Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; All this talking about MSRP is making me thirsty! Grey Goose Martini, down and dirty anyone!!...
    B Hoth is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS - Lux/Blue Chip

Re: Tips on how to pass time till my 2008 CTS arrives?

All this talking about MSRP is making me thirsty! Grey Goose Martini, down and dirty anyone!!

avatards is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by xshrpshtr View Post
    I KNOW the old CTS's are pathetically behind the curve
    What didn't you like about the outgoing CTS? I haven't driven the car but most reviews suggested it was quite good handling-wise. Compared against some mid-size cars including 530, S-Type, A6, E320 and some others, it was once called "the true sports car out of the pack" by R&T. Most other reviews highlight its handling too. So my understanding was that it was a great handler but just lacked overall refinement and solid credentials to command mid-size luxury pricing. My test driving of the new car will be quite limited due to poor test drive culture in my country, but the handling factor is very important to me, so I'm trying to get as many critical opinions as possible. Could you share your experience that calls for naming it "pathetic"?

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The power was really my only bother. I absolutely love the look of the car. Makes me weak in the knees. I LOVE driving it. The interior?...yes it needed help. Handling? Pretty good. I didn't get the sport pack. I bought recklessly and didn't investigate the car. I certainly would like to have had at least the sport package.

I would never buy a German car. I wish GM would've gone after the potential of the 3.6 vvt's abilities. I think a High perf option would've been nice to see...iether turboed or blown...

Ok, I see. Well, the new one gets 300 HP stock, which is not that bad at all. Not pathetic definitely. And they have revised the platform with the V in mind; the track is now wider. Though my concern still is how good it handles given its huge weight.

I don't think there are significant chances that GM will turbo the 3.6 because it will make creep into the V8 territory (in fact the DI already did that), and if GM decides to make a more powerful CTS when it is ready to market it against the 5-er and E-klasse, they would most likely prefer a V8 path rather than a turbo 3.6 path, because those cars have V8's and there are still a lot of V8 afficionados who don't buy into turbos, although in many cases a lag free low pressure turbine makes a much more nimble car than larger displacement, due to lots of torque coming on early, and less weight.

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I see the potential in the technology of the 3.6vvt far under used IMO. 300hp is certainly a move in the right direction. I like my angular lines to the new one. I like my car for different reasons than most though. I have to ask myself. If I trade her in, what would I get? A low mile V for high 30's? or $45,000 for a new one with 300 hp? I'm a racer. My choice is simple. Now with that said. Would I like the "new" v? Hmmm. Don't know. We're talking High 50's low 60's now. $30,000 difference. New lines/interior and a blower? or or a used V which is stupid fast already and spend my $30,000 I saved on 2 harleys or a boat? Any guesses which way I'm leaning?

With GM selling 3.6 like hot cakes in so many cars now, I guess the proper aftermarket turbo option will finally become a reality soon, good for 350-450 HP maybe

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by bbergman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    Drink yourself into a stupor for the next 3 weeks.

j/k
    Definitely the winning idea so far
    So, what do I win?

pfflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by bbergman View Post
    I ordered a fully loaded Crystal Red CTS a couple of weeks ago but I am having a hard time waiting for delivery which my dealer says should be the last week of September. Any tips on how to pass the time and keep my mind on something else until it arrives?

Ideas so far:

Count Caddie's that drive by my house.
    Read lots of cadillacforums posts
    I try not to think about Cadillacs so I concentrate on my Chevys. I am expecting mine about the first week of October and I am spending my time configuring an 08 Avalanche, and counting down the days until I can order an 09 Camaro SS. If I am not racing wiseass kids in my Vette, the rest of the time I am trying to figure out how to build another garage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.