CTS-V Headlight Swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, CTS-V Headlight Swap in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am just about ready to pull the trigger on buying a pair of CTS-V Headlights with the black housing. ...
    dm16raiders is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

CTS-V Headlight Swap

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on buying a pair of CTS-V Headlights with the black housing. It is just a plug-and-play correct? I have an 08 CTS with the separate High and Low beams.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GProdigy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: CTS-V Headlight Swap

Quote Originally Posted by dm16raiders View Post
    I am just about ready to pull the trigger on buying a pair of CTS-V Headlights with the black housing. It is just a plug-and-play correct? I have an 08 CTS with the separate High and Low beams.
    yep..just plug and play...I did it a month or so ago here's the tread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-upgrade.html

I took out the DRL fuse, b/c everyone else said to do that. Not sure why its necessary, but I did it just incase. no problems.

dm16raiders is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

Is it correct that the DRL's function through the Low/High Beam light and not the LED box by the turn signals?

Quote Originally Posted by dm16raiders View Post
    Is it correct that the DRL's function through the Low/High Beam light and not the LED box by the turn signals?

they function in the box under the turn signals...which is in the center.

you can search to see if someone did the swap without pulling the fuse..
    but other than that its pretty straight forward...b/c the HID ballast is built into the light...there's only one plug to connect the car and the light

noshelter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

my question is the bulbs. since i have the base halogen's, it has a different wire connector/harness to connect to the new headlight housings that have HID bulbs/ballasts dosn't it? also, how did you get your daytime running lights (above the projector low beams) to work normally?

THis is my car....i was just showing u were the DRL's were in the picture above.

They ballast is part of the light as a whole so you do not have to install it separately. literally one plug to connect the light

My DRL's are always off.

the car's lights still turn on automatically, They also do a sequence when the door is unlocked

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-upgrade.html

i've seen people that got the DRL's to work normally though. but since some say you have to pull out the DRL fuse, i don't see how the DRL's can work at all. the guy with the silver car above has the DRL's working. I have my new lights and i'm ready to put them in, but yea i want the whole thing to function properly

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by noshelter
    i've seen people that got the DRL's to work normally though. but since some say you have to pull out the DRL fuse, i don't see how the DRL's can work at all. the guy with the silver car above has the DRL's working. I have my new lights and i'm ready to put them in, but yea i want the whole thing to function properly
    Drl's won't work normally. If you keep the fuse in, your lights will be all the time. The wiring is different between the hid and non hid lights.

The silver car is not a conversion. It was shown as an example of how Drl's look.

well that's unfortunate...there has to be some way! i actually thought the regular halogen housings had their own version of the DRL; i thought the lowbeam acted as the daytime running light but i might be wrong. so you've never gotten your DRL's to work on your black CTS? i just bought expensive bulbs for them too haha

----------

i read somewhere on another thread that someone had ran a new wire to make them work, but for the life of me i can't find the thread anymore. no idea how to attempt that addition.

blkillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Are they straight plug and play if I have stock HID lights? Will everything still work or will the DRL's not work for mine as well?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.