Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 100
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I think the 08 will have the 3.6 and the direct injected 3.6. You need service I'm sure James would ...
  1. #31
    Adam's Avatar
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingsport
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    I think the 08 will have the 3.6 and the direct injected 3.6. You need service I'm sure James would help you out...

  2. #32
    Adam's Avatar
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingsport
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    Ehhh we'll see...
    I'm not trying to bum you out babe. I just want you to see all angles before diving in. Even though it is a long way off. I'm just trying to help .

  3. #33
    CadillacGurl's Avatar
    CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,816

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by samoskacts03 View Post
    holy geez insurance

    i definately think in the end your gonna wanna have your dad pay insurance haha......

    BTW why 08??? you can get 04's in the 20's with descent mileage and 5 grand down your in the teens!!!! nothing wrong with certified pre owned...extended warranties are lovely haha
    I actually wanted to get an older CTS but eh I like the new ones...
    I found an 05 CTS 3.6 Black hehe oh the mods I could do...

  4. #34
    samoskacts03's Avatar
    samoskacts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    592

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    I actually wanted to get an older CTS but eh I like the new ones...
    I found an 05 CTS 3.6 Black hehe oh the mods I could do...
    i hear ya, but just keep it in the back burner, just because a brand new 40,000 dollar lux automobile is out of a 19-20 year olds price range (whoopdedoo its out of probably half middle aged peoples budgets too) dont take it as a hit....all us youngins find a solution one way or another, mine was a used CTS.

  5. #35
    the cadillac kid's Avatar
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    14,388

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    The thing is I won't be driving it that much just about 2 miles a day to the train station then home. I just have it there just incase if I wanna go on the night of the town or I need to drive back to Pitt for emergencies.
    2 miles/day times 31 days = 62 miles per month
    62 miles/month times 12 months a year = 744 miles per year
    744 miles/year times 4 years (standard 48 month lease) = 2976 miles over a 4 year course.

    with the occasionally drive back home and then back to school you're looking at like 10 thousand miles on your car when you'd be expected to have around 50,000 ... its not worth it to pay about 20 thousand dollars for a new 08 cts + insurance and other expenses just to have a nice car to drive to the train station and back or go out with the friends..

    ultimately, ur the boss... u just gotta look at the big picture and see whats the best thing to do

  6. #36
    CadillacGurl's Avatar
    CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,816

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by samoskacts03 View Post
    i hear ya, but just keep it in the back burner, just because a brand new 40,000 dollar lux automobile is out of a 19-20 year olds price range (whoopdedoo its out of probably half middle aged peoples budgets too) dont take it as a hit....all us youngins find a solution one way or another, mine was a used CTS.
    Yeah... if the deal doesn't go through I'll just resort to an older used one to modifiy...

  7. #37
    CadillacGurl's Avatar
    CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Downers Grove, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    18,816

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    2 miles/day times 31 days = 62 miles per month
    62 miles/month times 12 months a year = 744 miles per year
    744 miles/year times 4 years (standard 48 month lease) = 2976 miles over a 4 year course.

    with the occasionally drive back home and then back to school you're looking at like 10 thousand miles on your car when you'd be expected to have around 50,000 ... its not worth it to pay about 20 thousand dollars for a new 08 cts + insurance and other expenses just to have a nice car to drive to the train station and back or go out with the friends..

    ultimately, ur the boss... u just gotta look at the big picture and see whats the best thing to do
    Thanks I appreciate the numbers to put it in perspective.

  8. #38
    the cadillac kid's Avatar
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    14,388

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    --- good god how the hell'd u get that many rep points!!


    i'm telling ya, guys get jipped when it comes to rep points =/

  9. #39
    Jon's Avatar
    Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,587

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    One thing you guys are all forgetting...

    She's MAKING $400 / month... Surely there are other expenses she has to pay for?

    My monthly expenses on gas, food, etc are roughly $900-$1500. The worst part is, I have NO idea where it all goes to, until I see my credit card statement...

    I spend a ton on gas.

  10. #40
    Adam's Avatar
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingsport
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    I know the feeling. Last time I filled up it was 46 dollars for the CTS and 58 dollars for the Fleetwood.

  11. #41
    the cadillac kid's Avatar
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    14,388

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    gas hurts ... but when i'm low and broke, i try to park behind my dad's car so he's blocking me in, and ask to use his car to run somewhere. I dont come back for a while and if he needs to go somewhere he'll use my car--when he sees its low on gas, he fills it up--SCORE!!!

  12. #42
    samoskacts03's Avatar
    samoskacts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    592

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    gas sucks....

  13. #43
    Adam's Avatar
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingsport
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Damn... my dad would let it run out and leave it.

  14. #44
    Adam's Avatar
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Kingsport
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Yes gas prices blow.

    GET RT! *rabble rabble rabble rabble*

  15. #45
    Jon's Avatar
    Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,587

    Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    gas hurts ... but when i'm low and broke, i try to park behind my dad's car so he's blocking me in, and ask to use his car to run somewhere. I dont come back for a while and if he needs to go somewhere he'll use my car--when he sees its low on gas, he fills it up--SCORE!!!
    Yeah... my car always gets the left side of the garage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting