Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lease or Buy a 08 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...but the thing is ... if ur paying 400+ a month for a car... and u only make 400 a ...
    the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

Re: Lease or Buy a 08 CTS?

...but the thing is ... if ur paying 400+ a month for a car... and u only make 400 a month.... u'll have a pretty car, but one that cant take u to work or anywhere else u need to go (hint: GAS).

samoskacts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    I know I have to show my parents that I can put $5K down and my dad may front me some of the money he has saved up for me over the years since I was a baby. From there I'll take over payments... if it is more than $400 I can probably pull some cash outta somewhere
    hey you never know maybe your dad has some major dough saved up for you haha....in the end like adam said it may be your only option, so dont get down in the dumps about leasing yet...you can always finagle on a buy out price at the end and after your lease is up in a few years you could be on track to owning that CTS!!!

CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra

Quote Originally Posted by samoskacts03 View Post
    or maybe i misunderstood, whole fams pitching in?
    Nope my money and thats it... I'm not letting my siblings drive this car My family has never had a caddy in their family of cars. My parents thing they're old people cars

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac kid View Post
    my mileage is half what it should be at this point -- i'm in great shape -- what u think i should do when my lease is up? buy it out then sell it myself? try to make SOME money; seeing as to how i'll be a crap load of miles ahead of the game.. probably a little less than half of what i should have (guestimate of 43k at end of lease and actually only having like 25)..
    your not going to try to keep it?

hey you never know maybe your dad has some major dough saved up for you haha....in the end like adam said it may be your only option, so dont get down in the dumps about leasing yet...you can always finagle on a buy out price at the end and after your lease is up in a few years you could be on track to owning that CTS!!!
    haha oh believe me I'm afraid to find out how much he has... I'm hoping to one day own one so I figured I'd start off with the cheapest caddy up to date

i want a V ... if i cant have a v, i want the next best thing (my current cts)

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

You also gotta think about insurance too. And like said before, gas money. Unless your parents are gonna pay for it. Not trying to discourage you or nothing. Just putting it out there. It's going to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacETC1997sgurl View Post
    Nope my money and thats it... I'm not letting my siblings drive this car My family has never had a caddy in their family of cars. My parents thing they're old people cars
    I hear ya, my dads the only one blessed enough to drive mine and thats only cuz i need him to take care of maintence while im away haha.

Your parents feelings WILL change when you get that CTS haha

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You also gotta think about insurance too. And like said before, gas money. Unless your parents are gonna pay for it. Not trying to discourage you or nothing. Just putting it out there. It's going to be expensive.
    I know my parents are co-signing with me because I don't have any credit. Insurance I'll pay for along with gas. The thing is I won't be driving it that much just about 2 miles a day to the train station then home. I just have it there just incase if I wanna go on the night of the town or I need to drive back to Pitt for emergencies.

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Ok but insurance is still gonna be sky high. You are going to have to get full coverage (no choice there) for a brand new Cadillac driven by a 19 year old. It's gonna cost you.

this is also true, ok for some reason i really want this to work now haha so lets come up with a game plan, you got 5 k?? throw that down on the car, hopefully we get ya a descent monthly payment while leasing, ask your dad, who has so graciously saved a million dollars for ya over the years, to comprimise with you. Instead of you getting the money hes saved, ask him to take care of your insurance and toss you a full tank of gas here and there then when its time for maintence, go to the caddy dealer, flirt extremely extremely hard (possibly skin must be shown) take a service rep out to dinner and wala you have free services......phewwww that was exhausting.........but you have your CTS!!!!!! haha

idk wat available engine options there are for the o8, but in o6 it was 2.8 and 3.6 ... cts was advertised for 28k ... now, the price u c online and on tv is different than that when u go into the dealership. 2.8L with NO options was $28k retail, and a lease of 1500 down and 300 a month....
    lol i went in with my dad, trying to negotiate something on a 2.8 for the advertised 300 a month and 1500 down, wound up getting a 3.6, 2500-3500 down and 409 a month ... lol

what i'm trying to say is, the price you may see on this forum or from a cadi rep is the starting price on the most basic cts. .. meaning, leatherette, no sunroof, no xm, sound package, nav, heated seats, fold down seats, luxury package, sport package, etc etc etc

hope this is helping...

Ok . You are going to have to get full coverage (no choice there) for a brand new Cadillac driven by a 19 year old. .
    holy geez insurance

i definately think in the end your gonna wanna have your dad pay insurance haha......

BTW why 08??? you can get 04's in the 20's with descent mileage and 5 grand down your in the teens!!!! nothing wrong with certified pre owned...extended warranties are lovely haha

Ok but insurance is still gonna be sky high. You are going to have to get full coverage (no choice there) for a brand new Cadillac driven by a 19 year old. It's gonna cost you.
    Ehhh we'll see...

when its time for maintence, go to the caddy dealer, flirt extremely extremely hard (possibly skin must be shown) take a service rep out to dinner and wala you have free services......
    i tried that ... not only did i not get free service, but i never got a call back either.. nor will i ever get my other thing back

[sniff sniff] he told me he loved me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.