Cadillac Owners Forum banner

AWD and Wheel/Tire Combo

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Char T A 
#1 ·
I am requesting photos of all combos wheel/tires for the 11' and 12' MY cts4.I read and review all the info I can and understand that larger wheel/tire will affect the ride quality to a degree.My question is we are unable to adjust height at this time with awd and I do not think a staggered set up is optimal,so what size wheel/tire combo will give the appearance and ride.(9" wide wheel with 20" tire)...(8.5" wide with 20") you get the idea.Let me know what you guys know....thanks ...Dave:banghead:

#2 ·
hello, I used to come up with the same question that u are having right now. You definitely can run staggered as long as u keep the overall diameter the same
option 1 245-40-20, revs : 750 285-35-20, revs: 746
However there are some folks running 245-45-20 and 275-40-20 - I am not sure if it will fit
I am ordering a new set of 245-40-20. I would prefer this, since we can always do a rotation

#3 ·
Thanks, I have read every thing I can and do see that if you keep revs about the same you should not have a trans issue.I feel that being able to rotate tires is far more important than great looks ,but staggered does look killer.Just looking for optimal width of wheel and tire size with regards to an awd cts.

#4 ·
Keep the front and rear tires with in 3 revolutions per kilometer of each other and your transfer case clutch integrity should not be affected. No need to be concerned about the tranny. My summer wheel tire combo is 255/35/20 on a 10" rim up front and 295/30/20 on an 11" rim in back. Keep in mind regardless of how much homework you do and how close to perfect you get it up sized wheels will cause your wheel bearings to wear out quicker...that's what I've been told anyway.

If I could do it over again I would keep the 11" rear but go 9" or 9.5" max up front for the current non V. The plan is to switch to a V in the next year or so so the 10" will be able to accommodate the 275s I plan on putting up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.