Can anyone tell me if this cts went to 5000 status? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Can anyone tell me if this cts went to 5000 status? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde ... can you tell me how long between when you make a purchase and when the ...
    Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Re: Can anyone tell me if this cts went to 5000 status?

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    ... can you tell me how long between when you make a purchase and when the factory starts to build?
    There are several variables that can impact this timing.
    • First, your dealer must have an allocation.
    • Second, some options, colors, etc can be on constraint - meaning only a limited number are available (could be none). For example, B20 is currently not available and the outlook is so bad that they have decided to build ordered cars without that option.
    If everything is in alignment, it could take as little as 2-3 weeks from order entry to your production week. In my case, order was on or about 5/24, but they did not start building production 08s until July 16. Then my order was on hold with the B20 option issue until GM decided to build them without. My car was built on or before 8/4.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    There are several variables that can impact this timing.
    • First, your dealer must have an allocation.
    • Second, some options, colors, etc can be on constraint - meaning only a limited number are available (could be none). For example, B20 is currently not available and the outlook is so bad that they have decided to build ordered cars without that option.
    If everything is in alignment, it could take as little as 2-3 weeks from order entry to your production week. In my case, order was on or about 5/24, but they did not start building production 08s until July 16. Then my order was on hold with the B20 option issue until GM decided to build them without. My car was built on or before 8/4.

OK, so basically, Im safe in saying that since I ordered it about 2 weeks ago, it's wont be hear next week

Whats the B20 option?

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I believe B20 was the wood steering wheel. I believe there was some delays with that particular product.

GM decided to ship the cars out without the wood on the steering wheel for those that ordered it that way and I believe they got a 150 dollar credit or something like that..

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Ditto to everything Zymurgy said above.

Re the order for my '08 CTS, here is the chronology and outlook, as it stands today:
    - June 6th: Placed order for vehicle.
    - June 28th: Vehicle preferenced (event code 2500).
    - Week of July 23rd: Advice received that order was in delay mode due to a vague 'issue' with option B20 (wood accent trim for steering wheel & shift knob). Decided to wait & see for a while, hoping the problem with B20 would soon clear. Received zero additional info from GM in this matter.
    - Aug. 13th: Decided to delete option B20 on my order after learning via this forum (thanks gm_eng) that the problem with option B20 was going to linger until at least the end of September.
    - Aug. 20th: Learned today that my order has advanced and that the TPW (targeted production week) is August 27th (next week).
    - With any luck, my car will be delivered to the dealership by Sept. 18th. That timing would be okay, as I'll be arriving home on Sept. 20th after a 3 1/2 week biz trip to N. Africa.
    - Sept. 21st: Hope to be saying "Goodbye '02 Olds Aurora 4.0", and "Hello '08 CTS DI AWD".

By that time I should long be enjoying posted photos of '08 CTS vehicles delivered to forum members such as Zymurgy and gm-eng.

Cheers
    Rab.
    Attached Images

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Rumor on street is that it will be in 3000 status around first of month.

??

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    OK, so basically, Im safe in saying that since I ordered it about 2 weeks ago, it's wont be hear next week

Whats the B20 option?
    That would be a pretty safe bet. About the only way it could happen that fast would be if the dealer already had the identical car on order as a non-sold order.

B20 is the genuine Sapele Wood Trim on Shift Knob and Steering Wheel. It is part of the PDQ option package and can also be ordered separately.

FYI, Sapele wood is also known African Mahogany. It is a reddish-brown wood that in many ways is very similar to Mahogany.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.