2008 CTS residuals
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS residuals in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; 24 mo 69% 30 mo 64% 36 mo 59% 48 mo 50% These are as high or higher than the ...
  1. #1
    Mplsspyder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    131

    2008 CTS residuals

    24 mo 69%
    30 mo 64%
    36 mo 59%
    48 mo 50%

    These are as high or higher than the V's
    They ahve also announced a conquest.
    If you drive a Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche, Jag, Audi, Lincoln, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes there is a $1000 incentive.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    312

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Mplsspyder View Post
    24 mo 69%
    30 mo 64%
    36 mo 59%
    48 mo 50%

    These are as high or higher than the V's
    They ahve also announced a conquest.
    If you drive a Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche, Jag, Audi, Lincoln, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes there is a $1000 incentive.

    Those sound like some aggressive residuals. Makes sense to offer a conquest. Won't help an Olds owner like me, but I think its the right thing to do. The import snobs are going to need an incentive to move them out of their current car.

  4. #3
    Zymurgy's Avatar
    Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Are these residuals being offered on GM SmartBuy?

  5. #4
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    729

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    I hate those conquest rebates..

    They do nothing but piss me off as a faithful GM owner.

    Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic?

    So basically being a loyal GM owner I have to pay more?

    I don't mean to rant but it really pisses me off.

    I should go lease a volvo S80 for 24 months at the subsidized rate of 400 a month no money down just for the fact GM keeps offering a grand to conquest sales..

    Its the dam principle of the thing thats annoying me..

    Sorry for the rant but come on...

    GM should give its loyal customers some type of rebate or something..

    JMO

  6. #5
    Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    312

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    I hate those conquest rebates..

    They do nothing but piss me off as a faithful GM owner.

    Am I the only one who is annoyed by this tactic?

    So basically being a loyal GM owner I have to pay more?

    I don't mean to rant but it really pisses me off.

    I should go lease a volvo S80 for 24 months at the subsidized rate of 400 a month no money down just for the fact GM keeps offering a grand to conquest sales..

    Its the dam principle of the thing thats annoying me..

    Sorry for the rant but come on...

    GM should give its loyal customers some type of rebate or something..

    JMO
    I know where you're coming from, but it's a business decision. At the end of the day they know they will have the GM fans buy even if they are irked.

  7. #6
    fadywwf316 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Mplsspyder View Post
    24 mo 69%
    30 mo 64%
    36 mo 59%
    48 mo 50%

    These are as high or higher than the V's
    They ahve also announced a conquest.
    If you drive a Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche, Jag, Audi, Lincoln, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes there is a $1000 incentive.
    Sorry for sounding like such a noob but I'm interested in an 08 and it will be the first car I buy/lease on my own (recent college grad). So can you explain what you mean by agressive residuals. I know what a residual value is but am not sure how it's applied in this situation. Like are those ratios good for buyers or bad? Also, what's meant by a conquest? Lastly, to get the $1,000 incentive, how do I prove that? Do I have to trade in the old car or show title? The reason I am asking is because my family owns an ooooold benz that I don't think even drives anymore... does that count? Also, my cousin owns an Acura he would let me take to the dealer (salesman is an old friend and I get GMS pricing), would that work to get the $1,000? Every little bit helps, thanks for any help

  8. #7
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    729

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    I agree..I'm half tempted to tow some bullsh!t pos oldie in to the dealership but I think all they really need is the registration to show you are the owner.?

    You can check with a buick dealership as the Enclave had the same conquest discount too...

  9. #8
    Coma's Avatar
    Coma is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Westlake, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Interesting about conquest discounts, I never really knew this existed.

  10. #9
    smokiejoe's Avatar
    smokiejoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD Sport
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    171

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    fady:
    If you can show a Non-GM motor vehicle title in your name, or wifes you will get the rebate off list price whether you buy or lease. Might not work with a relative or friend. You really need to prove ownership.

    The higher residuals mean lower monthly payments when plugged into the lease formulas (do a search). The car is worth more money at the end of the lease term.

    I often wondered if you go buy a $100 piece of Cr*p, title it, to get the $1,000 off would it be worth it.
    Probably not in time and effort, better trying to negotiate more $$ off the car.

  11. #10
    fadywwf316 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    327

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by smokiejoe View Post
    fady:
    If you can show a Non-GM motor vehicle title in your name, or wifes you will get the rebate off list price whether you buy or lease. Might not work with a relative or friend. You really need to prove ownership.

    The higher residuals mean lower monthly payments when plugged into the lease formulas (do a search). The car is worth more money at the end of the lease term.

    I often wondered if you go buy a $100 piece of Cr*p, title it, to get the $1,000 off would it be worth it.
    Probably not in time and effort, better trying to negotiate more $$ off the car.

    Thanks joe,

    I actually talked to my buddy and at least at his dealership, all i need to do is show registration of one of those brands in my household... so the old benz is of good use haha. What I was thinking tho, does anyone know the 07's residual or know a site that lists residuals of competing cars? just for me to put this into perspective as to how 'great' these residuals are, if at all.

  12. #11
    Chuck C's Avatar
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,525

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Mplsspyder View Post
    24 mo 69%
    30 mo 64%
    36 mo 59%
    48 mo 50%

    These are as high or higher than the V's
    They ahve also announced a conquest.
    If you drive a Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche, Jag, Audi, Lincoln, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes there is a $1000 incentive.
    For comparison, what were 2007's residuals?

  13. #12
    Mplsspyder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    131

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    2007 residuals 3.6 V6
    24 mo. 59%
    30 mo. 55%
    36 mo. 51%
    48 mo. 42%

  14. #13
    ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    301

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Some people facts of life. They'll will do whatever it takes (even if they know they're being screwed into the ground) to own an "in" car. People will do whatever it takes to "run" with the "in" crowd. No matter how much people GM "lay away" they'll still be here decades from now. GM would ONLY allow up to $1K rebates form the GM card (on all 900 platform vehicles) even though some have over $3500 in credit forthcoming. Which IMHO is pure grounds for a lawsuit. But people are still buying GM products. What a sorry fact.

  15. #14
    PanAnna's Avatar
    PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    110

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    Some people facts of life. They'll will do whatever it takes (even if they know they're being screwed into the ground) to own an "in" car. People will do whatever it takes to "run" with the "in" crowd. No matter how much people GM "lay away" they'll still be here decades from now. GM would ONLY allow up to $1K rebates form the GM card (on all 900 platform vehicles) even though some have over $3500 in credit forthcoming. Which IMHO is pure grounds for a lawsuit. But people are still buying GM products. What a sorry fact.
    I'm not sure I get what you're saying. Can you please explain? What does the GM card have anything to do with this. Genuinely curious because I will be using my GM card earnings for my next purchase.

  16. #15
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San 'tone, TX
    Posts
    23,228

    Re: 2008 CTS residuals

    Quote Originally Posted by PanAnna View Post
    I'm not sure I get what you're saying. Can you please explain? What does the GM card have anything to do with this. Genuinely curious because I will be using my GM card earnings for my next purchase.
    dont worry about him, he shits on everything GM related

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting