2008 CTS Prices Released - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Prices Released in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Depreciation is just a fact of buying any new vehicle. Not a big deal if the new car is worth ...
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: 2008 CTS Prices Released

Depreciation is just a fact of buying any new vehicle.

Not a big deal if the new car is worth the experience.

IMO the 2008 CTS is worth the hit.

Hell you only go around once in this life time.

Sometimes its just part of buying new.

Can't take it with you and you snooze you might just loose. (never having had the chance) I'm not saying buying preowned is less expensive...just not as much fun.

And we all know you often times have to pay for the fun.

Compared to whats out there "new" the CTS is still a hell of a luxury car and priced well to boot.

JMO

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2007 'fully loaded' vs 2008 Re: 2008 CTS Prices Released

I do not think that it is quite fair to compare any ‘end of last model year’ ‘special edition \ package’ sorts of promotional pricing [ Bose Edition ] to the beginning of a first model year follow-on model.

[[ The last year ( MY 2004 ) of the C5 Corvette resulted in monstrous discounts ( for Corvettes ) of $10K - $12K, from several reports I have seen. Just after the C6 version was introduced. ]]

And whether or not any of the new features standard or available for 2008 ( higher HP \ TQ version of the 3.6L V6 w/Direct Injection, 6-speed automatic, really big sunroof, front seats that can be ventilated \ cooled as well as heated, navigation system, AWD - anything I missed? ) are of interest to you, I think that when added \ selected they clearly add some cost – and offer additional value, at least to some.

Thus, in the content sense, ‘fully loaded’ for a 2007 CTS is really not comparable to ‘fully loaded’ for a 2008.

And I keep coming back to the rather significant gap between the base 2008 CTS and the base 2008 V6 STS.

- Ray
    Thinking the 2008 pricing is at least reasonable – if not ‘bargain basement’. . .

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

From my observations, it seems that the new caddy is about $2k more than a similarly equipped first gen model...and that's consistent from base to fully equipped. Based on the improvements, I'd say this is a not a bad deal.

TagApl4 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX

AWD

JoeKr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    From my observations, it seems that the new caddy is about $2k more than a similarly equipped first gen model...and that's consistent from base to fully equipped. Based on the improvements, I'd say this is a not a bad deal.
    I absolutely agree. I have the '05 CTS 3.6l, manual with FE3 suspension, fold-down rears and XM. That was it. I want the performance. If you don't want the "luxury items" (which obviously I don't) you don't have to buy 'em.

I was relieved to see that the 6-speed is still an option. Also, I disagree regarding the pricing effect on used vehicles. Off the lot, they will have to discount, but I would hope that the resale of the older units may hold up with the higher list prices.

If not, an older version CTS-V will get into my price range for a weekender car.

BrianB13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Let's see what the dealerships charge for the 08 CTS. The dealerships around me here in California still have plenty of 07s for sale all of which are stickered at 35K plus and these are base package models. At least initially, I would be surprised to see any 08s for under 40K on the lots. Of course, you could always try ordering one.

BrianB13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    exactly, buying brand new is almost stupid. just to have it depreciate 10g's just driving it off the lot. i just wait untill people return their lease and buy a loaded caddy for 15-20g's less. and ya still get a nice gm optimized warranty.
    brand new is for leasers.
    There are smart people on this forum!! It's the way to do it. Even if you can afford a new one; why do it. Yeah, for about a year or so you will have people checking out your ride and give you compliments.

for a few laughs..to discuss this further...

There are concepts that are more important than "bang for the buck"

When I put my wife in a car with my 11 year old severly handicapped kid I don't want them driving down the road alone in a used car.

Thats why I only have her in new vehicles.

Does it cost me a few dollars more? probably but thats not the most important thing when considering all factors.

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    for a few laughs..to discuss this further...

There are concepts that are more important than "bang for the buck"

When I put my wife in a car with my 11 year old severly handicapped kid I don't want them driving down the road alone in a used car.

Thats why I only have her in new vehicles.

Does it cost me a few dollars more? probably but thats not the most important thing when considering all factors.
    Sadly – there will likely always be many who believe that THEIR views and THEIR priorities ( for car purchase, or whatever ) are the only ones that are valid.

That only the way they term ‘smart’ is The One True Way.

And what is most important to them must also be most important to any other rational & reasonable human. ( sigh )

Since it your money ( and perhaps your credit ) it seems to me that YOUR views & priorities are all that really matter

Typically buying ‘new’ – for reasons that make sense ** TO ME ** . . .

bigblockcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
    Sadly – there will likely always be many who believe that THEIR views and THEIR priorities ( for car purchase, or whatever ) are the only ones that are valid.

And what is most important to them must also be most important to any other rational & reasonable human. ( sigh )

Since it your money ( and perhaps your credit ) it seems to me that YOUR views & priorities are all that really matter.

- Ray
    What's with the font? I feel like I'm back in high school trying to make my essay longer by stretching my words using "courier new". Use the smilies to express your words.

WhtDmnd04CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD

is it true that the only way to get HID headlamps is to get a performance tire package? does anyone besides me find that to be ridiculous? i can spend about $45,000 to get navi, all wheel drive and what not but doesn't come with HIDs? i sure hope i'm reading this wrong and it's not true..

ultimate_ed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

That's the way I read it. HID's shouldn't even be optional in this class of car. I had been seriously interested in the CTS and lurking in these forums until this pricing information came out. It's unfortunate that Cadillac had modeled their price structure after BMW. I had already ruled them out for not providing adequate value for the prices they're demanding and I fear that I'm going to have to cross the CTS off my list for the same reason.

WhtDmnd04CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD

i wasn't really disapointed with the pricing, it's not that high comparative to what it was back in 03/04. i mean i have an 04 cts loaded with every option available that year and that was about $44,000. so adding the awd, which is what i really want, that puts it about 2 grand more which isn't bad because it does have a lot more options then my car has now. i just can't believe that HID's aren't standard.. but yet my dad has an 06 sts and he doesn't have HID's either

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Wait for the later issues in 2009 and 2010 for more options/packages being available for this CTS. Aren't most packages restricted for first issues?

Quote Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post

Since it your money ( and perhaps your credit ) it seems to me that YOUR views & priorities are all that really matter

there you go...Thats the kicker! Its an individual choice. New definitely has its advantages to those that have priorities that transcend "bang for the buck"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.