Why are my LED Map Lights Flashing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Why are my LED Map Lights Flashing? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just installed white led lights into my car (2009 CTS) to replace the incandescent light bulbs and I'm having ...
    Vance9991 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Why are my LED Map Lights Flashing?

I just installed white led lights into my car (2009 CTS) to replace the incandescent light bulbs and I'm having one issue! Whenever a car door is open the map lights will briefly flash on and off for an instant and repeat that process once every about 15 seconds until the door is shut. Now when I turn my car off and exit the car they will continue to flash as long as my exit lights would stay on. It's not a huge deal but if it's able to be fixed then that would obviously be nice. A couple other pieces of info, I don't know if this matters or not in this situation, when I first installed the led map lights they would turn very dim and have a "strobe" effect I then turned on my ignition and they worked fine, the other issue is that my exit lights will not turn on when leaving the vehicle (except for the courtesy lights in the bottom of the doors) this is not a big deal at all but I didn't know if that pertained to this issue at all. Thank you for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Why are my LED Map Lights Flashing?

The map lights do that cool auto dim thing which works well with incandescent lamps and not so well with some LED's replacements which shut off at some voltage threshold.

Is there any fixing it? Is it bad for the car? Also, is there a reason my interior lights don't turn on when I turn my car off or open the doors to get in? Thank you!

C "T" ess is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I've seen this problem before. If unplugging and reinstalling the light does not fix the problem it might be the bulbs. Are you using SMD's or leds. I switched to all SMDs and have had no problems. The bulbs I'm using in my 2012 came from my 2010 when I traded it in so they have been doing very good. I have them in every light in the car.

daign is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Voltage fluctuation. often occurs when you're using cheap LED bulbs. Contact the manufacturer. A diode will usually fix this.

Correction I missed the autodim function. The voltage drops, LEDs need constant voltage. Lose the LEDS or lose the Autodim.

You're exactly right daign, I chose to lose the autodim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.