Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wheel color for Thunder Gray cars?

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  nkoulian 
#1 ·
I'm picking up a Thunder Gray car tomorrow and have every intention of replacing the 18" stock with 19" staggered. By rule I'm a big fan of grey/hyper-black/gun metal wheels. But I'm not so sure with this Chromaflair color. It's ability to appear tinged with hints of green, or blue, or whatever, makes it hard for me to determine a wheel color. I Googled numerous times looking for images of others, but didn't come across a whole lot.

So, thought I'd get some opinions from here.

1. Dark metal on Thunder?

OR

2. Bright metal like stock alloys?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If this is any help to you I have 20's I'm sending off at some point and having them sprayed thunder gray chromaflair. They are two piece rims and the lip will remain polished. I think it will look sick!

Looking at the wheel close up that caliper looks so dingy.

#4 ·
When I was looking for wheels for my coupe I saw a thunder gray coupe with matte graphite wheels on the Vossen website. It was what made my pick the wheels I went with even though i got a different colour. The link below shows a few cts' with Vossen wheels but there are two in thunder gray. One with the matte graphite and one with bright silver. They also have videos for both of them. Maybe that will help you figure out what you prefer. http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/CarPhotos/cadillac.aspx

#5 ·
Jagillac said:
When I was looking for wheels for my coupe I saw a thunder gray coupe with matte graphite wheels on the Vossen website. It was what made my pick the wheels I went with even though i got a different colour. The link below shows a few cts' with Vossen wheels but there are two in thunder gray. One with the matte graphite and one with bright silver. They also have videos for both of them. Maybe that will help you figure out what you prefer. http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/CarPhotos/cadillac.aspx
Thanks for that. I ended up ordering a set of titanium grey wheels. That coupe with all the blackout looked killer. I may go that route.

#9 ·
Thanks MD! Something about the 7 spoke (in this case in twos) design that I've always found them visually balanced. Going from 18s to 20s, with the tires having a lower profile, have you noticed any difference in handling, harshness, increase in road noise? Also, did you have to make any other mods or just bolt on?

#10 ·
No problem man. They are definitely louder and heavier so the pep at the bottom end isn't as responsive until you get rolling. It's also slightly more of a stiff feeling ride but not necessarily better handling. Regardless of the negatives I would do it again in a heart beat!

#11 ·
Thanks, MD! My choice I'd say would be 19s tops. As in the movie UP, the dog freezes and goes "squirrel!" I do the same while driving "noise!", "rattle!" and so on when I hear something unusual... ;-) But so far, after fixing a few very minor rattles, the car is a smooth ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.