Subwoofer Install with Bose Amp and NAV - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Subwoofer Install with Bose Amp and NAV in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Tagged...
    jmildoc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 01 Deville
    Tagged

GBot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Performance Edition

Re: Subwoofer Install with Bose Amp and NAV

Quote Originally Posted by dugunz View Post
    As far as the remote wire goes, I wound up using a low voltage trigger and its been working fine for a few months now just fine. Its a small unit that uses your speaker wire signal and amplifies it to a 12 volt signal to connect to the amp remote wire port. It has 4 wires. One goes to the positive terminal of the battery, the second goes to the negative of the battery. The third gets tapped in to a positive speaker wire (I used the sub) and the fourth gets run to the remote port of the amp. When it senses a small current in the speaker wire it triggers a switch some how which releases 12 volt power to the amp. It only cost like $10-$15 shipped. Its easy to install and its smaller then a pack of cigerettes so its fairly easy to hide.... Just FYI though, It does take 2-5min for the amp to turn off though after power is cut from the speakers. Even when I just open my trunk it turns on but if i leave the trunk open for 2-5min i'll see it eventually turn off. No dead batteries, just bass now and piece of mind that it works.
    More details please. There's this one that's pretty cheap. There are some pretty decent reviews about it here. Thanks for the tip; this is a product that I didn't know existed.

10s1m0n01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2008 AWD 3.6 DI with Nav

Thank you Ibiza1010 for this great tutorial. I have a question, since the amp remote use 12v, would it be ok to use the tail light wire to trigger the remote on the amp guessing it would be 12v too? Looking at the amplifier location, i would suspect that the tail light wire would be somewhere around?

Arpeggi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4

I'm trying to follow this great tutorial to install subs into my 2008 CTS4 but I've encountered a problem. My amp is different than the one posted on the tutorial. Can anyone help me on which wires I need to splice/cut? Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/s347bsb5j/

Esso the Clown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts 2008, Cts 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpeggi
    I'm trying to follow this great tutorial to install subs into my 2008 CTS4 but I've encountered a problem. My amp is different than the one posted on the tutorial. Can anyone help me on which wires I need to splice/cut? Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/s347bsb5j/
    Hi, its The green wire on the 3 connector

Arpeggi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4

Quote Originally Posted by Esso the Clown View Post
    Hi, its The green wire on the 3 connector
    The connector that is closest to the rear of the vehicle or front?

Also there needs to be 6 wire cut/spliced. Do you know which other ones need to be cut/spliced?

mark1234 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Will adding an aftermarket sub and amp void the warranty?

blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
    I've seen several people ask with no answer in this thread, is there any remote power wire without using the ReQ? Is there any way to do it at all?
    I wired my remote wire to the fuse bock in the front and am using the ign misc fuse. My amp only turns on when the car is past accessories, but the car doesnt need to be completely on. So, it does work without a re-q, but I cant tell a difference when my subs are on and when theyre off because I dont have something that increases bass level as speaker level goes up since stock turns the bass down as speakers go up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.