My CTS Being Built Now - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Being Built Now in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by pfflyer I thought the GMC color was the same as Black Cherry. I went with Light Plat ...
    Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Re: My CTS Being Built Now

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
    I thought the GMC color was the same as Black Cherry. I went with Light Plat mainly because this doesn't get a garage space. I am assuming that all the previous postings regarding the constraints of B19 and B20 have been resolved?
    B20 constraint has NOT been resolved. In fact, they are building cars that are supposed to have B20 (example, those ordered with PDQ) WITHOUT B20 (and dropping the price by $150). My car has been built and I have seen the on-line window sticker which specifically states B20 was not included. Estimated delivery data is 8/28.

pfflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    B20 constraint has NOT been resolved. In fact, they are building cars that are supposed to have B20 (example, those ordered with PDQ) WITHOUT B20 (and dropping the price by $150). My car has been built and I have seen the on-line window sticker which specifically states B20 was not included. Estimated delivery data is 8/28.
    With estimated delivery of 8/28...What was the order and build date of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
    With estimated delivery of 8/28...What was the order and build date of yours?
    Ordered around 5/24, built 8/4. Been sitting in Lansing since. Been told that they don't expect issue with B20 to be resolved until end of September at best.

Ordered around 5/24, built 8/4. Been sitting in Lansing since. Been told that they don't expect issue with B20 to be resolved until end of September at best.
    Thanks for the info. I am assuming, and hoping, that they will just build it and delete B20 since it is a sold order. Too bad, I like the feel of the wood wheel. If I had known I would have not ordered B19 or B20 and added something esle. I went without a sunroof this time because I never use it and as a third car cost was an issue. The 18" tire package and the DI was more important.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Zymurgy,
    You mentioned that the estimated delivery date for your car is 8/28. With the vehicle having been being built 8/4, that's a long time to wait. You must be getting just a little anxious now , given that you ordered the car back on 5/24.
    It looks like most (all?) of the first batch of cars produced have been held at Lansing until a specified ship date -- no doubt to satisfy the overall launch plan for the vehicle. Given the ETA for your car, I'm guessing that '08 CTS vehicles will begin moving out of Lansing tomorrow, 8/20.
    Cheers
    Rab

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

As of yesterday, my local dealer tells me that their first '08 CTS arrives on Thursday. They are showing 2 on gmbuypower...

614953 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

tomorrow is the big day

Placed my order on June 15th. Arrived at Valley Cadillac, Rochester NY Thurs afternoon August 16th. It was one of the three in the shipment, the other two immediately went to Enterprise Rent-A-car. Taking delivery tomorrow morning at 10AM leaving the dealer with nothing to left show which seems kind of weird to me.

DI Performance collection, crystal red, titanium interior, ultraview sunroof. $40,485 retail. Luck enough to be eligible for GMS.

Hopefully they won't need to replace the entire engine at 8,000 miles in this one like they did in my 2005 when I took it in for a rough idle. They were never able to exactly figure out what went wrong other than it looked like it was run without any oil (even though the original Mobil was still in it). It paid off to be be nice and work with them rather than be a raving lunatic. They've treated me extremely well ever since. Needless to say I got to know everyone at the dealership on a first name basis. LOL

I'm glad I have to work all night tonight. Wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

MARK
    Attached Images

WhtDmnd04CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD

congrats!!
    i can't wait to actually see this car in person, i feel like i've been waiting forever just to get a peek of it
    all the dealers out by me (long island, ny) say another 1-2 weeks before they receieve their shipments

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Zymurgy,
    You mentioned that the estimated delivery date for your car is 8/28. With the vehicle having been being built 8/4, that's a long time to wait. You must be getting just a little anxious now , given that you ordered the car back on 5/24.
    It looks like most (all?) of the first batch of cars produced have been held at Lansing until a specified ship date -- no doubt to satisfy the overall launch plan for the vehicle. Given the ETA for your car, I'm guessing that '08 CTS vehicles will begin moving out of Lansing tomorrow, 8/20.
    Cheers
    Rab
    A very looooooooong time to wait. They actually started moving out of Lansing back on 8/9, but it depends on what region of the country it is headed for. In the Texas/Arkansas area, the salespeople are going to get their training on Thursday (8/23). Theory is that they are not shipping cars to an area before training has been held.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: tomorrow is the big day

Quote Originally Posted by 614953 View Post
    Placed my order on June 15th. Arrived at Valley Cadillac, Rochester NY Thurs afternoon August 16th. It was one of the three in the shipment, the other two immediately went to Enterprise Rent-A-car. Taking delivery tomorrow morning at 10AM leaving the dealer with nothing to left show which seems kind of weird to me.

