Painted headlights, halo install, blackout grille.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, Painted headlights, halo install, blackout grille. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys and girls. Just wanted to start a thread about my modifications in progress. Dropped my car off at ...
    TheBeastSS2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Painted headlights, halo install, blackout grille.

Hey guys and girls. Just wanted to start a thread about my modifications in progress.

Dropped my car off at the shop today and will pick up tomorrow. I had my factory Headlights painted black inside, getting plasma halos installed on the high and low beams, and installing a black grille. These are pretty much my first appearance mods. I did plasti dip my grille last week and loved it, but decided to get the black out grille so that I don't have to continue to touch up the plasti dip once or twice a month. I will post photos tomorrow. If anyone has painted their headlights black or gotten halos please post photos here. I would love to see how your car looks.

Just some stock photos of the products I'm getting installed. That halos though are plasma and not SMD

Right headlight painted and installed

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Painted headlights, halo install, blackout grille.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Marv

Here is a shot at the right headlight painted and installed. The halos look different colors but they aren't lol. It's an optical illusion

----------

----------

gflo9229 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS AWD Luxury
    Beast, your car looks sick. I'm thinking about plasti dipping the grill and adding those halos for my CTS too!

Here's a few pics of my dip work on the rims, emblems, and tail lights. Sorry for my car being a little dirty btw:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gflo9229 View Post
    Beast, your car looks sick. I'm thinking about plasti dipping the grill and adding those halos for my CTS too!

Here's a few pics of my dip work on the rims, emblems, and tail lights. Sorry for my car being a little dirty btw:
    Your car looks great too! If you are on the edge about getting the halos...DO IT!!! Its worth the money, I also had the chrome inside my headlights painted matte black too while they were apart, and it looks amazing. I swapped out the plasti dip grille though for a different grille, and I love it.

bflat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hey,

How's the quality for the grille from GrilleWorld? Also, did you have any issues with shipping from them?

Appearance wise the grille looks great. The bottom grille was extremely easy to put on, but the upper grille wasn't as easy. It required trimming the metal tabs that slide into the bumper assembly. But I've gotten a ton of compliments about the grille. And I only paid 200 for the pair, compare that to the 500-700 dollars other companies are asking for, and its well worth it. Shipping was a breeze. Came in two separate boxes.

bflat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastSS2 View Post
    Appearance wise the grille looks great. The bottom grille was extremely easy to put on, but the upper grille wasn't as easy. It required trimming the metal tabs that slide into the bumper assembly. But I've gotten a ton of compliments about the grille. And I only paid 200 for the pair, compare that to the 500-700 dollars other companies are asking for, and its well worth it. Shipping was a breeze. Came in two separate boxes.
    Sounds like low risk to me, at 200. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks.

json3144 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Black Ice
    Thanks for the info on the grill, been looking for a reasonably priced black out for a while.

How did the shop separate your lenses? Bake them?

Thanks

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Wow i love the look of the Halo! Defenitely gunna try to convince the wife to let me do this haha

transam00 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Love the halo too . I going to pick up a 2009 cts soon . WTF is with the car dealers drilling holes in the bumper for front plates. Some of these cars are almost 50000.00 .would they dothat to a vette or jag.

andrewhuynh1995 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS
    Someone told me on this forum that these headlights leaked or something? How are they holding up for you guys?

D VADER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Sport Wagon

So where do you get Halos and how much?

D VADER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Sport Wagon

Whoops..don't know when they made the change but my 2013 top light is square so the Halo won't apply.

jimmie jam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

Looks good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.