2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My 2008 CTS, which was built in mid May 2008: Application Version 1.04.0000 Database version 8.63.12.022807.19 Windows Automotive Version 5.0....
    The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: 2008 CTS Navigation Disc Update

My 2008 CTS, which was built in mid May 2008:

Application Version 1.04.0000
    Database version 8.63.12.022807.19
    Windows Automotive Version 5.0.

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

That is some change! I don't know thier numbering protocols but the AppVer goes from 1.04.0000 to 2.00.0001 and the DB goes from
    8.63.12.022807.19 to 14.73.7.030308.24. My build was early July 2008. Interesting! OS version is the same.

Maybe someone with a later build than July 08 can post thier info.

Interesting that there was no change from Dec 07 to May of 08 and then the "big" change...numbers wise.

pharden is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had my system software updated and now it will not play CD's. Get a message that says "incorrect disc. " Also still doesn't show the nearest gas stations w/ low fuel. Back to the dealer.

OneLapCoastie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI FE3

Mine has worked great 99.9% of the time. I'm thinking I'm better off not updating my system, particularly since my dealer doesn't seem to know anything about the update.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    Just checked today - disc update for 2008 CTS is out there on NAVDISC website. Of course its not in stock but you can order it.
    After checking the order I placed I noticed it said 'non-hard drive only'. I called back and they said there is another version for hard drive systems. Confusing cause all 08 CTS's are hard drive based. End of story is that I cancelled the prior order, couldnt place the new order for hard drive version, and they said to call back around 10/1 when hopefully their system will be straightened out and they will have the proper NAV DISCs for 08 CTS.

RQFinMD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS DI AWD White Diamond/Cashmere-Cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by The Drakester View Post
    One thing that might be helpful would be for someone with an early 2008 Nav could post the DB version and Windows version to see if there have been version changes. I can post from an early build 09.

Application Version: 2.00.0001
    Database Version: 14.73.7.030308.24
    OS Win Automotive v5.0
    My '09's build date was is August 2008 and the DB info says the same thing as you show. Based on the '08 cars' DB version info posted by others, it appears mine has been updated with the stuff that's on the $199.00 disc being sold now. (The GM NAV Disc person I spoke to said that that was possible.)

EDIT: Above is only true, of course, if this App/DB version is in fact what's on the soon-to-be released disc. Even the NAV Disc person didn't know the version numbers yet for the new disc.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Instead of getting the NAV update, why not get the connections and directions on star plan. In that way, if your destination isn't on your disc, you can always call on star, and have the directions sent to your car, via the DIC.

bobelew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I wonder how often Onstar updates their info and from what database!

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by bobelew View Post
    I wonder how often Onstar updates their info and from what database!
    Prolly Google Maps or Mapquest

omegafiler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI RWD FE2

After checking the order I placed I noticed it said 'non-hard drive only'. I called back and they said there is another version for hard drive systems. Confusing cause all 08 CTS's are hard drive based. End of story is that I cancelled the prior order, couldnt place the new order for hard drive version, and they said to call back around 10/1 when hopefully their system will be straightened out and they will have the proper NAV DISCs for 08 CTS.
    I also noticed the recent change in the description of the 2009 Nav Disc for the '08 CTS. So I called gmnavdisc.com, they did some "research," and told me that this is the correct and only disc for the '08 CTS. You know, since there is only 1 nav system available. They said I just needed some sort of "update" from the dealer to make it work.

What's up with that? I left a message with my dealer, but haven't heard back yet. Has anybody else gotten any confirmed info regarding this update? Why in the world would they have an update disc that says "non-hard disc version" if they all have hard drives?

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Shazzam - 2008 navigation disc update is finally available(11/3). There is also an update to Gracenote HDD. Both are in stock.

charlieMc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Shazzam - 2008 navigation disc update is finally available(11/3). There is also an update to Gracenote HDD. Both are in stock.
    Do you know if the 2008 nav upgrade is a free or one you have to purchase?

Free Nav discs are only available to folks who purchased 06/07 new GM vehicles (excluding SAAB) with the built-in factory nav. They get 2 free updates, one at each of the next 2 anniversaries of purchasing the vehicle. They've got that info in the FAQ section of their newly re-designed website.

So if you have a new 08/09 CTS, that'll be $200! In fact, I just got my 2009 Nav Disc DVD update today! Now all I need it a CTS to put it in.

It's at the dealer, but hopefully will be done soon! I'm sorta curious to see how it works. The included letter says you have to keep it in there. But they aren't exactly "CTS Specific" instructions. It should copy everything to the HD...

I guess I can do this while I'm at the dealer in case there are any issues.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

If you have to keep the Nav disc in the slot, then there is no place for a CD. Since there is only one slot in the car, I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    If you have to keep the Nav disc in the slot, then there is no place for a CD. Since there is only one slot in the car, I don't understand.
    Yeah, it's obviously incorrect. I suspect it'll copy itself to the internal HD on it's own. The question was whether or not the dealer had to do something to make it happen. We'll see...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.