Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; As far as I understood it was not a technical problem, but a license issue. Just be patient...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Question about Bluetooth in the 2008 CTS

As far as I understood it was not a technical problem, but a license issue. Just be patient

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    As far as I understood it was not a technical problem, but a license issue. Just be patient
    I'm the most patient guy in the world. I've had my '08 CTS on order since June 6th, and the car hasn't been built yet.
    Anyway, what is it exactly that should we remain patient for? For Cadillac to get a Bluetooth licensing matter straightened out in the next few months, and THEN they'll start building CTS's with Bluetooth integrated and enabled from the factory? By that time there'll be thousands of '08 CTS's already built & delivered (including my vehicle), all without Blutetooth integration.
    I've yet to hear an accurate, detailed comment from GM on the issue of Bluetooth integration for the new CTS.
    Infiniti & BMW (and others) got this thing correct, right out of the box. Why can't Cadillac?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I haven't heard back from anyone that might actually know something.

I guess if you read it on the internet it must be true though.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I'll have my corvette tech who is world class certified install the bluetooth option if my wife wants it.

Not a deal breaker in my opinion and I'm sure it'll be easy.

Thanks for the heads up..

Good to see GM make the tough decision to offer blue tooth even with its push on Onstar. Smart move to offer what the consumers want.

I personally think GM should offer ON star with a seperate phone from the vehicle on star system but working in conjunction..

I don't quite see the value of onstar with so many people having cell phones.. ?

A coordinated effort of say verizon and onstar for both vehicle and cell phone service makes more sense to me. (but what do I know)

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    I'll have my corvette tech who is world class certified install the bluetooth option if my wife wants it.
    Not a deal breaker in my opinion and I'm sure it'll be easy.
    Thanks for the heads up..
    Good to see GM make the tough decision to offer blue tooth even with its push on Onstar. Smart move to offer what the consumers want.
    I personally think GM should offer ON star with a seperate phone from the vehicle on star system but working in conjunction..
    I don't quite see the value of onstar with so many people having cell phones.. ?
    A coordinated effort of say verizon and onstar for both vehicle and cell phone service makes more sense to me. (but what do I know)
    JB, I think you're missing the point here. GM has NOT as yet made the tough decision to offer full & proper Bluetooth integration on later production of the '08 CTS. What they're suggesting at the moment is for people to obtain an aftermarket device (pack) which comes with its own speaker, etc., and the thing is mounted as a total "add-on" to the ceiling of the car. This aftermarket device will NOT integrate into the CTS's audio and infotainment system, such as it does on Infiniti's, BMW's and the lot.
    Would you want to screw a questionable aftermarket device into the ceiling of your new CTS? I think not.
    With proper Bluetooth integration on a vehicle, the cell phone's call functions are tapped into the car's audio system and display / infotainment screen. For example, the address book that is programmed in the phone would be viewable on the car's infotainment display, and you can manage calls looking at the car's display. There are a lot of other advantages as well with full Bluetooth integration in a vehicle, but I won't bore you with all of that. Suggest you and others do some research on this, and you'll see that Cadillac is behind the curve on this one.
    Deal breaker? Probably not for the majority of people at the moment, but for some it will be.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Rab,

I didn't realize it was a visiable aftermarket device. That sucks.

I thought it was an integrated dealer installed option.

thanks for the clarification.

I think GM's onstar project manager had more to do with our disappointing solution than any of us imagine.

RAB

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Rab,
    I didn't realize it was a visible aftermarket device. That sucks.
    I thought it was an integrated dealer installed option. Thanks for the clarification. I think GM's OnStar project manager had more to do with our disappointing solution than any of us imagine.
    Yes, it fairly sucks.
    Cadillac/GM have been tight-lipped about this one. Seems they've misread market demands for the feature.
    A response made directly to me a few months ago from a well-placed GM individual was... "We have been persuing other technologies; as a result this particular technology (Bluetooth) was not developed & integrated into the '08 CTS. Bluetooth integration may come later on... but some months after the car is initially introduced".

For myself, I'm frankly surprised there hasn't been more of a response/input from other forum members on this issue. Just about everyone has a cell phone, and 90% of the phones have Bluetooth. Probably no one gives a sh*t about this one, for one reason or another.

Since becoming a member here in June '07, I've noticed there's a very limited group of members who actually make contributions to threads concerning the 2008 CTS. The new '08 CTS may deserve a category all its own in this forum. Then again, maybe not.

Catch ya later.
    Rab.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

My contact in the assembly plant wrote me back.
    She has heard no word on whether or not this feature will be added in the future but I encouraged her to inquire about it the next time she talks to an engineer and told her that you guys are expressing a huge interest in integrated bluetooth.
    She also doesn't know whether or not GM is staying away from this to keep from stepping on OnStar's toes.

If I hear anything else I'll be sure to pass it along to you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.