2008 CTS Prices Released - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Prices Released in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Zymurgy I stand corrected. You are right. That little "AWD" is an easy thing to miss. I'm ...
    mkaresh is offline Banned

Re: 2008 CTS Prices Released

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    I stand corrected. You are right.

That little "AWD" is an easy thing to miss. I'm painfully aware of how hard it can be to dig accurate info out of these guides. And they're still far clearer and more accurate than Nissan's. And Chrysler's...I don't even like to think about those. I currently have pricing info for the 2008 300 on hold after messing with it for hours because it was such a mess.

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

I'm waiting for inventories to build, hopefully rebates after the first of the year and hopefully I can use some of my accumulated $3000 in GM card credits.

I'm thinking the 304HP DI engine, PDR performance - that'll get me automatic, leather, pwr seats w/ lumbar / heat / memory, heated washers, HID w/ washers, 18" wheels, Limited slip, FE2 sport suspension and performance cooling for $37,845 plus delivery. Getting the price close to invoice and I'm hovering around $35K. Sign me up! (maybe I'll kick in for the summer performance package for another $1,240...)

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by edsuski View Post
    Chuck,

I was using the 2007 price for the current CTS minus the free audio package since I think it is a model close out type of deal and it turns out that a fully optioned 2008 CTS (sans the AWD) comes in at around $47,500 rather than $50K. A significant increase, but also significant improvements. We can't ask for major improvements and not expect to help finance them.

That being said, I think the price increases are a good indication that the V will probably start at ~$52k. Wouldn't you say?

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have been placing lots of orders for the 2008 Cadillac CTS..

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by louiefl99 View Post
    I'm waiting for inventories to build, hopefully rebates after the first of the year and hopefully I can use some of my accumulated $3000 in GM card credits.

I'm thinking the 304HP DI engine, PDR performance - that'll get me automatic, leather, pwr seats w/ lumbar / heat / memory, heated washers, HID w/ washers, 18" wheels, Limited slip, FE2 sport suspension and performance cooling for $37,845 plus delivery. Getting the price close to invoice and I'm hovering around $35K. Sign me up! (maybe I'll kick in for the summer performance package for another $1,240...)
    I like that package! I too have accumulated some GM Card $$$.

The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    Yep. Last week it was at event status 3400.

RIGHT ON! Just curious, which color combo did you go with?

Im patiently waiting for the reveal of the CTC Coupe. GOD I hope they pull this trigger... sooner than later of course!

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Dahlia View Post

RIGHT ON! Just curious, which color combo did you go with?

Im patiently waiting for the reveal of the CTC Coupe. GOD I hope they pull this trigger... sooner than later of course!

It's going to be my wife's car. White Diamond with Cashmere.

6DP69
    PDQ
    Y42
    P63

Quote Originally Posted by louiefl99 View Post

I'd want to drive both packages before deciding myself. Gotta wonder how much difference there is between the suspensions.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

hurry up and depreciate.
    i'll buy a lease end, or an 07 so i can swap my parts.

Michael 514 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP

I don't know about you guys, but I am kinda happy that Cadillac increased its CTS pricing like this.

Cadillac was always known as the... welll.... Cadillac of cars!

With the base-level CTS back in 2003-2007, heck, ANYONE could easily own a Cadillac... they were cheaper than a fully-loaded Accord!

Bums like you and me were able to easily afford a Caddy.

I knew all along that after a few years, when it was re-design time, we'd again be looking at a ~$50,000 ENTRY-LEVEL vehicle from Cadillac.

None of these prices shock me.

I think this will help elevate the brand to a more prestigious level once again.

Getting behind the wheel of a 2004-5-6-whatever CTS does not, in any way, smell or feel luxurious. Heck, the Impala the dealer gave me seemed more luxurious.

I'm very glad to see a decently base-level Caddy close to the $50K mark.

In my grandparents' and parents' day... only the most successful of athletes, businesspeople, and professionals were able to drive around town with the Cadillac crest and wreath on their vehicles.

For the past few years, the rest of the public was able to drive around in a caddy.

I am happy once again to see Cadillac rise to a luxurious level, even if it means we have to shell out around $50,000 for a CTS.

I'm okay with the 2008 pricing.

The price increase simply isn't that large. Comparably equipped, it's just a grand or two. Adjusted for inflation, it's probably less than the 2003 was.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 514 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I am kinda happy that Cadillac increased its CTS pricing like this.

Cadillac was always known as the... welll.... Cadillac of cars!

With the base-level CTS back in 2003-2007, heck, ANYONE could easily own a Cadillac... they were cheaper than a fully-loaded Accord!

Bums like you and me were able to easily afford a Caddy.

I knew all along that after a few years, when it was re-design time, we'd again be looking at a ~$50,000 ENTRY-LEVEL vehicle from Cadillac.

None of these prices shock me.

I think this will help elevate the brand to a more prestigious level once again.

Getting behind the wheel of a 2004-5-6-whatever CTS does not, in any way, smell or feel luxurious. Heck, the Impala the dealer gave me seemed more luxurious.

I'm very glad to see a decently base-level Caddy close to the $50K mark.

In my grandparents' and parents' day... only the most successful of athletes, businesspeople, and professionals were able to drive around town with the Cadillac crest and wreath on their vehicles.

For the past few years, the rest of the public was able to drive around in a caddy.

I am happy once again to see Cadillac rise to a luxurious level, even if it means we have to shell out around $50,000 for a CTS.

I'm okay with the 2008 pricing.
    As a Cadillac dealer that's the way I look at it too- restoring the brand. A lot of the people on these forums will disagree with you though, since all they care about is being able to get one cheap and then bitch about the features that are missing.

Points for an intelligent post.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

dwight.j.carter is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

The nice thing about owning or buying a cadillac is the high rate of depreciation in a few years I should be able to get a used one for cheap.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

exactly, buying brand new is almost stupid. just to have it depreciate 10g's just driving it off the lot. i just wait untill people return their lease and buy a loaded caddy for 15-20g's less. and ya still get a nice gm optimized warranty.
    brand new is for leasers.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

A guess - 09 V ? 11K more than a fully optioned CTS + Gas guzzler tax

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.