cts future vehicle forecast - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, cts future vehicle forecast in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; now this is what Im talking about........ 2 door STS .... that looks hot...
    loanofficer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven

Re: cts future vehicle forecast

now this is what Im talking about........ 2 door STS .... that looks hot

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by loanofficer View Post
    now this is what Im talking about........ 2 door STS .... that looks hot
    The rear trunk deck with its large chrome strip in far more reminiscent of the 2 door Eldorado than the current STS in my opinion.

I would love to see someone photoshop the new 2008 CTS in a two door coupe version in both the red metallic and jet black.

Let's see a side view and 3/4 rear view as well.....any takers with photoshop skills?

ps: loanofficer....I'm with you though. The Eldorado is was "all class". Cadillac really needs a two door CTS coupe and possibly the same platform with a retractable hard top convertible!

avatards is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

The diesel will a 3.2 turbo unit developed with Italian company VM Motori.

It's interesting when they are going to offer the coupe. I might skip the sedan and wait for the coupe provided it looks good, has Magnaride with AWD and priced just moderately above the CTS, and still below the 3-er and A5.

I guess this way of thinking ("skip the sedan") may be what will hold GM from bringing in the coupe for a little longer that we desire

ncCADDYman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS (hopefully soon)

loanofficer, nice photo-chop

hal72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

thanks for the diesel info, a 3,2 sounds nice. I am in europe so this is just perfect for me. cheaper and easier resale. and with the stabilitrac also it is just perfect.

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

Here's a picture I found of a photochopped, red CTS coupe.

http://stingraysstudio.com/images/x08cact006cq7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    Here's a picture I found of a photochopped, red CTS coupe.

http://stingraysstudio.com/images/x08cact006cq7.jpg
    NOW thats HOT!!!! nice combo with the rims 2

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

NOW thats HOT!!!! nice combo with the rims 2
    What is especially nice in that photo-chop is that it is a pillarless, hardtop coupe! Wow! If only they produce such a model . . .

if they produced that model I would buy it ASAP

ncCADDYman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS (hopefully soon)

Wooooow

rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

^ WOW really????? thats gonna be a one big vehicle lol I hope they dont make it as big as the DTS.. I like the STS size...... I do wish the eldo came back... I had a 97 and loved it.. I love my CTS but if they came back with the eldorado and made it looks like a 2 door STS .. with 18 inch rims maybe 19 and ground effects of a V that would look sweeeeeet
    yeah its going to be called the XTS and will be a small version of the cadillac sixteen.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...placement.html

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Well I believe that the Cadillac CTS is firmly entrenched in Cadillac's portfolio.

The new 2008 Zeta platform is significantly different than the 03-07 CTS. The new 2008 CTS rides on a platform that gives the CTS a wider track that is borrowed from the STS platform while maintaining the same wheel base.

The introduction of AWD that is also borrowed from the STS now allows the CTS to compete on equal ground with the same AWD offerings from BMW, Mercedes and Audi.

I think what we have to look forward to with the CTS are a couple of things. One would certainly be a 2 door coupe as well as a 2 door coupe with a retractable hardtop. The retractable hardtop convertible option would allow seating for 5 as well as open air motoring.

I think it is very safe to say that the CTS in its various upcoming alternative platform offerings; RWD, AWD, Sedan, Coupe and Convertible will "butter Cadillac's bread" for quite some time.

As with the CTS and its various platform offerings, the Escalade will continue to be the dominant luxury SUV vehicle in its class for some time.

The SRX luxury crossover fills the gap nicely between the CTS and Escalade for those that need more interior cabin room, but not something as large as and Escalade. The SRX continues to be the industry's luxury cross over vehicle class leader year after year since its first year of inception.

So to summarize; I think the CTS, SRX and Escalade fill the Cadillac portfolio very well.

The only red-haired step child seems to be what direction the STS and DTS will take.

The Cadillac DTS offers the traditional Cadillac "full size" four door sedan that is desperately needed in the portfolio, but IMO....the car is very bland and lacks any sense on interior or exterior style that is consistent with the art & science design theme.

The STS on the other hand reflects Cadillac's art & science design theme, but lacks the full size sedan space of the DTS. And given its close proximity it size to the new CTS....I see its days being somewhat numbered.

What would make sense is to take all of the art & science design elements of the current Cadillac STS in both the exterior sheet metal design and interior cabin elements and build that on the larger DTS chassis platform.

What is accomplished there is providing a full sized traditional Cadillac four door sedan with all of the art & science design elements and cues that better reflect's the new brand image of Cadillac.

Just my two cents!

pfflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX Premium

The 08 CTS is still on the Sigma platform in the width of the STS, but the wheelbase of the outgoing CTS. The Zeta platform will be used for the DTS/STS replacement with early reports saying that the CTS will move to Zeta for the next redo. The Zeta cars are flexible in terms of wheelbase, width, and front/rear clip lengths to produce cars from the Camaro to the long framed Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.