My CTS Being Built Now - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Being Built Now in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I heard from the factory the B20 Wood Trim is not available right now and that my car won't have ...
    gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

Re: My CTS Being Built Now

I heard from the factory the B20 Wood Trim is not available right now and that my car won't have it. That's fine with me. I'd rather hold onto leather instead of wood. I would have ordered that way except it was part of the PDQ package. I also got the VIN.

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    I heard from the factory the B20 Wood Trim is not available right now and that my car won't have it. That's fine with me. I'd rather hold onto leather instead of wood. I would have ordered that way except it was part of the PDQ package. I also got the VIN.
    If that is true, I'm gonna be upset. We'll see.

dadr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree, I wanted the wood as well.

RAB posted yesterday that this issue has now been resolved and that all US orders would get the B20 package that ordered it and it would only delay non US orders.

Perhaps yours was built prior to resolution.

We shall see. Glad you are happy though.

Mine was built today.

OK, my theory stinks.

I also looked around online to see if any 2008 STS for sale with B20 package had a wood steering wheel and they all did not, but did have the wood shift knob. One listed $150 dollar credit for not having the wood wheel.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Per the post by gm_eng, it appears that option B20 (wood accent trim package for the steering wheel & shift knob) is currently unavailable for ANY order (both U.S. & Canadian orders). My (Canadian) order has been completely stalled because of this. At this time it seems that at least some cars destined for U.S. dealerships/customers, [that should have option B20 applied], are being assembled at the factory without option B20. That might be good news for some, but bad news for others.
    FYI.. I've attached a photo of what an interior in Ebony looks like with option B19 wood trim applied, but without option B20.
    I'm still deciding whether I should just cancel option B20 on the car I've ordered to get things moving. Should I wait weeks longer for this car just to have wood on the steering wheel and shift knob??? Don't know, can't decide at the moment. Anyway, it's annoying that GM/Cadillac aren't providing any info/update on this issue.
    Attached Images

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

If mine was built without B20 I guess I can live with it based on the photo Rab provided. However, I am going to demand compensation of a least equal value to offset the "loss".

PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Per the post by gm_eng, it appears that option B20 (wood accent trim package for the steering wheel & shift knob) is currently unavailable for ANY order (both U.S. & Canadian orders). My (Canadian) order has been completely stalled because of this. At this time it seems that at least some cars destined for U.S. dealerships/customers, [that should have option B20 applied], are being assembled at the factory without option B20. That might be good news for some, but bad news for others.
    FYI.. I've attached a photo of what an interior in Ebony looks like with option B19 wood trim applied, but without option B20.
    I'm still deciding whether I should just cancel option B20 on the car I've ordered to get things moving. Should I wait weeks longer for this car just to have wood on the steering wheel and shift knob??? Don't know, can't decide at the moment. Anyway, it's annoying that GM/Cadillac aren't providing any info/update on this issue.
    Gawd that Ebony is gorgeous. But it does need more wood. I'd want more wood. I love wood!

Hopefully more info will be available to you soon. It's a shame they can't at least give a proper estimate as to when the issue will be resolved.

May or may not be true:

According to the Donlen Corporation the only constraints updated 8/10/07 are:

6-Speed Manual Transmission (MN6) is on indefinite restriction - V6 Base Model (6DM69)
    Black Cherry (12U) paint may increase lead time by 2 to 4 weeks or more

Also where do you think the dealer will mount the bluetooth kit called blueconnect?

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

FYI - Our good friend in Missouri (gm_eng) has advised that the issue with option B20 (wood trim for steering wheel & shift knob) will not be sorted out at the factory until late September / early October. On hearing this, I immediately contacted the dealership today and instructed them to cancel option B20 on my order.
    With any luck my '08 CTS will be built & delivered by the time I get back from North Africa (around the 20th of September). Ahh, the joys of ordering a new car. Hey, you've gotta admit, I do have patience... I ordered the car on June 6th!
    Have a good weekend all.
    Cheers
    Rab.

dwight.j.carter is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

If that is the inside of the car it looks even more amazing then in other pics !

RAB has another picture of the interior in light titanium with wood door, dash & console trim but without wood on the steering wheel or gear shift knob. It looks good too!

RAB has another picture of the interior in light titanium with wood door, dash & console trim but without wood on the steering wheel or gear shift knob. It looks good too!
    Couldn't find RAB's picture of the light titanium without B20 but did find this picture with light titanium and ebony with B19 and B20 and I am not loving it like I am straight up Ebony.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-...c-cts-1/127177

Loving the Ebony because the dash is monotone broken up by the wood only and is just sleek and sexy as I have ever seen (think the CTS dash looks a TON better than the 328i or 335i). IMO the other combos for the CTS are a little busy. I guess I am going to have to see them in person to make my final call but for now I am leaning towards Ebony and I NEVER thought I'd say that based on living in FL and how hot it gets.

Okay. I've never posted a picture so here goes. I'll try to post the light titanium interior without B20 wood.

Okay. I've never posted a picture so here goes. I'll try to post the light titanium interior without B20 wood.
    That picture is much better than the one I posted. The one I posted has bad lighting.

I think with the titanium and ebony combo I might forego the wood altogether if I chose that combo.

Curious, if B19 was deleted also what would replace the wood? For example, what would replace the wood around the gearshift?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.