2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, 20 " tires and noise ??? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have had 20" on other vehicles and always had tires that were very noisy on the road. Are there ...
- 07-25-13 10:55 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
20 " tires and noise ???
I have had 20" on other vehicles and always had tires that were very noisy on the road. Are there any recommendations for 20" tires that look good and don't make so much noise, maybe in a 245/40x 20 ???
- 07-25-13 11:05 PM #2Originally Posted by Hydrohillbilly
- 07-26-13 09:10 PM #3Originally Posted by Hydrohillbilly
- 07-26-13 10:41 PM #4Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '08 CTS4 Prem 3.6DI, '00 STS
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
Re: 20 " tires and noise ???
I just got a set of 20" tires for mine. They are 245/40 R20 Continental Extreme Contact DW.
The Pros are: Very quiet, dont hear any more noise over stock. Ride quality is slightly better than my stock 18" tires. Great price, $180 ea for a high mileage Z rated 20" tire. Wet traction is amazing, seriously.
Cons: Steering response is noticeably less than my stock Michelin's, I have less sidewall but more body roll, IDK.
Even considering the slightly worse handling, I would buy them again.
- 07-30-13 08:44 PM #5
Thanks for the info.... I decided on the Nitto Motivo 255/35/20 on Lexani LSS -10 wheels. I will post pics when I get them on the 2010 CTS Wagon thanks Again !
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - 1/2" Dr Torque Wrench
1/2" Dr Torque Wrench - 1/2" Dr Torqute Wrench (18" handle, 10-150 Ft/Lbs)
- PowerTorque Tools - Crowfoot Wrenches
Crowfoot Wrenches - 9 Pcs 3/8" Dr Crowfoot Wrench Set - Metric