Wood Steering starting 10/8 from factory again - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Wood Steering starting 10/8 from factory again in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by pfflyer Pucks, I'll check on my order tomorrow. We had the same build date. I can confirm ...
    Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Re: Wood Steering starting 10/8 from factory again

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
    Pucks, I'll check on my order tomorrow. We had the same build date. I can confirm that I saw 10/1 on the screen and on a print out. Again, I ordered 2 weeks before you did so maybe this will give an indication to how accurate our information is. When I ordered, they told me to figure about 8 weeks. I last checked 2 weeks ago and the order info read as "projected build date 10/1". The manager also said that they should have a VIN within 2 weeks of that date and they could call and request "rush" shipping. I'll let you know. I wouldn't be discouraged...from past experience 6-8 weeks is normal. I read that they are building at desired capacity and still have room to increase that without adding a shift. So I would wonder if a 2 day strike would have any affect on build dates. I'll post late tomorrow if I find anything changes.
    pfflyer - did you have the B20 wood ordered too? Or no? What options/colors? Just trying to narrow down why I might be delayed. Could be the wood or some other item on contraint we don't know about. Seems like there is alot in flux with this car still.

Thanks for the help.

pfflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
    pfflyer - did you have the B20 wood ordered too? Or no? What options/colors? Just trying to narrow down why I might be delayed. Could be the wood or some other item on contraint we don't know about. Seems like there is alot in flux with this car still.

Thanks for the help.
    Pucks...here is what I ordered... 1SB with PDR, Y40, P63, B19, B20, P63, ZAA, U2S, ordered on 8/14. Light Platinum with Light Titanium. At the recommendation of someone here (don't remember which thread), I called after a couple of weeks just to verify that I would take it without the B20. I have a feeling that mine was held up because of the B20 situation at the time. When I went to the dealer 2 weeks ago, the manager showed me the event status listing on the screen. The only two listings were separate line items of 3100, then "projected build date of 10/1". He printed out an order summary that I tried to read as the salesman was talking to him and saw that all my options were on the list except the B20. What is odd is I didn't see the B19 either which leads me to believe that they may have done a change order to remove the B20 and removed both because I said "i'll take it without the wood". The guys at my dealer seem to know their stuff when it comes to getting vehicles as I have been dealing with them for several years now. I do find it hard to believe that they wouldn't tell me about the wood situation because they have gotten in a few cars without it already. There are two large Caddy/Chev dealers near me and neither has gotten more than 2 or 3 cars total as of 2 weeks ago. I don't understand this "luck of the draw" situation that seems to be occuring. I have tried to rationalize color, options, sunroof/no sunroof type scenarios for why it wouldn't be built and shipped as quickly as others and none of them makes sense in the scheme of how things are manufactured. I have said this before so sorry for the repeat, but in some cases, you could get a call Monday that your car is in regardless of what the event status says on the GM web. I have ordered cars that never go past 3100 status and showed up 2 weeks later. The only other thing I can think of is this...One time I ordered a vehicle and GM was only building and shipping SOLD orders. If they couldn't validate or trust the order from the dealer it would stay in the order bank. I ordered in October and on Memorial Day Weekend, I found out the car wouldn't be built. The only problem with that scenario was that was in October 1979 and it was a Z28 at a time when Chevy was building a couple hundred thousand Camaros and couldn't meet demand. Although, now that I think about it I ended up with a WS6 Trans Am, with the 400 4 speed...but I digress.....I wonder if dealer status issues come into play here? After all that, I think that they did a change order on mine to remove the B20 and that the order would have been held until B20 was available if I didn't request that. Funny thing is...I am kind of getting used to having just 2 vehicles and wonder what is the sense of getting this in November because I'll garage it all winter. I drive alot for work and my Avalanche is the vehicle of choice in all bad weather.....

