• Yes- The Best!!

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yeah, Nothing Impressive..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I WISH!!!

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • No, dont care to

Votes: 1 4.3%

Today's 2008 CTS Training/Driving Expo! (Images & Words)

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  72279 
#1 ·
So today was our turn to experience Cadillac's touring expo on the 2008 CTS as it compares to the competition and give an opportunity for dealership personnel to learn more about the product.

THE PICS: Various shots (from my phone, I know...) of the new CTS. One with a spoiler thats going to be offered as a Genuine Cadillac accessory. among other things offered the CTS will have available rear AND side rear shades. (New to me!) It also had chrome 18" Cadillac wheels.
What were being offered to drive were the 08 CTS, the 535i and the (questionable competitor) Lexus ES3__-(dont exactly remember..).

:worship::worship::worship:The CTS: HOLY SHIT!! I can honestly say that it is by far the best american luxury sedan ever built..(In my opinion,so dont get snippity). Just the stance, when you see the car in person, sends a mean, aggressive, animal-like persence while at the same time welcoming you inside with a look of modesty and depth... The car looks so much better in person than pictures. Even factory pictures with all the glare effects do NOT give this car justice. The "side ports" or "Air extractors", as GM would put it are ACTUALLY FUNCTIONAL!!!! Thats a suprise to me, and a big sigh of relief for me. That was important. The fit and finish is spectacular. I can tell you, by what They said today, and what Ive seen, this costed GM alot of money to perfect in such a huge way.

INSIDE: ambient lighting is rad. period. 40G hard drive is swet, but with a NAV youll only have 9Gigs worth of storage space.. Kind of sad, but no DVDs for the nav is a plus for itself! (upgrades will come in the form of CDs or DVD depending on wha choice Caddy makes. When the Nav pops up, THE most awesome animation of the cadillac crest "rubicks cubing" into form apears. When FM/AM/XM/ or AUX is running the backdrop of the NAV has an image of a musical scroll with creciendos and melodies. It was like the mood of the entire car changed once you sat in this interior. The seats held you, the wheel grabbed you, & the center stack sits gourgeously waiting at your beckon. Its the best ove ever seen. That might not mean alot to some doubling, trippling my age on here. (Im 21) But Ive seen enough prestige luxury cars to say that nothing comes close to the feeling that this gives the driver. Its so comfortable and personal. The gauges are sweet in the terms of you THE DRIVER can read the gauges. Theyre so sunken in, that the passenger cant read them AT ALL. Its quite a good feeling, ya know? Maybe thats just me..

Direct Injection: This is a huge difference. It feels so grunty and torque-filled from the bottom up. At low speed it feels quick, when stepped on it felt like a total boost of energy and strength. We had a bike cop patroll behind and around the stop oncoming traffic from hitting the train of 20 new 08's we were all driving. Some were 3.6 DI's, some we base 3.6. You felt a difference. A heavy difference actually. I have toy get going, so Ill go ahead and post the pictures. Enjoy, hope it gets some of you guys as excited as I am about the Renessiance of Cadillac and the return of Heavy Metal.. (On a side note)

See less See more
Reactions: Jon and Zymurgy
#2 ·
Here are the pics: (More on the way)

#4 ·
shit man. Let me try this again...

#5 ·
#9 ·
Im with him! The new CTS has really started growing on me. Since I will be 30 and able to get a truly high performance car without getting raped on insurance I might be going with a next gen v. Yes its a long ways off but its fun to dream anyway! By that time I should be able to get a V at a pretty decent price and Ill be making a lot more money by then anyway.

I originally thought I would get a new G8 with the 375hp V8 when I got to be almost 30 but now it will likely be a next gen V.

Those lightbars up front are SICK!! I love it!! The huge moon roof!! I love it!! 500+ HP in the V...... DROOL!!

ARG!! Now if I didnt have 4 years of payments left on my 04! LOL!! :thepan:

I still love my 04 though for sure!

#11 ·
The Black Dahlia is correct, I also was at the Ride & Drive. This CTS is the ying and yang! Pure Performance & Luxury! This car is the "Cadillac" of the luxury sport models!

Variable Valve Timing with DI..... Awesome
Seemless Continuous adjustment with instant power!

The all new 6spd Tranny..... Unbelievable!
Exceptional torque at any speed or any gear! Super smooth!

Incredible braking performance!

Excellent Steering feel and feedback!

The most Loaded technology on the market!

Best interior in its class possibly the best in the industry!

World Class gap tolerances!

Attention to every detail!

This Car is absolutly Perfect!

Bow Down! BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, etc........

This IS the Cadillac of Cars! Guess what? its a Cadillac!

***one minor complaint is the sunroof shade. Hopefully this was just on pre-production cars.

#17 ·
Well since you saw the cars in person let me if its ok ask you a few of your opinions..

Did the high polish rims look like a lot better than the painted 18's? Were the new multi coated (or whatever its called) 18 inch rims look good or did the polish just blow it away? Thanks for your opinion.

Whats with the spoiler on the rear deck? Is that part of a package or an option? Would you recommend the spoiler?

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x237/MysticianAllen/?action=view&current=img048.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.