Put in LED DRLs and fogs - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Put in LED DRLs and fogs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by Slee_Stack Any picture of the 10mm bolt in the wheel well to remove? I couldn't find it ...
    blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Re: Put in LED DRLs and fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    Any picture of the 10mm bolt in the wheel well to remove? I couldn't find it when I went to swap my DRLs.

I like all your mods, but be wary that blue (or red) lights on a vehicle front are illegal. Its limited to emergency vehicles. Hopefully you won't be harassed.
    I wasnt aware that it was illegal thanks for the info! and the 10mm bolt in the wheel well is above the upper clip that you took out. Once you peel back the inner plastic there its pointing straight down at the ground.

Ill be dropping my bumper here again shortly because I just noticed my actual headlight isnt coming on. I think I burnt it out with the hair dryer when I was removing the condensation.. What was I thinking..? So I will take pictures and post them when I do that. Ill take pics of all the clips and bolts.

J Bubba is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS

I like the painted grill a lot. Especially how you left the vertical chrome accents. Gives it that little POP of bright in contrast to the black. Very tasteful. I want to do that to mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by J Bubba View Post
    I like the painted grill a lot. Especially how you left the vertical chrome accents. Gives it that little POP of bright in contrast to the black. Very tasteful. I want to do that to mine now.
    Thanks! Yeah that was a timely project the way I did it because I taped everything off cause I didnt feel like picking off extra plastidip. I also cleared the plasti dip to make it less of a matte black and to make it match the car more.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

looks great, nice work

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    Any picture of the 10mm bolt in the wheel well to remove? I couldn't find it when I went to swap my DRLs.

I like all your mods, but be wary that blue (or red) lights on a vehicle front are illegal. Its limited to emergency vehicles. Hopefully you won't be harassed.
    heres that pic for you. if you follow the crack between your bumper and grill to the wheel well that is where it is at.

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Thanks for the picture. That should help me alot. I'll be away this weekend, but will give the bulb swap another try the weekend after.

I was looking way off where I thought the bolt would be....

not a problem if you need any more help let me know! it took me a while to find that bolt too.

TSoup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD Performance

Does anyone have details (info and pics) after the headlight assembly is off/out - to show what it looks like; to show the OEM bulb in and or out (a pic of the bulb)??? This is one of "many" that pop up when researching a replacement bulb: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

LED seems a better upgrade 'replacement' choice but having never seen the original bulb and the receptacle it resides, I have no idea how to validate if these bulbs will work. I'm also concerned about staying within normal operating voltage and wattage etc. And the over-arching bottom line is that having to take off the bumper, I want to make sure when I do take it off, I have the correct equipment to replace the bulbs!! Only one is out, but I'm inclined to replace both while I'm in there. Thanks for info.

p.s. I only see a few posts about here and googling keeps taking me to the CTS-V Forum...which should be similar however I believe those folks are doing different things to their Vs...lol

TSoup,

I ended up taking my blue DRLs out seeing as I could be pulled over for that. I replaced them with the white ones that you have in that link right there. Those are the exact same ones that I used, and they will fit. The OEM bulb that comes out looks like a regular incandescent bulb attached to the base you see there in the pic. The bulb really doesnt matter its more of the base so it is a plug and play fit. The link you have in your previous post will fit the DRL, but will not fit the fog lights.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Am I reading that link right? A 50Watt LED?

there are multiple leds. I used 35w.

blkillac,

thx for the info. Now to find a similar one in the USA...just notice that one is from Hong Kong!! There's more on Ebay than my 1st choice of purchasing Amazon...and the one's on Amazon has some mixed reviews. So I'm trying to sort all that out. Nobody wants to take off a bumper just to replace a bulb that might go bad less than a year later!!

Here is the link to the ones I bought

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/809...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmmm...no reviews on it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.