Summer Tires - Sport Performance Package
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Summer Tires - Sport Performance Package in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've yet to see one 2008 CTS come into any of our local dealers inventory that includes the Optional Sport ...
    pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Summer Tires - Sport Performance Package

I've yet to see one 2008 CTS come into any of our local dealers inventory that includes the Optional Sport Performance Package.

My understanding is that this package includes 18" mirror polished aluminum wheels, summer performance tires, FE3 sport suspension which has the front Bilstein shocks, transmission cooler, performance brakes which include 13.60" brake rotors, etc.

Are other Forum members finding this optional equipment package on any 2008 CTS's on dealer lots in their area?

For those that are factory ordering as I assume most are; are most of you electing this option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nextone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 3.6DI, RWD

Re: Summer Tires - Sport Performance Package

I test drove one with this package, but ordered one with the all season performance tires and polished wheels. I have to drive when it ocassionally snows.

Here's what the order guide says:

• Mechanical section-(J55) Brakes, performance 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, changed footnote #2 to read "Included and
    only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is
    ordered (additional charge for [J55] performance brakes will apply), or with (Y43) 18" Summer Tire Performance Package
    when (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission RWD is ordered (no additional charge for [J55] performance brakes will apply
    with [Y43] 18" Summer Tire Performance Package.)".

So you can only get the performance breaks with the automatic RWD summer Tire package (included at no extra cost), or by ordering the summer tire package on the automatic AWD (but at extra cost). Not an option if you go with the FE2 all season perfomance tires.

I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly.

I want the Summer Performance Package Option (18" aluminum wheels and UHP summer tires), but not so much for the summer tires per se; but because it includes the FE3 Bilstein front shocks and larger 13.6" brake rotors and the transmission cooler.

It is my understanding that the "all season" 18" tire and wheel package does not include these highlighted items.

I plan on ordering/purchasing an 08 with all of the factory options and the six speed automatic transmission.

The only options I am not interested in is the engine block heater and the AWD option.

With that being said; will I be able to order my vehicle as I want it equipped.

The extra items included in the Summer Sports Performance Package are important to my buying decision.

Finally, if I was to decide to add AWD; would I still be able to equip my vehicle with the options that I want?

I appreciate any input or help.

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by pietroraimondi View Post
    I've yet to see one 2008 CTS come into any of our local dealers inventory that includes the Optional Sport Performance Package.

My understanding is that this package includes 18" mirror polished aluminum wheels, summer performance tires, FE3 sport suspension which has the front Bilstein shocks, transmission cooler, performance brakes which include 13.60" brake rotors, etc.

Are other Forum members finding this optional equipment package on any 2008 CTS's on dealer lots in their area?

For those that are factory ordering as I assume most are; are most of you electing this option?
    I have not seen a single CTS with the FE3 package for sale at the dealerships. At least according to the dealer inventory lists for the Pacific Northwest.

I am 100% sure I am ordering this option.

Tony

Nextone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS, 3.6DI, RWD

As I understand the order guide, yes you can get all of this if you take the summer tires. The summer tires killed this option for me. Also, note that the summer tires will cost about $100/set more when it comes time to replace, and I also believe they have less tread wear life and increased tire noise--the price you pay for sticky rubber for increased performance. These are the prices I pay to maintain my C6.

Here's the window sticker for an inventory vehicle I found in Cary, NC. The loaded RWD I ordered topped out at $47,040 with all season performance tires.

CTS V6 DI PERFORMANCE SEDAN
    ENGINE,3.6L V6 DIRECT INJECTION
    TRANSMISSION, 6-SPD AUTOMATIC
    Crystal Red Premium Paint
    Cashmere
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $46,980.00
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $34,545.00
    Options installed by Manufacturer
    PREMIUM LUXURY COLLECTION:
    AM/FM STEREO, CD/DVD PLAYER,
    MP3 FORMAT, BOSE 5.1 CABIN
    SURROUND SOUND 10 SPEAKER
    SYSTEM, 40GB HARD DRIVE
    DEVICE, NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    WITH XM NAV TRAFFIC - SERVICE
    FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
    (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO)
    ULTRAVIEW SUNROOF
    SAPELE WOOD TRIM ON CENTER
    CONSOLE, INSTRUMENT PANEL AND
    DOOR TRIM
    * LUXURY LEVEL ONE PACKAGE:
    *17" MACHINED FINISH
    ALUMINUM WHEELS
    *THEFT DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
    *RAINSENSE WINDSHIELD WIPERS
    *INTERIOR ACCENT LIGHTING
    * LUXURY LEVEL TWO PACKAGE:
    *HEATED AND COOLED SEATS,
    DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER
    *SEATS, REAR SPLIT FOLDING
    *POWER TILT/TELESCOPE
    STEERING WHEEL
    *UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
    *KEYLESS ACCESS
    *REAR PARK ASSIST
    * SEATING PACKAGE:
    *SEATS, LEATHER SURFACES
    *PWR SEAT ADJUST-FRONT
    PASSENGER & PWR LUMBAR-FRONT
    PASSENGER/DRIVER, 10 WAY
    *MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER
    *HEATED WINDSHIELD
    WASHER FLUID
    UNIT PRODUCED WITHOUT:
    SAPELE WOOD TRIM ON STEERING
    WHEEL AND SHIFT KNOB
    $ 8,015.00
    TIRE, COMPACT SPARE
    (REPLACES TIRE INFLATOR KIT)
    $ 250.00
    18" SUMMER TIRE PERFORMANCE
    PACKAGE:
    HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY
    DISCHARGE
    HEADLAMP WASHER
    18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
    (REPLACES STD/OPT WHEELS)
    P235/50ZR18 SUMMER ONLY TIRES
    DIFFERENTIAL, LIMITED SLIP
    SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEM
    PERFORMANCE COOLING SYSTEM
    ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, 4
    WHEEL PERFORMANCE DISC BRAKES
    FOG LAMPS
    $ 2,430.00
    CRYSTAL RED PREMIUM PAINT
    $ 995.00
    CTS STANDARD PACKAGE
    NO CHARGE
    TOTAL OPTIONS $11,690.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $46,235.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $745.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $46,980.00
    CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
    NET PRICE $46,980.00

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

The following is taken from a post by louiefl99 (see this post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1209194):

FE1. Available with RWD or AWD, and PFI engine only. Bilstein shocks; 24mm front, 18mm rear stabilizer bars (33mm front and 19mm rear on AWD); open diff(s); 17.4:1 steering ratio. 8.0 x 17-inch alloy wheels with 235/55R17 Michelin MXV4 all-season tires standard.

FE2. Available with RWD or AWD, and PFI or DI engine. Same spring rate as FE1, but stiffer-rate Bilstein shocks. 29mm front, 20mm rear stabilizer bars; faster16.1:1 steering ratio; limited slip diff(s). Larger, wider 8.5 x 18-inch alloy wheels with 235/50R18 Michelin MXV4 all-season tires. RWD gets FE1 brake package (12.4-in front rotors with aluminum calipers); AWD gets larger diameter FE3 brakes.

FE3. RWD and DI engine only. Same steering, springs and bars as FE2, but uprated shocks (Bilstein front and Sachs Nivomat load leveling at the rear). Wheels are same as FE2, but standard tire is 235/50R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 2, and standard brake package includes 13.6-in front rotors with cast iron calipers.
    The order guide also says that RPO V03 (Performance Cooling System) for the non DI version is "Included and only available with (Y42) 18" (45.7 cm) All-Season Tire Performance Package (MX0/MX7) transmissions." For the DI version, "Included and only available with (Y42) 18" (45.7 cm) All-Season Tire Performance Package (MX0/MX7) transmissions or (Y43) 18" (45.7 cm) Summer Tire Performance Package (MX0) transmission."

forumsid987 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Can anyone find a picture of these wheels pleaseeee

avatards is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Nextone View Post
    Here's what the order guide says:

• Mechanical section-(J55) Brakes, performance 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, changed footnote #2 to read "Included and
    only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is
    ordered (additional charge for [J55] performance brakes will apply), or with (Y43) 18" Summer Tire Performance Package
    when (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission RWD is ordered (no additional charge for [J55] performance brakes will apply
    with [Y43] 18" Summer Tire Performance Package.)".

So you can only get the performance breaks with the automatic RWD summer Tire package (included at no extra cost), or by ordering the summer tire package on the automatic AWD (but at extra cost). Not an option if you go with the FE2 all season perfomance tires.

No exactly so, because you're citing one of distribution updates rather than the order guide. Performance brakes are available for AWD+Y42(All-season performance) at an extra charge OR RWD+DI+Y43(Summer performance) at NO extra charge.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wheels are the same as all-season. See the Car and Driver article in which they tested a model with the summer performance pkg.

The tire tread from ultra high summer performance rubber can always later be changed to all season rubber for winter driving.

But what appeals to me about this particular package is the following:

Upgraded front Bilstein struts.
    Transmission Oil Cooler
    13.6" brake rotors.

silver bullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux/Sport

Penske Cadillac in Torrance Ca, had several with the performance tire and brake pkg. I saw them myself the brakes are huge, like the V size disc's.

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Here are a couple pictures one of the standard brakes, the other of the performance. Looking at them side by side makes the standard rotor look small - lots of air.
    Attached Images

Tony407 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by louiefl99 View Post
    Here are a couple pictures one of the standard brakes, the other of the performance. Looking at them side by side makes the standard rotor look small - lots of air.
    Nice!!! Thanks for the great pics!!!

Tony

forumsid987 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

those pictures are of 18" rims? I don't think they look good at all.

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

18" high-polished rims (P63):

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.