Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'm Nik (Nicki) and I'm planning on making the 2008 CTS the first ever cadillac for me and my family. ...
    CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 04 Sienna, 07 GL 450, 07 Cobalt, 07 Avalanche

Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

I'm Nik (Nicki) and I'm planning on making the 2008 CTS the first ever cadillac for me and my family. It would be the first car I ever pay for by myself so I was wondering if it would be a better option to lease or buy. I am a college student with a job... I make around $400 a month and the car itself wouldn't be driven that much just to the train station and back to my house. I don't really know about leasing that much so any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

it depends are you planning on doing mods?

No... I figure since its a new car I really can't mod it yet since the mods aren't out haha

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

I have never leased and never plan to. Because at the end of all your payments, you still have nothing in your name.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    No... I figure since its a new car I really can't mod it yet since the mods aren't out haha
    rims, tint, you get the point

PS: i thought you owned a cadillac i see you in the lounge all the time.

samoskacts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

a lease is definately not the way to go, like jon said, nothing in your name after 2 years of payments, if you decide to buy it out, its also gonna be a ridiculous price to buy it out. Mileage can creep on you, you never know when you hit up a road trip or what not, you go over the miles and most lease contracts will have you by the short and curlies.

buy it outright, then its your CTS and you can do whatever you want with it.

BTW are you planning on throwing down one hell of a down payment?? an 08 CTS is not gonna be bought on a 400 dollar a month budget, this is not meant to be a harsh comment, but ask anyone else here with probably a 05 or hgigher and i bet there payments are around 400 if not plenty more a month.

Hopefully everything works out for ya

Quote Originally Posted by samoskacts03 View Post
    a lease is definately not the way to go, like jon said, nothing in your name after 2 years of payments, if you decide to buy it out, its also gonna be a ridiculous price to buy it out. Mileage can creep on you, you never know when you hit up a road trip or what not, you go over the miles and most lease contracts will have you by the short and curlies.

BTW are you planning on throwing down one hell of a down payment?? an 08 CTS is not gonna be bought on a 400 dollar a month budget, this is not meant to be a harsh comment, but ask anyone else here with probably a 05 or hgigher and i bet there payments are around 400 if not plenty more a month.

i have a 03 and i pay a little over $400 a month. look how you spelt higher lol

Quote Originally Posted by rblimas View Post
    i have a 03 and i pay a little over $400 a month. look how you spelt higher lol
    haha sorry brother it can stay that way, the point comes across, its a 40,000 dollar automobile and will just need a hefty down payment to be had on a 400 dollar a month budget, like say ohhhhhhhhhh 20,000 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    I'm Nik (Nicki) and I'm planning on making the 2008 CTS the first ever cadillac for me and my family.
    or maybe i misunderstood, whole fams pitching in?

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

i regret leasing mine, i love this car... however, a lease does have its upsides too.

i got in jan 06 and i'm at ten or 11 thous miles right now-- i put 2500 or 3500 down and am doing 409 a month for 36 months ...

my miles arent in bad shape... keeping it to 1200 a month isnt too hard for me cus i just go to school mon-fri and out on the weekends. down the shore the summertime and i'm going to college in a few months. Also, i go out with friends and gf a lot, we all take turns driving.

if ur gonna be using it for transportation from ur apartment/dorm to the trainstation and only earn 400 a month, you should consider a lease..
    ..u can probably do one for about 1500 down and 300+ a month.

good luck, let us know what u decide to do.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    ..u can probably do one for about 1500 down and 300+ a month.
    thats why leases are deceiving, 300 a month sounds splendid but is it really?? its like an apartment, why shovel your money to someone else to "loan" their car when you can be paying, maybe and most likely some more, for it to be yours! ill take the higher payment with my cadillac belonging to me in a few short years

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

my mileage is half what it should be at this point -- i'm in great shape -- what u think i should do when my lease is up? buy it out then sell it myself? try to make SOME money; seeing as to how i'll be a crap load of miles ahead of the game.. probably a little less than half of what i should have (guestimate of 43k at end of lease and actually only having like 25)..

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Yeah but leasing is really her only option at this point and time. She can't afford to pay for one. You are looking at a mid 30k- mid 40k at around 650-750 a month for one (depending on credit).

Oh... by the way babe I GET TO DRIVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by rblimas View Post
    rims, tint, you get the point

PS: i thought you owned a cadillac i see you in the lounge all the time.
    hehe rims no I don't own one sadly... hence why I want a CTS

Quote Originally Posted by samoskacts03 View Post

I know I have to show my parents that I can put $5K down and my dad may front me some of the money he has saved up for me over the years since I was a baby. From there I'll take over payments... if it is more than $400 I can probably pull some cash outta somewhere

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.