Black caddy,rims, carbon fiber, wing, tint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Black caddy,rims, carbon fiber, wing, tint in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I did the things to my cts that I set out to but now ran out of ideas. I've lowered ...
    stealther is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Black caddy,rims, carbon fiber, wing, tint

I did the things to my cts that I set out to but now ran out of ideas.
    I've lowered it with Eibachs. Put a wing on it, tinted windows, rims/tires (staggered), carbon fiber film on roof, custom floor mats, grille chrome kit, and a clear bra by InvisibleMask.com

I don't want to change the grille or do any tinted lights.
    I'm out of mods. (also don't want to do motor mods since i have a warranty).

So any other mod ideas under $1000 ?

cad1.jpg

cad2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

andrewhuynh1995 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS

Re: Black caddy,rims, carbon fiber, wing, tint

wow, that looks amazing! What did you do to the top of the cadillac?

Thanks!

The top is a carbon fiber film made by 3M. Won't do any damage to the paint and goes on dry. It is actually really cool stuff to work with and just peels off when I decide to remove it. They have different colors too (white and graphite).

I gotta say, Ive owned a lot of cars over the years (including bmw and lexus) and Cadillac is my favorite for sure. They really build great cars and this is an 08 so I can't imagine what a 2014 must be like !! Awesome cars and SUVs !

A little off topic, I test drove a new camaro before this cts and I was in love with the look. After a 5 minute drive I determined I hated the camaro. Something about the inside of one that I couldn't wait to get out. Not sure if it was the small windows or what. So from now on, when I am car shopping the first place I will go is the Cadillac dealer!

KLX
    KLX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe
    Looks good quick question how is the ride with the springs and I assume you have 20's on there how wide are the rims....

The back wheels are wider because I wanted to fill in the space and I will need to find out, I bought them last year so I can't remember. Drawback is I can't rotate the tires now.
    The springs did make the ride a little rougher. Its a trade off, the ride was great before but looked too high. Now it looks perfect but I miss having that smooth ride sometimes. I could switch back but I like the look too much.

So if you don't mind the stock height then don't get the springs. But if you look at your car and think "wish it was lower" all the time then I'd get them. I'd say it rides like a small BMW now. I have no idea why Eibach can't make springs that ride like stock but just 1/2 or 1 inch lower. Doesn't seem that tough to do!

Gerry1946 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

That carbon film looks cool. I'll bet it could double as a paint protector if applied to the front around the grill (or is this plastic???) and perhaps on the leading edge of the hood. Might be able to design a nice looking shape to apply to part of the hood.

monogram124 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sweet ride! Have you painted the rear diffuser black yet?
    Any more pics of the front? I'd like to see how the clear bra looks. How high does it go? I keep getting rock chips on my hood.

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

You could always add an axle back exhaust. Nice stainless mufflers, larger tips and a subtle grumble... We have one if your interested and it fits your budget too. I like your carbon roof wrap, looks sweet. I am considering adding that to my sportwagon roof and hood. Did you self install?

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

CaddyWebb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

More Pics! :-)

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have been considering this roof wrap for some time. Now I may have the courage to go for it. I ordered a sample of the Black Carbon Fiber and 1080 Sample Deck here (FREE):

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...equestSamples/

A couple of months ago I used the sample to black out the rear side markers.

json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by KPE
    You could always add an axle back exhaust. Nice stainless mufflers, larger tips and a subtle grumble... We have one if your interested and it fits your budget too. I like your carbon roof wrap, looks sweet. I am considering adding that to my sportwagon roof and hood. Did you self install?
    Can you send me exhaust options for my 2011 cts coupe?

Thanks

cdichip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice RIMS !! I put the same ones on and painted them the car colour pearl white

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet
    Had something similar on my 6 series...brake dust was a nightmare on a Bimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by cdichip
    Nice RIMS !! I put the same ones on and painted them the car colour pearl white

Envy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V COUPE BLACK DIAMOND EDITION
    Really like the carbon roof... Definitely gave me a thought...

Stance is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4

Quote Originally Posted by stealther View Post
    Thanks!

The top is a carbon fiber film made by 3M. Won't do any damage to the paint and goes on dry. It is actually really cool stuff to work with and just peels off when I decide to remove it. They have different colors too (white and graphite).

I gotta say, Ive owned a lot of cars over the years (including bmw and lexus) and Cadillac is my favorite for sure. They really build great cars and this is an 08 so I can't imagine what a 2014 must be like !! Awesome cars and SUVs !

A little off topic, I test drove a new camaro before this cts and I was in love with the look. After a 5 minute drive I determined I hated the camaro. Something about the inside of one that I couldn't wait to get out. Not sure if it was the small windows or what. So from now on, when I am car shopping the first place I will go is the Cadillac dealer!
    i agree, i drove one of the new comaros and its the windows.. very limited view. i couldnt be relaxed driving that car i felt like i was fighting just to be able to see out of the damn car...the hummer h2 and 3's are the same. just a royal pain in the butt to see out of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.