Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Got my wheels back from Weldcraft Wheels today. The 9X19 CTS-V front wheels had 2" added and are now 11" ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels

Got my wheels back from Weldcraft Wheels today. The 9X19 CTS-V front wheels had 2" added and are now 11" at the tire bead, 12" total. They will go on the rear with 11mm spacers and Goodyear Eagle F! 295/35-19 tires. The 9X19.5 wheels from the rear are now on the front, also with 11mm spacers, and for now, the stock 285/35-19 Michelin PS2 tires. Tires were to good to take off right now so I will run them for awhile.

If all goes well I will have them mounted and post photos by end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed that the pesky trailing arm does"t cause problems.

I still have some sanding and polishing to do on the inside (visible, not where the air goes.HA!) surface. Hopefully, with the larger Brembo rotors, the welds will not show to much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels

One word, WOW!

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    One word, WOW!
    My word would of been, why?

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    My word would of been, why?
    Why not?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    Why not?
    Yes, because you can! Your car, your money, your taste!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Yes, because you can! Your car, your money, your taste!

Marv
    Thank you sir, couldn't have said it better.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Can't wait to see the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    Can't wait to see the pics!
    Wheels are 9X19 CTS-V front wheels widened to 11" (12" outside) with 11mm spacers and 295/35ZR-19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 N0 (Porsche) XL tires (long name but there are other versions of this tire). The tire section width is 12", same as wheel so the sidewalls are vertical.

I had to remove a small piece of the fender liner and remove a couple of mm from the trailing arm and lower control arm. Clearance is good and the tires are even with the fender.

It's been raining so I should have cleaned the undercarriage first. There is no room for for more.

The front 285/35-19 Michelin PS2 on 9.5" wheels.

Look what I found on the inside of the right front Michelin tire. BIG sidewall blister. (Goodyears will arrive Tuesday)

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I had to remove a small piece of the fender liner and remove a couple of mm from the trailing arm and lower control arm
    Did you load test the trailing arm with a "couple of mm removed" ? That is hysterical. Are you going to ride with your wife and kids too?? Let us know when you need a failure analysis done on the trailing arm.

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    Did you load test the trailing arm with a "couple of mm removed" ? That is hysterical. Are you going to ride with your wife and kids too?? Let us know when you need a failure analysis done on the trailing arm.
    I'm happy with the integrity and safety of the modifications. Seriously, CTS-V rears on the front is not the look I'm going for. Had I known you were actually running this setup I would not have taken such a harsh stand. Each to his own when it comes to his car mods.

Please, no more personal attacks as you did on the other thread or this will get ugly and big brother will shut it down.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Excuse me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You started with the personal attacks. Not me. You started mouthing off with "offset" comments, and meanwhile, you created a wheel....... (without your wheel in front of me) I say you created a wheel with 76.4mm offset. No wonder your grinding your trailering arms, and cutting your control arms to gain clearance.

You should have done some basic math and offset calculations before creating an 11" wheel with that offset. You might as well tub the car, and really put some rubber in there. Or start with the coupe rear wheels, and then add your 2 inches. You would have had 12" wheels; they would stick out a little, but you wouldn't be grinding away your suspension for clearance.

I don't know if anyone is interested in a comparison of the modified wheels to the original but here it is.

I think this graft shows the relationship of the wheels and the numbers are very close (+/- .1")

The wheels with spacers fit without touching anything. The tire touched the lower corner of the fender liner and that has been discussed here by people who have mounted 305 tires. This was easily corrected. The very small amount of grinding was done to insure the rim protector bead on the tire would not touch the trailing are or lower control arm.

My goal was to mount 285/35 on the front and 295/35 on the rear and keep the tires in line with the fenders and I'm very happy with the results.

Excuse me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You started with the personal attacks. Not me. You started mouthing off with "offset" comments, and meanwhile, you created a wheel....... (without your wheel in front of me) I say you created a wheel with 76.4mm offset. No wonder your grinding your trailering arms, and cutting your control arms to gain clearance.

You should have done some basic math and offset calculations before creating an 11" wheel with that offset. You might as well tub the car, and really put some rubber in there. Or start with the coupe rear wheels, and then add your 2 inches. You would have had 12" wheels; they would stick out a little, but you wouldn't be grinding away your suspension for clearance.
    Since the offending post was in another forum, here is what I said:

You could just run the coupe rear wheels without spacers up front. 10", no spacers to worry about. I am anti spacer.
    You really should stop smoking whatever it is that gives you "the blur" dude. Ever here the word "offset"?
    You have got to be kidding, right?

On the other hand I have never used spacers before and don't like using them but I could"t get to where I wanted to go without them.

Yes, I did start it. But the though of the CTS-V 10" wheels on the front struck me as so outrageous I thought you must be kidding. And the joking about your name "the blur" now that was funny. As I said below I try not to be real critical someone else's car but everyone has an opinion and I did not know you were running that setup.

If you had followed my post you would know that my goal was to put the widest tire I can in the front and rear and within the fender outside edge. As shown in the graft below the 9.5 with 11mm spacer and the wheel I had modified with 11mm spacer make that happen.

Keep in mind, this is the appearance thread, not performance.

So, let's see some pictures of your car.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Better load up on wheel bearings. Your off-set is going to put an unintended strain on the hubs. You best make friends with your local alignment shop because you will probably need to be there often.

arnold18998 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I didn't know u could stretch rims!!! That looks awesome!!great mod

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.