Navigation system install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system install in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; great site and excellent information. i currently have an 08 CTS without the navigation system, however, may consider installing it ...
    jondurkos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac cts

Navigation system install

great site and excellent information. i currently have an 08 CTS without the navigation system, however, may consider installing it later--possibly within the year. does anyone know if the 08 cts nav system can be installed on a cts purchased without it? thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddyeyes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 08

Re: Navigation system install

I like Onstar directions and connections better than a Nav.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

i wouldnt say its an impossible retro fit
    but i will say itll be VERY unlikely...

boneyomama is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yea i would love to know if i can install a navigation or a 40gig hard drive in my base model cts

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

Yes, its doable. You will need the popup screen, the drive, the console, and the antenna. There a couple of places on e-bay that have listed the parts for sale. Probably from salvaged 08 and 09 CTSs. They provide the unlock codes and VINs from the cars they came out of and some are unlocked before they ship. But it can be done.

deedward is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Any idea if the parts for adding nav to an '08 that came with Bose 6-cd would be plug and play? I'm wondering if the harnesses in my car would plug into the nav components from another '08 or '09.

Thanks in advance!

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

This is much more complicated. Before you start this adventure I would advise you to do a thorough research. It well may be that an after market GPS will be the most cost effective solution as retrofit will be costly and complicated.

PS. Anything is possible given the sufficient amount of $$$

deedward is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Thanks. I'm hoping someone can provide detailed information as to what all would be necessary. I can buy the screen, radio/nav/dvd unit and antenna but I don't know what it would take to get it all connected and working.

deedward--I'm looking for the same info. The required parts are known. What I don't know is..............if the required connectors are currently installed in the factory wiring harnesses for the 40gig audio system or other oem systems other than the NAV option. I'm think I might check with Gene Culley at GMPartshouse and see if he can find out through his sources.

PAO
    PAO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    deedward--I'm looking for the same info. The required parts are known. What I don't know is..............if the required connectors are currently installed in the factory wiring harnesses for the 40gig audio system or other oem systems other than the NAV option. I'm think I might check with Gene Culley at GMPartshouse and see if he can find out through his sources.

and remember, I beleive you will probably need a software update to the BCM/ECM to make it all work, which a dealer may not do since the VIN for the car will reflect a non-nav system OEM

you will also need a new center console for the USB ports....assuming the electical harnesses are all there......we have seen that the CTS computers are very case sensitive with any new electrical installations that arent OEM..

blackonblackNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

You will no doubt void your warranty...get an iphone and hope apple stops blocking TomTom from releasing their GPS application.

Wirestu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have an 08 CTS without factory navigation installed but with the 40 gig hard drive factory installed. I purchased an unlocked naviation radio from a salvaged 08 CTS, sent it back to Alpine service who blessed the unit. I went to have it installed but was told connectors were missing in the wiring harness. Is there a dealer or tech out there who could verify this? Also, if this is the case can anybody steer me in the right direction to get this radio installed?

Thanks in advance

Stu in NY

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

I think that I would sell mine and buy one of the same vintage and mileage with this stuff on it before I'd attempt to do that big of a mod. I cannot imagine what kind of warranty issues/confusion you'd potentially trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirestu View Post
    I have an 08 CTS without factory navigation installed but with the 40 gig hard drive factory installed. I purchased an unlocked naviation radio from a salvaged 08 CTS, sent it back to Alpine service who blessed the unit. I went to have it installed but was told connectors were missing in the wiring harness. Is there a dealer or tech out there who could verify this? Also, if this is the case can anybody steer me in the right direction to get this radio installed?

Thanks in advance

Stu in NY
    Stu--Sent you a PM.

sfrase is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Blue Diamond CTS

Guys,
    My original dealer (Frederick Caddy in Lebanon, PA) quoted me $5,000 to install the DVD nav w/10 speaker Bose.

Related, the service dept of my local dealer (Towne Caddy in Jersey) stated that it was not possible to upgrade the Bose 8 to Bose 10 w/HDD but no nav due to wiring harness issues. I would think it is probably the same deal going from Bose 10 w/HDD no DVD nav to DVD nav.

scott

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.