My CTS Being Built Now - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Being Built Now in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by PanAnna That picture is much better than the one I posted. The one I posted has bad ...
    RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: My CTS Being Built Now

Quote Originally Posted by PanAnna View Post
    That picture is much better than the one I posted. The one I posted has bad lighting.
    I think with the titanium and ebony combo I might forego the wood altogether if I chose that combo.
    Curious, if B19 was deleted also what would replace the wood? For example, what would replace the wood around the gearshift?
    PanAnna,
    For myself, if I was going with the titanium & ebony combo (which I'm not, at least not this time -- I've ordered ebony/ebony on my '08 CTS), I would choose the B19 wood accent trim (as well as B20... if that option was truly available at the moment!).
    For your info & viewing pleasure (!), I've attached here a photo of a full ebony interior, with the 'standard' accent trim. It is my understanding Cadillac will refer to this standard trim as "diamond". One could argue it looks a little like composite / carbon fiber material.
    I prefer the look of the B19 wood accent trim (not to mention unavailable B20!) with the ebony/ebony combo, which is how I've ordered mine.
    Regards
    Rab.
    Attached Images

RAB

PS. For those of you who never saw this photo in one of my posts several weeks ago in another thread, attached is a photo of the '08 CTS interior with the ebony/ebony combo, complete with B19 and B20 wood accent trim options.
    Attached Images

PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    PS. For those of you who never saw this photo in one of my posts several weeks ago in another thread, attached is a photo of the '08 CTS interior with the ebony/ebony combo, complete with B19 and B20 wood accent trim options.
    Love it!!!

Thanks for all the great photos.

I'm definitely going to go straight up Ebony/Ebony with B19/B20 when I order/buy (guesstimating March 08). I'm leaning to Black Cherry paint unless it looks really bad and if it does then I'll probably do the Thunder Gray. I don't suppose you have any *good* shots of Black Cherry floating around? The little ones I have seen I can't gauge the color at all. I e-mailed cadillac.com to see if they would send me a pic but they said they couldn't but expected to have the website updated for the 2008s by the end of August.

Thanks again for the photos. It really has helped me get the mental picture of what to expect with the interior.

RAB

Love it!!! Thanks for all the great photos.
    I'm definitely going to go straight up Ebony/Ebony with B19/B20 when I order/buy (guesstimating March 08). I'm leaning to Black Cherry paint unless it looks really bad and if it does then I'll probably do the Thunder Gray. I don't suppose you have any *good* shots of Black Cherry floating around? The little ones I have seen I can't gauge the color at all. I e-mailed cadillac.com to see if they would send me a pic but they said they couldn't but expected to have the website updated for the 2008s by the end of August.
    Thanks again for the photos. It really has helped me get the mental picture of what to expect with the interior.
    Glad the photos provided some help.
    I have seen (and downloaded) a lot of photos of the '08 CTS... but as yet haven't seen any pictures of a CTS in 'Black Cherry' (code 12U). I think you may have to wait a few more weeks to see photos of a CTS in that color.
    Rather than a specific color of vehicle, it's actually easier to find 'abstract' photos of the new CTS on the internet... such as the shiny, 'engraved' Cadillac door sill trim pieces (!), or the 4 rows of circumferential holes in the chromed dual exhaust tips (added to create a specific exhaust resonance), or unique photo angles of the vehicle taken to capture some of the more artful lines on the new car. I've included here a photo that is representative of the latter.

dadr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have really enjoyed this forum and I would like to wish everyone the best with the purchase or future purchase of the 08 CTS. I have had one on order since early June at the GMS price, but the Cadillac dealer is being shaddy. I know the car they have reordered for me is in production yet they still say they don't know and it will probably be 6 more weeks before the car is shipped and surrounding dealers have not been very helpfull either. Also the issue of launching what is likely the most important new vehicle for GM's image as developing world class automobiles, is going to be hampered by a supply issue (wood wheel) when they included this package on all the magazine testing vehicles leaves a bitter taste. While I hate to walk away from a great vehicle and my GMS price, I have decided to buy a new BMW 335xi instead. I wish everyone good luck and enjoy your new car!

If you are looking for a fully loaded 2008 CTS Black on Black, 3.6DI, AWD, PDQ, Y42, P63, J55 in the Minneapolis area it should be arriving in the next 4-6 weeks. I am going to get my deposit back.

Thanks everyone!

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbed Stealth View Post
    Good morning!

