I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But... - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 41 of 41
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Pucks Any idea why it was delayed again? Pucks, I was advised that my car was delayed ...
  1. #31
    RAB's Avatar
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
    Any idea why it was delayed again?
    Pucks, I was advised that my car was delayed this time because of a problem with the supply of some component(s) required for the AWD option. I ordered AWD. The assembly of cars ordered with AWD went on hold last week because of this latest component supply issue. My car was supposed to have been built last week. At this point I have no idea when my car will be built. This has all been too long. I'm close to bailing out.

  2. #32
    Cadillac Tony's Avatar
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Leesburg, Florida
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    I feel your pain, but you have to realize that you are ordering an entirely new car, therefore there are bound to be some delays or component supply issues. It's not like a 3 year old model that's suddenly being delayed for some mysterious reason.

    Houses being built fall a little behind schedule all the time due to material shortages and construction delays- you wouldn't bail out and just buy an existing home in that situation, and I don't see the logic in doing so here either. What's a few more weeks to wait for the best car Cadillac has ever built?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

    www.cadillactony.com



    The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

  3. #33
    DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Des Moines
    Age
    73
    Posts
    348

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Just an observation on Bluetooth: Regardless of whether or not the '08 CTS has Bluetooth capabilty, when it does I hope that it works better than my friends '07 Camary with this feature: Using her Bluetooth connection on her cell phone makes her calls sound as though they are coming from Mars... very muffled and distorted; much poorer quality than when she calls directly on her cell phone.

  4. #34
    bmcleod's Avatar
    bmcleod is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    132

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    I'm with CaddyProxy on this, no excuse not to have Bluetooth at this point. You don't even have to compare luxury cars, my wife's 2004 Prius has it, and as for compatibility my Blackberry and her Razor both work fine with no effort (not to say newer models might have trouble). But if it's coming then it's a moot point as long as OnStar doesn't cripple you from using your own phone and service.

  5. #35
    Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    312

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I feel your pain, but you have to realize that you are ordering an entirely new car, therefore there are bound to be some delays or component supply issues. It's not like a 3 year old model that's suddenly being delayed for some mysterious reason.

    Houses being built fall a little behind schedule all the time due to material shortages and construction delays- you wouldn't bail out and just buy an existing home in that situation, and I don't see the logic in doing so here either. What's a few more weeks to wait for the best car Cadillac has ever built?
    Any truth to the info RAB posted above about AWD delays? I ordered an AWD on 8/30 and am at status code 3000 as of the past Monday. Will I be sitting there for weeks to come as the AWD bug is cleared up? My dealer has not informed me of any delay.

    Thanks.

  6. #36
    z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    4,771

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Quote Originally Posted by 05CTS View Post
    Seems like someone always has something to bitch about. What in the hell did you guys do before ipods, bluetooth and steering wheel controls. Did you actually move your arm 1 foot from the wheel to the radio or did you have someone do it for you? What about cd's, do you actually pick which one you want to listen too and put it in? Not choosing a car b/c it doesn't have BT is rediculous. Have you ever rolled up your own window before?
    I don't understand what you mean by "rolling up window."

  7. #37
    gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    O'Fallon, Missouri
    Posts
    374

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    The delay on the AWD production was only for a few days. They will be building them again the week of the 17th.

  8. #38
    Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    312

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    The delay on the AWD production was only for a few days. They will be building them again the week of the 17th.
    Okay, I hope you are right. I assume you must have a source to make a definitive statement like that.

    Thanks for the post.

  9. #39
    Wheelman322's Avatar
    Wheelman322 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1980 FWB Coupe D'el, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    724

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Just an observation on Bluetooth: Regardless of whether or not the '08 CTS has Bluetooth capabilty, when it does I hope that it works better than my friends '07 Camary with this feature: Using her Bluetooth connection on her cell phone makes her calls sound as though they are coming from Mars... very muffled and distorted; much poorer quality than when she calls directly on her cell phone.
    I'm not sure of the issue in the Camry but the system in my M45 (Infiniti) is perfect. I'm not much of a phone person and firmly believe that drivers should be focused on driving not cell phone conversation, but....Bluetooth defineatly makes the task less distracting as now I have both hands free to put on a blinker, downshift, turn the steering wheel, etc....
    All that aside...I'm very impressed with the new CTS. May even put one in my garage for my wifes next ride.

  10. #40
    gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    O'Fallon, Missouri
    Posts
    374

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    Cadillac Tony,

    Thanks for the heads-up on using voice recognition to enter address while car is moving. I tried it on my way home from work today. It's really great! I found you can enter city as well as street using voice commands. After entering street, it asked me for the street number. Just press the button and say street number. Worked great! Thanks again.

  11. #41
    Cadillac Tony's Avatar
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Leesburg, Florida
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: I Certainly Like The 2008 CTS...But...

    No problem. For any other Nav owners who want to try this, be sure each time it asks you for information, press and hold the "talk" button on the steering wheel until you hear the beep, then provide it with the info it's asking for. If it lists several cities or streets on the screen, try saying the number next to your choice instead of the actual name. Example:

    If you say "Winter Park" for the city, the Nav may display this:

    1- Winter Garden
    2- Winter Park


    Press and hold the talk button, then after the beep say, "Two".

    Have fun!
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

    www.cadillactony.com



    The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting