Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Red MGP Caliber Covers & complete polish

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  StEvO_1222 
#1 ·
I just installed a set of MGP Caliber covers on my 2012 SW, they look better than I thought they would against my black CTS SW with chrome powered coated 19". Took them over to a tire center my buddy owns and they were on in about 20 min. I also spent the past two days wheeling my paint out with three steps of polish, one machine sealer coat, one machine glaze coat and a top coat of very hard carnauba wax...all products from Adams Polishes.
…..after spending about 15 hours on my car my wife thinks I’m a little off….

Tom

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, when the vehicle was new, a year ago, I had Detroit Wheel & Tire powered coat my OEM's, the process they use is called PVD Chrome it's available in bright chrome and black chrome. Mine is the bright chrome, but I must say it's a little darker chrome then you would normally see on other chrome wheel and I very much like the look. Here is a link to their website and they do have an exhange program where they send you new coated rims and you send back your OEM's. The cost with the exchange is $800.

https://detroitwheelandtire.com/

Tom

#13 ·
Yep, when I ordered the covers I made sure they were the right set for the J55's and they fit Perfectly. Also when the car was brand new, only a week old, I swapped out the Semi-metallic pads on the
J55's for ceramic pads because I couldn't stand the brake dust every night. At about the same time I also had Detroit Wheel and Tire do a chrome powdercoat on the OEM 19"s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.