Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by CadillacETC1997 basically Nik jealous of the fact ive got caddys and the fact i just got this ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacETC1997 View Post
    basically
    Nik jealous of the fact ive got caddys
    and the fact i just got this new 03 STS and everyone in my family is like WOW nice car she wants a new car too
    I mean common ive had my ETC and this STS lol and now she wants to move away from her Hyundai days into a Lac
    I keep telling her forget the 08s though get a nice low miles 03 they are cheap as hell, heck i almost bought one but i wanted something bigger and the CTS was nothing more than a slower ETC to me so i got this STS.
    and leasing is dump as hell because she doesnt and wont own it, she cant modify it, every scratch dent or ding when she takes it in for them to "repo" it will be coming out of her wallet, it just isnt worth the hassle, but it, pay for it and enjoy a couple of years without a car payment....
    That was the stupidest thing I have read today. Ok since day one she's been saying she wants a Cadillac. So how can you say she is jealous? She said she wanted a CTS, has been saying so for a long time, well before you got that STS. So I fail to see your logic. Leasing has its advantages as well and the biggest one is it is more affordable.

BishopRuger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

I think some other mbrs have hinted toward this but if you only make $400 a month the CTS just isnt for you at this time. Finish college, bump up your salary and then go looking for an 08 CTS. Credit is very important and if you screw it up now just to ride around in a nice car you'll regret it and be paying for it for yrs to come. Its just not worth it. Needs always (or at least should) out weigh wants/desires.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    That was the stupidest thing I have read today. Ok since day one she's been saying she wants a Cadillac. So how can you say she is jealous? She said she wanted a CTS, has been saying so for a long time, well before you got that STS. So I fail to see your logic. Leasing has its advantages as well and the biggest one is it is more affordable.
    or thats her actual reason for spawning this thread she told me straight up, "jay you have a new car and now i want one too!"
    and to be honest every day its a new car
    one day she wants a Lade
    the next its an CTS
    least im constant, i want an STS-V plain and simple....

billab914 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

I have to agree with Bishop, I want the 08 bad too but I know financially it isn't the right move and I make 70k+. I'm 26 with a background in Finance and as much as I want the nicest car now I know that it is much more important to get myself financially stable. And no matter how much we love our cars they are still terrible investments, all they do is depreciate not appreciate like other investments. Make sure think about how much of your income will be going into a poor investment and how much is going into good investments for the next several years if you make the purchase. A lease will allow you to drive something you can't afford but again you are dumping all of your income to rent something. These can be critical years for younger people to save and get themselves out of credit card debt, get a down payment for a house, and accumulate assets which in turn will allow us to drive a much nicer car later on that we can afford. Unless you have a high paying job lined up after college I would hold off on buying one. A used 04 would be better but still not a good investment choice on that income at the moment.

Hope that didn't sound like a lecture, but I put a lot of thought into what I could afford when I got out of college with also setting myself up for the future. America in general has a problem with spending more then they can afford which isn't good.

BishopRuger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by billab914 View Post
    ...I want the 08 bad too but I know financially it isn't the right move and I make 70k+. I'm 26 with a background in Finance and as much as I want the nicest car now I know that it is much more important to get myself financially stable. And no matter how much we love our cars they are still terrible investments, all they do is depreciate not appreciate like other investments. Make sure think about how much of your income will be going into a poor investment and how much is going into good investments for the next several years if you make the purchase. A lease will allow you to drive something you can't afford but again you are dumping all of your income to rent something. These can be critical years for younger people to save and get themselves out of credit card debt, get a down payment for a house, and accumulate assets which in turn will allow us to drive a much nicer car later on that we can afford. Unless you have a high paying job lined up after college I would hold off on buying one. A used 04 would be better but still not a good investment choice on that income at the moment.

Hope that didn't sound like a lecture, but I put a lot of thought into what I could afford when I got out of college with also setting myself up for the future. America in general has a problem with spending more then they can afford which isn't good.
    Now that's real talk man, very very good advice.

CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra

Jay & Adam
    I have wanted a caddy for a long time which is true in Adam's post. I do fluctuate at what I wnat but I figured I knew I could not afford a Lade (it was almost as a little dream of mine to have one) so I kicked it down a notch to CTS. Jay you've fluctuated between a DTS and STS, don't just say STS-V coz you can be indecisive as well. Yes Jay I did tell you I wanted a caddy since every one in your fam is getting new cars but you know I've wanted one for a long time. I just haven't acted out that I really do want one until now.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopRuger View Post
    I think some other mbrs have hinted toward this but if you only make $400 a month the CTS just isnt for you at this time. Finish college, bump up your salary and then go looking for an 08 CTS. Credit is very important and if you screw it up now just to ride around in a nice car you'll regret it and be paying for it for yrs to come. Its just not worth it. Needs always (or at least should) out weigh wants/desires.
    Thanks... I guess I have to realize it. I appreciate the input

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Getting an STS-V Sarah? I GET TO DRIVE IT!
    It depends on whether they're still being made in a couple of years and what they look like, lol. Babe's only 7 months old so I can't let her go yet.

Awww I'll take her for you how much do you want?

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

[QUOTE=CadillacETC1997;1066659]basically
    Nik jealous of the fact ive got caddys
    and the fact i just got this new 03 STS and everyone in my family is like WOW nice car she wants a new car too
    I mean common ive had my ETC and this STS lol and now she wants to move away from her Hyundai days into a Lac
    I keep telling her forget the 08s though get a nice low miles 03 they are cheap as hell, heck i almost bought one but i wanted something bigger and the CTS was nothing more than a slower ETC to me so i got this STS.
    and leasing is dump as hell because she doesnt and wont own it, she cant modify it, every scratch dent or ding when she takes it in for them to "repo" it will be coming out of her wallet, it just isnt worth the hassle, but it, pay for it and enjoy a couple of years without a car payment....[/QUOTE]

ok so BASICALLY
    ..ur wrong

mines leased, i can modify it all i want. I sat with the dealer, review my contract, and asked what i can and cant do. I can do whatever i want to the car to enhance its appearance, "it only adds more value to the car," to quote the dealer. my dad had a mazda he leased years ago. When he returned it, it had some scratches on the exterior and the interior didnt look brand new either... they charged him 175 or something along that line for "wear and tear" .. to fix all the damage he it would have cost him more, however, the dealership just categorized it all under wear and tear and told him to pay the standard $175 fee for "wear and tear"

in the end, i pay less and drive the same car as someone who paid the full $43k.

lt is a good option to have
    nik u should really go talk to your local dealership, if things dont look good for a contemporary deal, ask when they are gonna have a special. If the future looks dull, and u still want a cts, get an 03 or 04 or w/e u can afford.
    ...but it just doesnt seem like a luxury automobile is what u need right now--trade your hyundai in and get a hyundai tiburon or a pontiac solstice or saturn sky (<-- i saw the redline version.. IN PERSON THAT THING IS SOO HOT!)
    just know that u have plenty of options

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    ok so BASICALLY
    ..ur wrong

mines leased, i can modify it all i want. I sat with the dealer, review my contract, and asked what i can and cant do. I can do whatever i want to the car to enhance its appearance, "it only adds more value to the car," to quote the dealer. my dad had a mazda he leased years ago. When he returned it, it had some scratches on the exterior and the interior didnt look brand new either... they charged him 175 or something along that line for "wear and tear" .. to fix all the damage he it would have cost him more, however, the dealership just categorized it all under wear and tear and told him to pay the standard $175 fee for "wear and tear"

in the end, i pay less and drive the same car as someone who paid the full $43k.

lt is a good option to have
    nik u should really go talk to your local dealership, if things dont look good for a contemporary deal, ask when they are gonna have a special. If the future looks dull, and u still want a cts, get an 03 or 04 or w/e u can afford.
    ...but it just doesnt seem like a luxury automobile is what u need right now--trade your hyundai in and get a hyundai tiburon or a pontiac solstice or saturn sky (<-- i saw the redline version.. IN PERSON THAT THING IS SOO HOT!)
    just know that u have plenty of options
    I'm probably seeing my dad in 2 weeks so he and I can officially talk it through and go up to Heritage Cadillac to see what they offer. I know I can't trade in the elantra since its my younger siblings car at the moment. I appreciate the help.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    I'm probably seeing my dad in 2 weeks so he and I can officially talk it through and go up to Heritage Cadillac to see what they offer. I know I can't trade in the elantra since its my younger siblings car at the moment. I appreciate the help.
    Heritage Cadillac in Lombard, I'm going there Saturday to check out an '05 CTS! My dad got his Escalade there, really great dealer.

You checking out the luxury white one? Looks nice Haha I like the 04 Blue Chip... I'd get that in a heart beat if I had some credict established. Thanks god they're a good dealer, thats the only one I've liked and near my house.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Yep, going to look at this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=13

Isn't it dreamy

Heritage always seems to have something nice in stock. Hopefully I can get it down to around $20,500 if everything comes through and I decide to get it. I want to try and sell my Seville privately too so I don't get screwed over on trading it in.

Nice :thumbup: she's a beauty! You probably could get it down to that. Good luck!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.