LFG
    LFG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08' CTS Gold Mist/Cashmere, PDQ, FE2, 18" Polished Wheels

I ordered on 9/5. I called the dealer 2 days ago and they said the car would be built this week. Well, I call Caddy and they check on my car and said it's build and in transit, they should get their act together. I ordered the B20 and not sure if it will be on the car as the dealer doesn't have the invoice yet. I told him if it's not on the car, I don't want it. He said they could order another when it's available or talk to Caddy and see if he can get the wheel and exchange. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by LFG View Post
    I ordered on 9/5. I called the dealer 2 days ago and they said the car would be built this week. Well, I call Caddy and they check on my car and said it's build and in transit, they should get their act together. I ordered the B20 and not sure if it will be on the car as the dealer doesn't have the invoice yet. I told him if it's not on the car, I don't want it. He said they could order another when it's available or talk to Caddy and see if he can get the wheel and exchange. I'll keep you posted.
    Thats what I am referring to when I say that the event status code may be lagging behind what is actually happening. Although most likely not the case, but probable, is that my car ordered 8/14, and Pucks car ordered 8/30, could be built, waiting, or in transit. I think these orders vary due to dealer issues, whether it be competence or follow up. Get this guys if you want to talk about frustration....my dealer wanted my car early because they had not one new or used CTS. They sold my 06 CTS, paid off my loan and I have been without my Cad since 8/16. If it wasn't for the fact that I have 2 other cars, one less payment, and got an insurance refund, I would be a little pissed. That new G8 is starting to look pretty good as a back up plan.......

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

If your not looking for awd I think the pontiac G8 with the V8 and 19 inch rims is a hell of a car for thousands less...

I'm sure the cadillac will be more luxurious and I've chosen the cadillac over the pontiac but the Pontiac g8 would be an excellent choice as well. (great car/360 hp/390 lbft of torque on regular gas)

As far as the leather steering wheel vs the wood? if you do get the leather wheel and want the wood? I'd imagine its a half an hour swap...

I wouldn't let that option missing keep you from getting the car.

JMO and I'm assuming two weeks or so for delievery.

Should be fun when it rolls in for delivery

Keep the faith. The CTS is one hell of a car..

LFG

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    As far as the leather steering wheel vs the wood? if you do get the leather wheel and want the wood? I'd imagine its a half an hour swap...

I wouldn't let that option missing keep you from getting the car.
    JB,
    That will be up to the wife, it's her car, she just let's me drive it now & then.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Good. I plan to order one in January.

Hey Pucks...I just got back from my dealer and my car is at 3800 status (vehicle produced) and is expected to arrive by 10/15. I read through the completed order and it was produced without B20, but did have B19. I would check your status at the dealer in person and ask to see the print out of your order. I would say that since your order date is 2 weeks after mine, you should be on the same schedule.

Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
    Hey Pucks...I just got back from my dealer and my car is at 3800 status (vehicle produced) and is expected to arrive by 10/15. I read through the completed order and it was produced without B20, but did have B19. I would check your status at the dealer in person and ask to see the print out of your order. I would say that since your order date is 2 weeks after mine, you should be on the same schedule.
    Great news, congrats. Yeah, so the best I'm looking at would be a late October delivery if I get built week of 10/15. I'll check Monday with my dealer to see what the story is.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

UPDATE: B20 wood trim still not available

Gen. Mgr. of my local Cadillac dealership received an update regarding B20 wood trim on steering wheel and shift knob, and my salesman just read it to me over the phone. From GM Cadillac Div, dated today October 8, 2007, it essentially says that B20 wood trim remains unavailable until further notice. CTS and other effected models ordered with B20 will be built without it, and appropriate price adjustments will be made.

crystalred is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

LFG I will look for your posted update on an exchange process. I asked my salesman to check with Cadillac about an exchange. No response from Cadillac yet. But even if an exchange is possible, would Cadillac act quickly to make those requesting this happy campers?

LFG

Quote Originally Posted by crystalred View Post
    LFG I will look for your posted update on an exchange process. I asked my salesman to check with Cadillac about an exchange. No response from Cadillac yet. But even if an exchange is possible, would Cadillac act quickly to make those requesting this happy campers?
    Dealer told me yesterday we will have to order a new car to get it. They were going to check today to see if it's really available. By the post that 928S put up, it look's like it's still not available. Let us know how you make out. My car is not in yet, but they have the invoice.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Crap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.