DI Performance collection, crystal red, titanium interior, ultraview sunroof. $40,485 retail. Luck enough to be eligible for GMS.

Hopefully they won't need to replace the entire engine at 8,000 miles in this one like they did in my 2005 when I took it in for a rough idle. They were never able to exactly figure out what went wrong other than it looked like it was run without any oil (even though the original Mobil was still in it). It paid off to be be nice and work with them rather than be a raving lunatic. They've treated me extremely well ever since. Needless to say I got to know everyone at the dealership on a first name basis. LOL

I'm glad I have to work all night tonight. Wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

MARK
    Mark,

Best of luck with your new car! Congratulations..

I look forward to hearing your impressions and good to hear they are arriving in NY region..

Thats awesome.

JB

I have a question and I am sure its a computer logging error but why when I do a GM buypower search for rochester dealers your car doesn't show up on the system?

Anyways here's the link... check it out and your cars not in the system..(I"m not doubting its there but rather trying to find out what I am doing wrong as I work online with GMbuy power .com

http://www.gmbuypower.com/vehiclelocator/locateVehicle.do?isRankVehicle=true&sortType=vehic leRank&displayInTemplate=false&defaultpath=true&ho stingSite=gmvs&isRankVehicle=true&maximumCount=25& year=2008&make=ca&brand=CTS&modelId=025&sellingSou rce=12&regionid=&regionId=&currentOfferTerms=36&us erType=GMBP&partnerID=900001&makeId=006&modelDesig nator=6DP69&searchType=4&vendorId=119115.0&subMode l=&subModelId=54&mmc=6DP69&pvc=5160&zip=14623&mode l=CTS&styleDescrip=Standard%201SB&styleId=Stan dard%201SB&typeDescrip=%20%20%20&cabSize=&boxSize= &driveType=&wheelBase=&cabSizeId=&boxSizeId=&drive TypeId=&wheelBaseId=&dealerName=THE+VALLEY+CADILLA C+CORP&dealerStreet=3100%20WINTON%20RD%20S&dealerC ity=ROCHESTER&dealerRegionCode=NY&dealerPostalcode =14623-2986&dealerBpManagerName=Anthony%20De%20Falco&deal erBpPhone=(585)+427-8400&dealerURL=http://www.cadillacofrochester.com/en_US/HomePage&nameplateids=006^007^

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

Mark,

Congratulations on getting yours! I'm hoping mine will be in this week. It was ready for shipment August 9. Mine's also Crystal Red. I haven't seen the color in person, just in pictures. What are your impressions of the color? Candy apple? Metallic? Bright red?

614953 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    Mark,

Congratulations on getting yours! I'm hoping mine will be in this week. It was ready for shipment August 9. Mine's also Crystal Red. I haven't seen the color in person, just in pictures. What are your impressions of the color? Candy apple? Metallic? Bright red?
    Thanks for everyone's comments. Here are a couple quick pix from my driveway about noon. Candy apple red is the best way I can describe it right now. It's been real cloudy today so I haven't seen it in the direct sun yet. The 2005 I traded was a beautiful gray so I wanted something different.

The salesman told me it was their first delivery. They don't get trained until next week. This is the third carI've purchased from him. Between that and GMS there's no BS and we get right down to business.

The biggest comments I have to make after day one is how incredibly much quieter it is than the '05. It seems to be a combination of how much quieter the DI is then the 3.6/255 plus the sounded deadening improvements in the cabin.

The interior (titanium) looks like a real Caddy. Sleek, hi-tech and classy. I hated my 2005 CTS with the Chevy interior.

MARK

[IMG]"C:\Documents and Settings\augustinm\Desktop\email new car\DSC01368e.jpg"[/IMG]

[IMG]"C:\Documents and Settings\augustinm\Desktop\email new car\DSC01369e.jpg"[/IMG]

Thanks for the heads up on how you like the car!

Hows it handle? I realize your taking it easy for the first 500 miles but hows the acceleration?

Congrats on the new arrival! I'm one week into my order and have managed not to call the dealer to get a status update LOL. You're in Rochester correct? Did you go with AWD or do you have a 4wd to use on those bad weather days...or months I should say.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.