08 CTS trailer hitches -- is there a "factory" option?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 08 CTS trailer hitches -- is there a "factory" option? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am not looking to tow a boat. I am an avid cyclist and have always wanted, but never had ...
    radinr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

08 CTS trailer hitches -- is there a "factory" option?

I am not looking to tow a boat.

I am an avid cyclist and have always wanted, but never had a proper trailer hitch mounted bike rack. Currently, it's the furniture blanket in the back seat of my Infiniti G35 when I need to transport my bike.

Since I am waiting for manual tranny 08 CTS (late Oct, early Nov I hear), I have time to research this area of interest.

Any best practices, best products for a trailer hitch on a Caddy CTS?

BMW and Audi have kits that can be bought out of the UK, wondering if I will have the same luck with this car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

Re: 08 CTS trailer hitches -- is there a "factory" option?

I need one for the same thing. I'd rather not use my trunk-mount rack on my new CTS. I've checked the normal places: Draw-tite, U-haul, etc. No one has one for the 2008 yet. It will probably take a few months for the aftermarket to have one. Cadillac doesn't show one in their accessory catalog yet either. The 2007 CTS tow hitch sold for about $125.00, uninstalled.

radinr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

As someone who is not trailer hitch savvy, are hitches typically produced by GM, or do 3rd parties make them to match up to points on the frame?

Also, maybe it's just visual, but the rear bumper seems "fat and low", not sure if the actual hitch can get out far enough and not be a total eyesore.

If they want to sell this car in EMEA, the hitch would be useful.

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

The ones I've seen are 3rd party units. And your right about the back being low. The lower valence panel would have to be cut in the center to make room for the receiver. Not sure I'd want to do that unless the opening can be dressed up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.