Tire Pressure Monitor-- Reset ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Tire Pressure Monitor-- Reset ? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thanks a bunch, Mike...
    Brooks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Tire Pressure Monitor-- Reset ?

Thanks a bunch, Mike

jw38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by ldelre View Post
    For my car, that advice was close, but not close enough. If you only get one beep when you press the lock and unlock at the same time, and the above does not work, do this: Go find a big magnet and follow the instructions below:

TPMS RELEARN & RESET PROCEDURES

On the Corvette and Cadillac applications, the transponders in each wheel must be reset if the wheels are rotated to another position on the vehicle. This can be done by placing a J-41760 magnet over the valve stem or by using a Tech 2 or equivalent scan tool.

Magnet method: With the key on, engine off, press both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. A horn chirp within 10 seconds indicates the TPMS receiver is in the programming mode. Place the magnet over the left front valve stem until the horn chirps. This forces the LF pressure sensor to transmit its code to the main module. Repeat the same procedure for the right front, right rear and left rear sensors in this order. Verify all four pressure readings are displayed on the driver information center.
    As the owner of both the CTS and a C6 Corvette, I can tell that using the magnet to reset the TPMS is MUCH easier than having to mess with the tire's air pressure!

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Tried the magnet method yesterday. Did not work. I have a rare earth, very strong magnet....any ideas?

gonzalezfj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    Tried the magnet method yesterday. Did not work. I have a rare earth, very strong magnet....any ideas?
    Older cars use magnet to reset. Newer ones you need to change tire pressure or use an electronic gadget to reset the sensors.

Don't know when the cutoff is for Caddy. In Corvettes it's 2005 or older use the magnet.

Frank Gonzalez

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Magnets won't work on CTS. You either have to have the programming tool... $$$$$.... or do the tire pressure increase/decrease method.
    It only takes about 2 psi to trigger the learn, let air out for 8-10 seconds, stop and wait for the beep.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

I did the pressure change twice. It worked great! And as I have a PorterCable ais compressor inflating the tires back is not a problem. Just wanted an easier way...

ewil3rd,
    thank you for the info.

mrny25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville Base Model

Excellent information.. I have a 2003 Deville and the service tire pressure on the dash is driving me nuts. I had a TPM sensor replaced and never reset the sensors. Going to try the magnet this weekend.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Procedure, identified as one the owner should do, is documented in the user manual.

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Before doing the relearn, I pump all the tires up to 40 psi and then simply bleed down. It will chirp right around 36 psi and then I don't need to go back and adjust the pressure a second time.

mrny25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville Base Model

I just did the magnet reset procedure on my 2003 deville,it worked perfect. I bought a 90lbs of force
    magnet from the Harbor Freight store near me it took about 1 minute to do all 4 tires. Key on engine off
    hold the lock and unlock buttons until you hear a chirp then place the magnet next to the drivers wheel
    valve stem until you hear a chirp then go to the passenger front do the same thing,rear passenger tire
    then finish at the rear drivers side tire. Great info guys thanks. The magnet cost like $3 dollars in case
    your wondering.

buzz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 2008, SRX 2008

So, where did you purchase this $3 magnet? I would like to have this in my tool box in the event I need it in the future. It is a bit of a PITA to inflate/deflate all four tires when I need to reset the TPMs; as when the tires are rotated, for example. As it is, I am considering the purchase of the GM tool; i.e., about $75.

----------

Here is the next, albeit maybe obvious question for experienced users, how do you turn the ignition to "on" without starting the engine for an STS with push-button starting? I may be showing my ignorance here; but, with a simple "key" ignition system, it is really easy. This push button start system, IMHO, is silly! You still need a key, so why not just have it hanging on the dash or steering column? Maybe I am showing my age, here!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

buzz,

From page 2-28 in your owner's manual:
    Accessory Mode.bmp

The red circle indicates what you would push when the engine is off to put your vehicle into Accessory Mode (your engine is not running, but you can use your windshield wipers/radio/etc).

I hope this helps!
    Sarah (In for Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

HUD
    HUD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

On my DTS, I use the magnet to set the pressure monitor. Can the magnet also be used on my 2010 CTS?

sofaking427 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

will this Per the manual for a CTS process work for an 03 Deville ?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking427 View Post
    will this Per the manual for a CTS process work for an 03 Deville ?
    Probably not. Entirely different vehicles and electricals. Try posting in the proper forum for the Deville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.