2008 CTS residuals - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS residuals in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by urbanski dont worry about him, he shits on everything GM related Although I've only been on this ...
    Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Re: 2008 CTS residuals

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    dont worry about him, he shits on everything GM related
    Although I've only been on this forum for a relatively short time, I had already come to that conclusion.

He is a just trying to .

PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks guys. I guess I just need to learn who to pay attention to and who not to. I guess there are some of those pesky types everywhere.

radinr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Where is there more info on the Conquest bonus? I am an Infiniti owner and considering a 2008 CTS.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    dont worry about him, he shits on everything GM related
    You're just saying that cause it's true.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    Some people facts of life. They'll will do whatever it takes (even if they know they're being screwed into the ground) to own an "in" car. People will do whatever it takes to "run" with the "in" crowd. No matter how much people GM "lay away" they'll still be here decades from now. GM would ONLY allow up to $1K rebates form the GM card (on all 900 platform vehicles) even though some have over $3500 in credit forthcoming. Which IMHO is pure grounds for a lawsuit. But people are still buying GM products. What a sorry fact.
    troll CTS 1 more time, and i'm locking you out of here.

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Mplsspyder View Post
    24 mo 69%
    30 mo 64%
    36 mo 59%
    48 mo 50%
    These are as high or higher than the V's. They ahve also announced a conquest. If you drive a Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Porsche, Jag, Audi, Lincoln, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes there is a $1000 incentive.
    Has anyone heard what the initial GMAC lease rate will be on the 2008 CTS? With '08 CTS's now trickling into dealerships, GM will have to officially announce the lease rate soon -- probably within the next few days.

RAB

I called GMAC/Canada today, and they advised the following SmartLease annual percentage rate(s) for the 2008 CTS (i.e. the vehicle obtained from GM of Canada). The rates are in effect until October 31, 2007:
    24 Months: 3.75%
    36 Months: 3.75%
    48 Months: 5.75%

The GMAC/Canada purchase finance annual percentage rates(s) for the 2008 CTS (in effect until Oct. 31/07) are as follows:
    36 Months: 2.75%
    48 Months: 2.75%
    60 Months: 5.40%

I'm now interested to know what the GMAC SmartLease and Purchase Finance annual percentage rates will be in the U.S. on the '08 CTS. Perhaps a U.S. based forum member could determine that info with GMAC/USA and post it into this thread. The tel. number to obtain general info at GMAC is 1-800-32-SMART. (When I call that number in Ontario I reach GMAC/Canada).

Pucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    I called GMAC/Canada today, and they advised the following SmartLease annual percentage rate(s) for the 2008 CTS (i.e. the vehicle obtained from GM of Canada). The rates are in effect until October 31, 2007:
    24 Months: 3.75%
    36 Months: 3.75%
    48 Months: 5.75%

The GMAC/Canada purchase finance annual percentage rates(s) for the 2008 CTS (in effect until Oct. 31/07) are as follows:
    36 Months: 2.75%
    48 Months: 2.75%
    60 Months: 5.40%

I'm now interested to know what the GMAC SmartLease and Purchase Finance annual percentage rates will be in the U.S. on the '08 CTS. Perhaps a U.S. based forum member could determine that info with GMAC/USA and post it into this thread. The tel. number to obtain general info at GMAC is 1-800-32-SMART. (When I call that number in Ontario I reach GMAC/Canada).

2.75% for 48 months. Wow, that's awesome. Somehow I don't think we will see those rates here in the States.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
    2.75% for 48 months. Wow, that's awesome. Somehow I don't think we will see those rates here in the States.
    I don't know about the U.S. rates... but I do know that the PRICE of the '08 CTS is a lot lower in the States.
    The fully-optioned '08 CTS DI AWD that I have on order with GM Canada -- if ordered in the U.S. -- would come to a total of USD 48,590.00. That price (which includes EVERYTHING except the extra cost paint option) includes the additional/minor options of 'K05' Block Heater ($100.00) and 'ZAA' Compact Spare Tire ($250.00), as well as the destination charge ($745.00). Note the price of USD 48,590.00, at current exchange rates, equates to CAD 51,566.00.

The identical car, as I have ordered through GM of Canada, comes to CAD 60,125.00, or a price difference of + CAD 8,559.00 compared to the same car in the States (converted to Canadian dollars). Said another way, this represents a price premium of approximately + 17% for folks north of the border. Okay... so what was that North American Free Trade Agreement supposed to do for all of us again?

I believe the entirely irrational +17% price surplus for a fully-equipped '08 CTS in Canada completely negates (and then some) any benefit that may exist with current GMAC cross-border annual percentage rates (rates in Canada vs. those in the U.S.), SmartLease or otherwise.

I really like the 2008 CTS (hell, I've ordered one), but I absolutely do not approve of GM's pricing schemes in Canada. It's been going on for years, and doesn't look to change any time soon.

Regards
    Rab.

For a low mileage SmartBuy, I was just quoted the following residuals:

24 months 73%
    30 months 68%
    36 months 64%
    39 months 63%

49lukester09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just went to GMAC finance-payment estimator Smart buy in NY 7.35APR

My quote is 6.75% APR with the residuals in my previous post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.