My CTS Being Built Now - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My CTS Being Built Now in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Thank you Dubbed Stealth, PM just sent dadr...
    dadr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: My CTS Being Built Now

Thank you Dubbed Stealth,
    PM just sent
    dadr

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Looks like the supply/supplier issue re option B20 (wood trim package) has been 'reconciled' by GM order management & the factory. Solution? Any & all '08 CTS vehicles ordered for U.S. consumption, no problem; any & all '08 CTS orders for Canada that contain the B20 option are in full delay mode until further notice. As such, my 'sold' order for a fully optioned CTS DI AWD (ordered on June 6) will continue to remain on hold until further notice. The way it's looking at this point I'll be lucky to get my new CTS by the end of September (who knows, maybe October?).
    Keen readers at this site know I've been a consistent promoter of the new CTS. Gotta say though I'm not pleased with how GM/Cadillac is treating its customers north of the border on this issue. To add insult to injury, the price of a fully equipped DI AWD CTS is 19.5% more expensive in Canada than an identically equipped CTS in the U.S. And that's with a Canadian dollar that is now virtually on par with the U.S. buck. (And on top of the final price there's a 14% tax to pay in Ontario).
    Looks like GM Canada/Cadillac are testing my resolve. Think I'll go and check out a few competitor vehicles again this week. I want to get into a nice new sports sedan, but after already 2 months of waiting I'm not anxious to wait yet another 2 months for a CTS.

mufflerbearing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

RAB, is purchasing one from the US doable or are there too many hurdles to jump to bring one across the border?

Just a thought.

Pat

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by mufflerbearing View Post
    RAB, is purchasing one from the US doable or are there too many hurdles to jump to bring one across the border?

Just a thought.

Pat
    Pat,

I'd sure like to purchase one from the U.S., but there are too many hurdles to jump to bring one across the border. Won't bore you & everyone else with all the details... but even the warranty on a U.S. purchased vehicle (then licensed in Canada) would likely not be honored north of the border. The car business is, in a word, 'complicated', particularly when it comes to cross-border matters.
    The order delay issue with my CTS is really pissing me off, even more than the unjustified price differential bullsh*t.

Richard

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

dadr-

I hope Dubbed-Stealth can help you out. If my contact at the plant was someone I knew personally, I'd call him in a heartbeat. But since I don't know him, and he's helping me out as a favor for a mutual friend, I wouldn't feel comfortable calling him, asking him for people's order status. Buy the way, I placed my order on a Monday and had the order number from the factory before Friday with an estimated build date of 3 weeks later. As it turned out, it was built this week, two weeks early.

RAB,

That SUCKS! Hopefully things will change and it won't hurt your delivery time too much. Sorry about that.

Good luck and try not to loose your way.....

Dadr

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by dadr View Post
    RAB,

That SUCKS! Hopefully things will change and it won't hurt your delivery time too much. Sorry about that.

Good luck and try not to loose your way.....

Dadr
    Dadr,

Thanks.

Rab.

Thanks gm_eng,

I was able to find out my dealer lied to me and screwed my chance to get my car anytime soon. He either is selling my sold car and ordered me another that is not listed as sold or he never listed my order as sold so it lost priority and dropped down the list. Either way it looks like I am in for a wait. By the way Dubbed Stealth rocks.

Let us know when you get your car and post pictures,

Dadr

chico is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 Caddy CTS

Quote Originally Posted by gm_eng View Post
    I heard from the factory today (friend of a friend) that my CTS is being built now. Should be ready for shipping Friday. I don't know how many they have to ship before they will get to mine though. Now I'm getting excited!
    im getting excited about the beer fest on saturday

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    im getting excited about the beer fest on saturday
    .... said the thread killer

PanAnna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dadr View Post
    Thanks gm_eng,

I was able to find out my dealer lied to me and screwed my chance to get my car anytime soon. He either is selling my sold car and ordered me another that is not listed as sold or he never listed my order as sold so it lost priority and dropped down the list. Either way it looks like I am in for a wait. By the way Dubbed Stealth rocks.

Let us know when you get your car and post pictures,

Dadr
    That would be *ex-dealer* if that happened to me.

Sorry this happened to you.

Anna

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by PanAnna View Post
    That would be *ex-dealer* if that happened to me.

Sorry this happened to you.

Anna
    So true

gm_eng is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

dadr -

I'd be glad to give you the name of my dealer and salesman if you'd like. PM me if you're interested.

lescts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 06 C6 Vette

General Question: I have ordered an 08 CTS, Crystal Red, PDQ lux package, DI, auto, order number MFTF11. My salesman (and order manager)says that the standard painted wheels (P61) is a priduction constraint and my car is not being picked up by the factory for production. They assure me they have an allocation. Is there anyone that can confirm that the wheels are indeed a production constraint? If this true, there are a lot of cars that cannot be produced? Also the salesman cannot find out the Event Status Code on my car and really did not know these codes even existed. Can anyone check my order number for a status check? I want to have an independent assessment if I am being patronized and stalled. Thanks.

Thanks PanAnna, Flyin-Ryan, and gm-eng,

Yes, thanks to this forum I was able to finally get some information and the truth. I knew something wasn't right. I did find out that the car they have ordered now is in 3300 status and I have already contacted the other local Cadillac dealers that have the same car ordered, but they are also in the same status or lower. I am not sure placing another order would be any faster, but thanks for the offer.

My dealer has taken the new Cadillac slogan to heart "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit....." they CAN'T FINISH THE DEAL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.