2008 CTS Prices Released - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2008 CTS Prices Released in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I think it's hilarious that everyone bitches about the quality of Cadillac interiors not being up to par with the ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: 2008 CTS Prices Released

I think it's hilarious that everyone bitches about the quality of Cadillac interiors not being up to par with the more expensive imports, but when Cadillac spends the money and makes a more upscale car the same people cry that it's too expensive.

*sigh*
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

The Black Dahlia is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS (NOW), 2004 CTS (Then), 2008 CTS (Then)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I think it's hilarious that everyone bitches about the quality of Cadillac interiors not being up to par with the more expensive imports, but when Cadillac spends the money and makes a more upscale car the same people cry that it's too expensive.

*sigh*

Tony- I couldn't agree more. Cadillac really stepped the game up for this car. From the research & design, to the overall execution. For some of you guys to say these things is absurd. If you want the Price of a nissan, then buy a nissan. If you want Luxury, you'll pay Luxury. I just really don't get the bitching.
    Now, the one thing im concerned with is their marketing for the 08' CTS...
    I REALLY hope they stop this whole subtle ad campaign. I realize they switched companies and have again stepped up, but it's the time to shine. Make it count I think..

Anyone have one on order yet? Deposits and all?

intrlude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L Cadillac CTS

Is saving his pennies for the V. And it better be awesome! For now will mod the 04' out. Modestly of course.

Wrestler07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

I'm happy with my 07!

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post

*sigh*
    I fully agree! At least you have the option to go full option. All the stuff that people wanted to see in a Cadillac and missed it in the CTS. Now you can get it. For a price...

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

vs BMW?? Re: $47k Cts

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    Nothing like buying a Cadillac with a souped up 6-banger "stickered" at $47K. What's next? A $70K Escalade?
    I ran through a “build your 3 series BMW" on-line.
    With all options ( including AWD ) the MSRP is over $55.5K.
    With a ‘6-banger’ - and a few LESS hp that the CTS w/DI...
    And a 5 series ( dimensions suggest that this may be a valid comparison ) with the same motor is ( ahem ) more . . .

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

As far as I'm concerned the CTS with 300hp DI V6 is an amazing feat.

With all wheel drive this is another huge plus for those of us trying to get our better halfs out of SUV's.

We looked at infiniti's, BMW's, the new MB C350 and the Cadillac.

As far as I am concerned as a buyer of this market segment and also as a person who is no stranger to wanting strong performance in a vehicle this new Cadillac is an amazing offering.

The interior is stunning and I'm just waiting to see the production version of the CTS before ordering one up.

I've seen the competition and its not as impressive especially when you consider the "VALUE" the CTS offers..

I'm impressed with the total package that Cadillac has been able to bring to the market. So much so that I believe I will speaking with my money to buy one.

Just my opinion. A great vehicle that is better than the competition when weighing in all factors.

kbevere is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

the all-new '08 CTS is nearly here, featuring a completely redesigned exterior and a pure luxury interior. Motivated by an advanced, available 304hp Direct Injection V6 engine, the all-new '08 CTS provides brisk acceleration to complement its styling. It also touts hand-cut and -sewn interior features and a host of available features including Bose® 5.1 Cabin Surround® Sound, 40 gig hard drive media storage, and UltraView sunroof. It's all the luxury you deserve, with the performance you've come to expect from Cadillac.

mkaresh is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    Yes, indirectly. J55 is included in Y42. Y42 is included in PDR. See my new thread with the Order Guide. It will answer all these type of questions.

The J55 Performance Brakes are only part of PDR is you order AWD. With RWD, they're only included with the Summer Tire Performance Package, and are already in the price. The reason for this is that AWD isn't available with the Summer Tire package, so they made the brakes available with the lesser package in that case.

Full pricing for the 2008 CTS now up on my site:

2008 Cadillac CTS pricing and specs

Zymurgy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX and 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Dahlia View Post
    ... Anyone have one on order yet? Deposits and all?

Yep. Last week it was at event status 3400.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    The J55 Performance Brakes are only part of PDR is you order AWD. With RWD, they're only included with the Summer Tire Performance Package, and are already in the price. The reason for this is that AWD isn't available with the Summer Tire package, so they made the brakes available with the lesser package in that case.

Full pricing for the 2008 CTS now up on my site:

2008 Cadillac CTS pricing and specs

Not according to the Order Guide:

1 - Not an orderable option. Included and only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is ordered. Additional charge for (J55) performance brakes will apply.

2 - Not an orderable option. Included and only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is ordered or with (Y43) 18" Summer Tire Performance Package when (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission RWD is ordered. No additional charge for (J55) performance brakes will apply.

Note 1 applies to the 6DM69
    Note 2 applies to the 6DP69

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by edsuski View Post
    Fully optioned 2007 approximately $41K MSRP

Fully optioned 2008 approximately $50K MSRP

Does this seem accurate to the rest of you?
    BTW, a fully optioned 2005 CTS w/ 1SC and special paint retailed for $45.5k.

mkaresh is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy View Post
    Not according to the Order Guide:

1 - Not an orderable option. Included and only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is ordered. Additional charge for (J55) performance brakes will apply.

2 - Not an orderable option. Included and only available with (Y42) 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package when (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmission AWD is ordered or with (Y43) 18" Summer Tire Performance Package when (MX0) 6-speed automatic transmission RWD is ordered. No additional charge for (J55) performance brakes will apply.

Note 1 applies to the 6DM69
    Note 2 applies to the 6DP69

This is exactly what I said, which makes sense since I'm using the same source. Note the AWD in note 1. That's for all-wheel-drive. And note 2 says that the brakes are only included with RWD when the pricier Summer Tire Package is also ordered, not with PDR alone.

If you order a RWD car with PDR and not the Summer Tire package, you do not get the performance brakes and are not charged the extra $395.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    This is exactly what I said, which makes sense since I'm using the same source. Note the AWD in note 1. That's for all-wheel-drive. And note 2 says that the brakes are only included with RWD when the pricier Summer Tire Package is also ordered, not with PDR alone.

If you order a RWD car with PDR and not the Summer Tire package, you do not get the performance brakes and are not charged the extra $395.

I stand corrected. You are right.

edsuski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    BTW, a fully optioned 2005 CTS w/ 1SC and special paint retailed for $45.5k.
    Chuck,

I was using the 2007 price for the current CTS minus the free audio package since I think it is a model close out type of deal and it turns out that a fully optioned 2008 CTS (sans the AWD) comes in at around $47,500 rather than $50K. A significant increase, but also significant improvements. We can't ask for major improvements and not expect to help finance them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.