Cadillac Owners Forum banner

08 CTS Non HID headlight assembly switch to OEM HID assembly

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  smca 
#1 · (Edited)
the title is pretty self explanatory... I've got halogen assemblies (pictured below), want to switch them out for HID assemblies (pictured below). i've had aftermarket hid bulbs installed for about a year, they look really nice. but the assemblies are starting to yellow slightly so i'm considering replacing the entire assembly for the factory xenon ones. theres people on ebay selling them for like $150 a piece, probably without the D1S xenon bulbs.

question is has anyone else done this? i may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the D1S bulb (pictured below) is a built in ballast bulb, and also its connector looks different than the current halogen wire harness connector (pictures below) that i'm currently using for my aftermarket hid's. anyone know where to find this harness, or how much it might cost to make this conversion?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks smca, i've got the new headlights and i'm ready to put them in. i've read through as many as i can find, but i've seen so many others that have gotten their DRL's to work, and i'm curious how they can work normally if you have to pull out the DRL fuse...doesn't make sense how they can work without a fuse

#5 ·
The only way you can get the DRLs to work is if you rewire it to bypass the harness. Yes, there are a few people who have done this. Its a little more work than what I'm willing to do. I installed the Philips Daylight8 LED DRLs. Way better looking than the standard DRL imo. I did the V-bumper swap so I installed mine just below the fog light bezel.

View attachment 196913

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.