2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by ddawson If you have to keep the Nav disc in the slot, then there is no place ...
    PJL
    PJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Re: 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    If you have to keep the Nav disc in the slot, then there is no place for a CD. Since there is only one slot in the car, I don't understand.
    According to the manual, when you insert the update disc it will begin the update process (including requiring you to confirm that you want to update the system, and enter the authorization code for the disc). Once the update is completed, the disc will eject and the system will reboot.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Makes sense. This is the only possible way it can be. Thanks.

LEOinDC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 DI Perf Crystal Red, '12 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

Exclamation Re: 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update

The Navigation Data Update Disc-USA and Canada Version 2.00 - updates the Application to version 2.00.0104 and the Map database to version 14.73.7.030308.24. OS Windows Automotive version 5.0.

Be prepared for a three hour window to complete the update!

The disc is keyed to your vehicle's V.I.N. so it cannot be passed around to other vehicles.

NOTE: My CTS was a Dec 2007 build and the factory delivered data was
    Application Version: 1.02.0000
    Map Database Version: 8.63.12.022807.19
    OS Windows Automotive version: 5.0

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by LEOinDC View Post
    The Navigation Data Update Disc-USA and Canada Version 2.00 - updates the Application to version 2.00.0104 and the Map database to version 14.73.7.030308.24. OS Windows Automotive version 5.0.
    Interesting....

My 09 was delivered with the following Nav informaiton on 31 July:

Application Version: 2.00.0001
    Database Version: 14.73.7.030308.24
    OS Win Automotive v5.0

It seems that the v 2.0 updates only the Application and not the database.....

LEOinDC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 DI Perf Crystal Red, '12 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

Exclamation Re: 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update

Quote Originally Posted by The Drakester View Post
    It seems that the v 2.0 updates only the Application and not the database.....
    My information demonstrates BOTH application and map database were updated.

Your map database version doesn't require updating with this release as they are identical. And your application version suggests only a minor maintenance update would be applied. I would not spend the $199 just for that.

My updates were substantial but, in all fairness to GM/Alpine, the system still operated as described in the Navigation manual prior to updating. The system operates a bit faster with no obvious new features since updating.

omegafiler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI RWD FE2

I tried to put my 2009 disc in the NAV, it just read it for a few seconds, then ejected the disc. No error, no prompts, or anything. I do know it needs some sort of update to resolve the nav guidance volume issue. It won't reduce the music volume when it speaks. In either case, it's still with the dealer for other issues - so they can figure it out. Perhaps the update will allow it to work correctly...

drge24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

In order to install the update disc will the battery last for the 3 hours required for the installation with the key in the ACC position or must the engine run for 3 hours?

Dean Smith is offline Cadillac Owners Member

NavDisc customer service inquired of Alpine and was told that the ignition switch must not be off (causing a redo) but it may be in ACC mode for a short (undefined) time without draining the battery. The recommendation remains to run the engine for approximately three hours while updating.

So the dealer "claimed" to have updated the Nav Disc, but I knew they didn't do it even before I checked the Nav version info. But as I've recently discovered, apparently the GMNavDisc Center sent me the wrong one anyways. Even though I called them twice to question the changes in the description of the disc while it was on backorder.

Oh well. Anyways, here is the pre-update info from my CTS.

App Ver: 1.04.0000
    Database Ver: 8.63.12.022807.19

Vehicle Build Date: 05/29/2008

So, 3 hours to update eh? Did you guys just start up the car and let it idle in the driveway as "recommended?" Or perhaps you could leave it in ACC mode and connect a battery tender/charger directly to the battery while it's updating?

Either way... that sure is a long time.

Dean Smith is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Scratch my prior message. I have since installed the update. The instruction screen of my version clearly states that if the ignition is turned off the disk will pick up from the stop point next time the ignition is turned on. This leads me to believe that there are differing instructions, depending on the production run, or build. Other versions probably warn that the ignition must not be turned off, as was the information I received from Alpine.

marcux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS08 Bluechip

Hi guys! i am in italy and I own a CTS from Cadillac europe, just to inform you my system data are:
    app. version-0.99.8300
    database version- 10.62.01.062807.19
    coverage: europe

And i have the same problem, the voice of navigation dont stop the radio voice when it talk!

Finally got the correct 2009 Nav Disc update a few days ago. It also took a bit longer than the instructions indicated (4+ hours). It updated the audio, software, and map database. It did add quite a few new roads/highways around here, but didn't resolve the nav voice issue. It still tries to talk over the music that's playing without lowing the volume of the music like a normal nav system.

Very annoying. I'll have to take this up with the dealer again during my next visit...

App Version: 2.00.0104
    DB Version: 14.73.7.030308.24

carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and update my system for both NAV & GraceNotes - disks have been ordered.

Pre-update info from my CTS:

App Ver: 1.02.0000
    Database Ver: 8.63.12.022807.19

Vehicle Build Date: 01/2008

Wish me luck !

Edward Koziatek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

09 CTS - I just checked with the dealer and there is a software update that will be available for installation by the dealer. They haven't received it yet though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.