Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I ordered a fully loaded Crystal Red CTS a couple of weeks ago but I am having a hard time ...
    bbergman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives?

I ordered a fully loaded Crystal Red CTS a couple of weeks ago but I am having a hard time waiting for delivery which my dealer says should be the last week of September. Any tips on how to pass the time and keep my mind on something else until it arrives?

Ideas so far:

Count Caddie's that drive by my house.
    Read lots of cadillacforums posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives?

Where did you order from?

I suggest reading a few of the reviews on site.

Of course it'll make the wait that much harder but at least you'll be enjoying the read.

JB

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Drink yourself into a stupor for the next 3 weeks.

j/k

I ordered through my local dealer. I live in a very small town and they don't carry a lot of inventory out here. So they let me configure one from there allotment the way I wanted before they submitted the order.

But I just ordered every option possible. (i think)

MSRP......................................Invoice
    Base $34,545.00 ..........................$32,299.58
    Dest Chg $745.00..............................$745.00
    Total Opt $13,945.00 ..........................$11,574.35
    Total $49,235.00............................$45,496.41

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    Drink yourself into a stupor for the next 3 weeks.

j/k
    Definitely the winning idea so far

avatards is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hey in my country it won't be available for a couple of months or more, and I'm already finding myself going to these forums at least a couple times a day to keep the belief "it's almost here"! I'm impatient to see and drive this car...

Well, like JB said... Reading the forum "will make the wait that much harder, but at least you will be enjoying the read."

The more I read about the car the harder it is to wait. I am even to the point of taking the long way home from work to drive by the dealer on the chance that the car magically arrived 3 weeks early

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

I passed the time by finding as many online reviews of the CTS as I could (found 12 so far). Also looked for as many pictures of the car configured just like mine to make a screen saver out of. Have replaced it with actual pictures of my car (Crystal Red/Titanium).

LOL! I have the car as my screen saver too!!

How do you like the Crystal Red/Titanium?

I ordered Crystal Red/Cashmere and then struggled with whether to call the dealer back and switch to Titanium.

I have never been a Beige guy, but the Cashmere looked so good with the red in the catalog. Kinda rich, ya know? But now I am thinking I should have stuck with what I KNOW I like which is Titanium...

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The car will be stunning I'm sure. Am I missing something? Is everyone paying in the mid $40,000 range for a 6cyl Caddy? $45,000+ for a non V car? Am I wrong in thinking this is highway robbery? It is way more car than my '05 but Jesus $15,000 more? Uh no. I'd probably trip out on the new one too if I ever saw one in person but $45,000+ WTF?

silver bullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux/Sport

Quote Originally Posted by xshrpshtr View Post
    The car will be stunning I'm sure. Am I missing something? Is everyone paying in the mid $40,000 range for a 6cyl Caddy? $45,000+ for a non V car? Am I wrong in thinking this is highway robbery? It is way more car than my '05 but Jesus $15,000 more? Uh no. I'd probably trip out on the new one too if I ever saw one in person but $45,000+ WTF?
    People have been paying a lot more than that for 6cyl BMW's and Benz's for years. And for a lot less standard equipment.

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

6cyl BMW's and Benz's which have the factory backing the thing for performance. Can the stock CTS run with the comporable Germans? I don't know the answer, I'm asking. I know the Germans build thier cars to perform on the track. IMO GM has put all efforts into the V's and left the "stock" versions to shrivel on the vine performance wise. Maybe they did something other than DI to the cars? I don't actually know. I must ask. Can the new CTS handle and HP with the comparable cars in it's class? I'm only interested in the performance aspects. Looks and other's aside. because I KNOW the old CTS's are pathetically behind the curve. GM should be ashamed of themselves for thier lacking in this area.

You could order the base model and have a great car for the low $30's

I got it fully loaded basically for an extra $15k.

MSRP on mine was $49,235.00

...If you subtract:

$1740 - Y42 - All-season perf tire pack
    $8165 - PDQ - Premium Luxury Collection
    $995 - 89U - Crystal Red Tricoat paint
    $750 - P63 - 18" high polish wheels
    $1900 - MX7 - AWD transmission

You have a really nice 2008 CTS still well equiped for an MSRP of $35,685.00

..Haggle a little bit and you will probably pay $34k

Quote Originally Posted by xshrpshtr View Post
    6cyl BMW's and Benz's which have the factory backing the thing for performance. Can the stock CTS run with the comporable Germans? I don't know the answer, I'm asking. I know the Germans build thier cars to perform on the track. IMO GM has put all efforts into the V's and left the "stock" versions to shrivel on the vine performance wise. Maybe they did something other than DI to the cars? I don't actually know. I must ask. Can the new CTS handle and HP with the comparable cars in it's class? I'm only interested in the performance aspects. Looks and other's aside. because I KNOW the old CTS's are pathetically behind the curve. GM should be ashamed of themselves for thier lacking in this area.
    I haven't driven the car yet, but according to the review done in this months issue of Motor Trend (Crystal Red Pic on Cover )... Yes! Performance wise, the 2008 CTS can run with the comparable Germans... So when the V comes out next year it should SMOKE them...

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

People keep writing about $45,000 for a 6 cylinder luxury car. I went to the BMWUSA website today to see what a 535i goes for and it's performance, since it's the same size as the CTS. Base price, with the 300HP engine, leatherette interior and no options is $49,400 plus $775 shipping.

MSRP $49,400
    Options and accessories $0
    Destination charge $775
    Total price as built* $50,175

That's the same price as a fully loaded CTS with four wheel drive.

A base Mercedes E350 is $51,675. (mbusa.com)

A base Lexus GS350 is $44,150. (Lexus.com)

So a base CTS is $10,000 to $15,000 less than the competion. I think it a great deal!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.