I went to a car show this weekend with my Cadillac Rep, He updated me on all the cars that have been built were shipped Friday the 9th. No sold cars or any other types of orders have been delivered to dealers!
    Not all built cars have been shipped. Mine is still at status code 3800 - Produced. It has been that way for at least 10 days. I think it may depend on what region of the country you are in. Texas area dealers have not yet been trained on the new CTS (training is next week). So, it appears that Cadillac may not be shipping cars to regions until the training is completed (or about to be completed). With the training next week (the 23rd), hopefully cars will be shipped by this Friday.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by dadr View Post
    I have really enjoyed this forum and I would like to wish everyone the best with the purchase or future purchase of the 08 CTS. I have had one on order since early June at the GMS price, but the Cadillac dealer is being shaddy. I know the car they have reordered for me is in production yet they still say they don't know and it will probably be 6 more weeks before the car is shipped and surrounding dealers have not been very helpfull either. Also the issue of launching what is likely the most important new vehicle for GM's image as developing world class automobiles, is going to be hampered by a supply issue (wood wheel) when they included this package on all the magazine testing vehicles leaves a bitter taste. While I hate to walk away from a great vehicle and my GMS price, I have decided to buy a new BMW 335xi instead. I wish everyone good luck and enjoy your new car!
    If you are looking for a fully loaded 2008 CTS Black on Black, 3.6DI, AWD, PDQ, Y42, P63, J55 in the Minneapolis area it should be arriving in the next 4-6 weeks. I am going to get my deposit back.
    Thanks everyone!
    Dadr,
    I appreciate your frustration and being pissed off with the whole thing. Gotta say, I feel similar frustration, with now having to wait an additional 4-6 weeks for my CTS all due to the lack of availability of one option (B20 wood trim).
    Anyway, after PLENTY of thoughts of immediately obtaining a BMW 3 Series or an Infiniti G vehicle, I've decided to just sit tight for my '08 CTS to show up. Why?... because I still really like the car.
    I'd like to suggest to you that you sit tight also for a couple of weeks before finalising the deal on the BMW 335xi. Call it a 2 week cooling down period. Within a couple of weeks from now you should start seeing a few '08 CTS's on the road, and you'll be seeing the first of the ads for the '08 CTS on television. If, at that stage, you're still in favor of the 3 Series, then go for it. By that time you'll probably be able to get yourself into an '08 BMW, which may be better for you than a current '07 model, from a variety of standpoints.
    Whatever happens, hope you'll still visit & contribute to this forum.
    Regards,
    Rab.
    Attached Images

Chuck C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Great Post, RAB...I've never noticed the indentations around the window.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

That's a little weird: order a car you've never driven, and then cancelling because it takes a few more weeks to get something you'd have for several years. All passion spent, or just fickle?

sbudaj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Blue Chip AWD 3.6DI FE2

Just found out from my salesman that mine has been built and it has the B20 option.

Steve

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by sbudaj View Post
    Just found out from my salesman that mine has been built and it has the B20 option.
    Steve
    My immediate reaction to that information is... !!! !!!
    But then, the good side of me says I'm very happy for you!
    Sbudaj, don't forget to post a couple of photos when you get your car.

I'm guessing that Cadilac/GM is holding off shipping most of the initial production of '08 CTS's until a certain date. Partly for reasons of on-going / up-front training at dealerships (per mention by Zymurgy), and the fact that GM probably want to carry out a 'shipment blitz' over just a few days to coincide the delivery of the first production batch of vehicles to the official 'launch' of the car.
    How lucky for me that my own '08 CTS will be avoiding all that fuss.

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

I did a search for 2008's in my area this morning. Found one about 8 miles away, Titanium/Ebony. Has B19 but not B20. It's the only one I could find in the St Louis area.

Also tried to "Build Your Own" configured like mine. Not all configurations set up yet. When I selected the PDQ Luxury Package, it eliminated the choice of the 18" wheel package. I know that combination is available, it's on the factory production sheet for mine.

PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    Also tried to "Build Your Own" configured like mine. Not all configurations set up yet. When I selected the PDQ Luxury Package, it eliminated the choice of the 18" wheel package. I know that combination is available, it's on the factory production sheet for mine.
    I also noticed that, too, about the PDQ and wheel package when I was "building".

I also was able to see Black Cherry and wow...it is bright...too bright. Um, unless the configurer is really way off, I don't think I'll be doing that color after all. I was hoping for a much darker, sleeker color.

I also noticed that, too, about the PDQ and wheel package when I was "building".

I also was able to see Black Cherry and wow...it is bright...too bright. Um, unless the configurer is really way off, I don't think I'll be doing that color after all. I was hoping for a much darker, sleeker color.

I have not tried to use the "build your own" as mentioned in the other thread. However, this is the Dark Cherry shown in the Dealers Order Guide:

Is that what is showing on the "build your own"?

Or is it more like this (Crystal Red):

The first one is Black Cherry (12U) and the second is Crystal Red (89U).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.