Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; A dealer has informed me the dealer installed bluetooth pack will still not be available at launch and is still ...
    Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS

A dealer has informed me the dealer installed bluetooth pack will still not be available at launch and is still a few months out. They do not have pricing and will not commit to a price without it.

How hard can bluetooth be to figure out???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS

Thats ok. I'll order up the bluetooth pack from gmpartshouse.com (great pricing and service) and then pay someone to have it installed ...

I like the feature even though GM touts Onstar as the wave of the future.

Most of the time GM gives one year free service with onstar so by the time the year is up. Blue tooth will be available for installation. IMO

More bluetooth info from a Dealer and help needed

They have basically said they have no idea about bluetooth. The sales person said he talk with service, parts and up through the managers and no one there has any definitive info on bluetooth availability. They said it will be at least 3-4 months out if they do it, but they do not know what the dealer install option will contain and nobody there has been trained. They even said they might not offer it at all .

I explained how Cadillac's own website says it will be available, which they acted amazed. They have been told their existing bluetooth that they have been installing on 1st gen CTS will work on the 2nd gen, but will not be the functionallity of the STS.

Are there any dealers, insiders or consumers that can shed the light on the bluetooth mystery?? Did Cadillac really drop the ball here or are dealers just not informed?

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: More bluetooth info from a Dealer and help needed

They are installing Blue tooth on 1st Gen CTS's??? THis sounds made up for sure...THere is nothing available except aftermarket.....

Sounds like your dealers a MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

merged

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ahhhhhhhhh booooo....damn URB now my post makes no sense as his first title didnt say 2008

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    merged
    My bad, just trying to flood the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFlip420 View Post
    They are installing Blue tooth on 1st Gen CTS's??? THis sounds made up for sure...THere is nothing available except aftermarket.....

Yes it is aftermarket, but dealer installed. Even the sales person said it was inferior to the STS from the factory functionallity.

We need some legit info, come on supporting dealers and insiders.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    Yes it is aftermarket, but dealer installed. Even the sales person said it was inferior to the STS from the factory functionallity.

We need some legit info, come on supporting dealers and insiders.
    If its inferior to the STS, look out. I had many problems getting mine to work only to find out from the manufacturer fo the unit (Denso) that they didn't spend much time engineering the unit and only tested three phones for compatability. It just does not seem to be a priority for GM.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I'll talk to my friend in the assembly plant and ask him if he knows anything about bluetooth on CTS.
    He can usually find out or tell me who to talk to.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

I have another question in to him, but the plant was recently shut down for retooling and they are probably concentrating on production of the new cars.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFlip420 View Post

Nope, there was or is a Cadillac Bluetooth install available for the 1st gen CTS!!!

There is a memebr from Spain here and he had it installed, but was not amazed by it. The install required to replace the functionality of the steering wheel buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I'll talk to my friend in the assembly plant and ask him if he knows anything about bluetooth on CTS.
    He can usually find out or tell me who to talk to.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

I have another question in to him, but the plant was recently shut down for retooling and they are probably concentrating on production of the new cars.
    That would be great. It just seems hard to get a complete and final answer from anyone. Cadillac states it will have bluetooth, but will not state to what degree it will be. Is it fully integrated, partially integrated or complete aftermarket with no tie in to existing hardware. Cadillac says it is a simple dealer install, yet a major Cadillac dealer in Texas has no idea and has not been given any info. They talk about all the training they will need and have no idea about pricing. Does not sound very simple.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I sent a message to the radio person in the plant for CTS, STS and SRX.
    It might be a few days before I hear from her, but I'll let you know.

Got an answer somewhat on bluetooth. This is a start

Kevin-
    Appreciate your interest! Let's make this the last word on the much-discussed Bluetooth topic. The dealers are being advised of this system this month. There's nothing real complex here: the dealer accessory is a version of the popular "AutoIntelligence" Blue Connect system: (www.autointelligence.com.) Check out the details there, encourage your dealer to do the same, and/or keep their eyes out for more info from Cadillac on it.

Posted by: Editor

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Just visited 'Cadillac Drivers' Log' (cadillac.gmblogs.com), and saw a comment posted there yesterday on the issue of Bluetooth on the '08 CTS. Here is the link to the page: http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/2007/08/post_4.html
    If this represents the true situation as far as Bluetooth "integration" is concerned for the '08 CTS, then I suspect there'll be quite a few people put off by this, and who may want to shop elsewhere for an alternate vehicle, if true Bluetooth integration is an important matter for them.
    It's hard to believe Cadillac missed the boat on this one. Think it's a combination of GM/Cadillac underestimating the importance of Bluetooth with consumers, as well as catering to their cousins at OnStar. Maybe they'll get all of this right on the 2009 CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.