. http://navtv.com/vehicle_products.php

smowre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

I clicked on your link and couldn't see anything for the XLR. Have you actually had one installed that allows use of your Nav Screen?

I am familiar with the mirror version and don't care for them.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.