Put in LED DRLs and fogs - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Put in LED DRLs and fogs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I dont really care about reviews. A lot of reviews are fake anyway.. They work for me so im not ...
    blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Re: Put in LED DRLs and fogs

I dont really care about reviews. A lot of reviews are fake anyway.. They work for me so im not too worried about it. Im a satisfied customer

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Personally I'm going to keep looking for another alternative. It's only a DRL, I see no need for such an exotic setup for a light that really does nothing other than show some visible light if somebody looks at the front of my car in the daylight when it's running down the road. And $50 each? OK, I'll admit it, I'm old and cheap. Now if these were for my regular headlights, or fogs, yes, I can see the value there. But for DRL's, which I don't car about...nope.

Its 50$ for a set. I replaced my fogs with the same intensity lights as well. So all my lights have a white/blue glow. DRL are the lights that are on the most so I like them to look nice. So im glad I did mine I think they look a lot better than the regular amber ones.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

50 for the set, that makes it more bearable, but I still can't see it for the DRL's. I must have overlooked that set designation....and I know I looked for it. The only time I see mine are if I'm behind a dark colored vehicle in traffic. Mine are never yellow when I'm out of the car walking away.

I'd like to find that bulb with just the top element for a DRL. No need for the LED's on the sides. But for those like yourself that are looking for the appearance as well, it's what you want and worth the price. I just want a DRL that I won't have to replace again. If it wasn't for a mandatory inspection, I could care less about DRL's

----------

Ah, there it is "2 pieces (a pair) "

Your DRLs are only on when the car is completely on. So when you turn your car off and walk away thats your headlights that are on if anything. I just think it cleans up the look of the car up front. Im not a big fan of the amber cause it adds like a gold to the car where as my car is black and chrome so the white light gives it more of a chrome look to match the car. I think it looks a lot better IMO. I haven't added pics of the white ones only the blue ones so I guess I should do that whenever I get the chance so you can see what Im talking about huh?

TSoup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD Performance

Diode Dynamics is offline Cadillac Lighting Experts
    Automobile(s): None

If you are looking for a high quality H11 bulb, check out our XP LEDs: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/l...-size/h11.html

They produce 510 measured lumens, and come backed with a 3-year warranty

These will actually provide you with usable light output at night (I apologize for not having a Cadillac to post just yet):

Plus forum members receive free-shipping if you PM us for the code

Nick C.
    blkillac likes this.

wish you would have commented earlier..

Diode Dynamics is offline Cadillac Lighting Experts
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by blkillac View Post
    wish you would have commented earlier..
    I'll have threads up soon with vehicle specific lighting upgrades. We just moved into our new facility and will be looking for more Cadillac vehicles for comparison shots

But we have products that fit every location

Nick C.

I saw the block ad and actually clicked but was discouraged when not specifically finding a DRL listing. Even the "all exterior" fails to point to the front end of the vehicle to click the desired bulb. I hear you're saying H11 but what specific H11 bulb is for the Cadi DRL?? I can't tell and that's why I clicked away although I did give it a try...[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

I guess I'll wait to see the revised listing...

Quote Originally Posted by TSoup View Post
    I saw the block ad and actually clicked but was discouraged when not specifically finding a DRL listing. Even the "all exterior" fails to point to the front end of the vehicle to click the desired bulb. I hear you're saying H11 but what specific H11 bulb is for the Cadi DRL?? I can't tell and that's why I clicked away although I did give it a try...[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

I guess I'll wait to see the revised listing...
    TSoup, H11 bulb is not for DRL it is for the fog lights on our vehicles. If you click the link that he gave above these work for the fogs "H11 SMD18 (pair), H11 HP8 (pair), H11 XP80 (pair)" the rest of them do not fit our cars. Maybe the HID kit would if the conversion ballast is plug and play with the fog light housing but I would be skeptical. Plus I hardly run my fogs so upgrading to HID fogs and spending that much on the light would be a waste for me. If you are looking for DRL the bulb number is H16/5201/5202

Oh okay. No my fogs are fine as is...just need replacement DRL. Thanks for clarifying. I'll stick to what I was doing w/the H16/5202 (5201) search.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.