I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Pucks Any idea why it was delayed again? Pucks, I was advised that my car was delayed ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

Quote Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
    Any idea why it was delayed again?
    Pucks, I was advised that my car was delayed this time because of a problem with the supply of some component(s) required for the AWD option. I ordered AWD. The assembly of cars ordered with AWD went on hold last week because of this latest component supply issue. My car was supposed to have been built last week. At this point I have no idea when my car will be built. This has all been too long. I'm close to bailing out.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I feel your pain, but you have to realize that you are ordering an entirely new car, therefore there are bound to be some delays or component supply issues. It's not like a 3 year old model that's suddenly being delayed for some mysterious reason.

Houses being built fall a little behind schedule all the time due to material shortages and construction delays- you wouldn't bail out and just buy an existing home in that situation, and I don't see the logic in doing so here either. What's a few more weeks to wait for the best car Cadillac has ever built?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

Just an observation on Bluetooth: Regardless of whether or not the '08 CTS has Bluetooth capabilty, when it does I hope that it works better than my friends '07 Camary with this feature: Using her Bluetooth connection on her cell phone makes her calls sound as though they are coming from Mars... very muffled and distorted; much poorer quality than when she calls directly on her cell phone.

bmcleod is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD

I'm with CaddyProxy on this, no excuse not to have Bluetooth at this point. You don't even have to compare luxury cars, my wife's 2004 Prius has it, and as for compatibility my Blackberry and her Razor both work fine with no effort (not to say newer models might have trouble). But if it's coming then it's a moot point as long as OnStar doesn't cripple you from using your own phone and service.

Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I feel your pain, but you have to realize that you are ordering an entirely new car, therefore there are bound to be some delays or component supply issues. It's not like a 3 year old model that's suddenly being delayed for some mysterious reason.

Houses being built fall a little behind schedule all the time due to material shortages and construction delays- you wouldn't bail out and just buy an existing home in that situation, and I don't see the logic in doing so here either. What's a few more weeks to wait for the best car Cadillac has ever built?
    Any truth to the info RAB posted above about AWD delays? I ordered an AWD on 8/30 and am at status code 3000 as of the past Monday. Will I be sitting there for weeks to come as the AWD bug is cleared up? My dealer has not informed me of any delay.

Thanks.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 05CTS View Post
    Seems like someone always has something to bitch about. What in the hell did you guys do before ipods, bluetooth and steering wheel controls. Did you actually move your arm 1 foot from the wheel to the radio or did you have someone do it for you? What about cd's, do you actually pick which one you want to listen too and put it in? Not choosing a car b/c it doesn't have BT is rediculous. Have you ever rolled up your own window before?
    I don't understand what you mean by "rolling up window."

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

The delay on the AWD production was only for a few days. They will be building them again the week of the 17th.

Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    The delay on the AWD production was only for a few days. They will be building them again the week of the 17th.
    Okay, I hope you are right. I assume you must have a source to make a definitive statement like that.

Thanks for the post.

Wheelman322 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1980 FWB Coupe D'el, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Just an observation on Bluetooth: Regardless of whether or not the '08 CTS has Bluetooth capabilty, when it does I hope that it works better than my friends '07 Camary with this feature: Using her Bluetooth connection on her cell phone makes her calls sound as though they are coming from Mars... very muffled and distorted; much poorer quality than when she calls directly on her cell phone.
    I'm not sure of the issue in the Camry but the system in my M45 (Infiniti) is perfect. I'm not much of a phone person and firmly believe that drivers should be focused on driving not cell phone conversation, but....Bluetooth defineatly makes the task less distracting as now I have both hands free to put on a blinker, downshift, turn the steering wheel, etc....
    All that aside...I'm very impressed with the new CTS. May even put one in my garage for my wifes next ride.

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

Cadillac Tony,

Thanks for the heads-up on using voice recognition to enter address while car is moving. I tried it on my way home from work today. It's really great! I found you can enter city as well as street using voice commands. After entering street, it asked me for the street number. Just press the button and say street number. Worked great! Thanks again.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No problem. For any other Nav owners who want to try this, be sure each time it asks you for information, press and hold the "talk" button on the steering wheel until you hear the beep, then provide it with the info it's asking for. If it lists several cities or streets on the screen, try saying the number next to your choice instead of the actual name. Example:

If you say "Winter Park" for the city, the Nav may display this:

1- Winter Garden
    2- Winter Park

Press and hold the talk button, then after the beep say, "Two".

Have fun!
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.